Events UK: Brotherhood - 6 man team event - Lists out!

Chris Tomlin

Event Title: Brotherhood - 6 man team event - Tournament pack out!
Event Author: Chris Tomlin
Calendar: Events UK
Event Date: 01/18/2020 12:00 AM to 01/19/2020 12:00 AM

Afternoon guys,

I'm pleased to announce that I will be running a 6 man team event at the amazing Firestorm Games in Cardiff on the 18th and 19th of January 2020.

EDIT, the pack is now live....

http://traffic.libsyn.com/theblacksun/Brotherhood_2020.pdf

and lists...

http://traffic.libsyn.com/theblacksun/Brotherhood_Lists.pdf

Many thanks,

Chris

Brotherhood - 6 man team event - Tournament pack out!

• Like 4

Team List

1.  SUPERMEGABROS - Matthew Lyons (c), Aaron Bailey, Wayne Rendell, Paul Buckler, Will Philpott, Tom Hewitt
  2.  Facehammer - Les Martin, Russ Veal, Byron Orde, Terry Pike, Tony Moore, Tom Mawdsley
  3.  Team Darren - Darren Watson (c), Chris Myhill, Ric Myhill, Nathan Prescott, Dan Bradshaw, Luke Morton
  4.  Team Keen - Laurie Huggett-Wilde (c), Steve Curtis, Ritchie McAlley, James Tinsdale, Jack Armstrong, Craig Namvar
  5.  Team Angel - Donal Taylor (c), Andy Burton, Simon Froley, Alex Ley, Adam Cunis, Nick Tolfree
  6.  Fish Finger Exit Wound - Ross M Howard (c), Chris Nielsen, David Busse, Matt Dawson, Mark Tucker, Tom Landy
  7.  Tunsgate Tyrants - Sam Loving (c), Sam Saunders, Chris Francis, Simon Cobb, David Glaysher, Martijn Zuidema
  8.  Rollmodels - Matthew Ward (c), Michael Blatherwick, Tom Newton-Dines, Tom Field, Richard Nutter, Laura Bates
  9.  Beast Midlands - Liam Jordan (c), Tom Fretwell, Max Barton, Christian Moore, Ady McWalter, Will Barton
  10.  Go FAQ Yourself - Jack McQuiggan (c), Edmund Alcock, Michael Parker, Josh Richards, Ben Richards, Joshua Moazami
  11.  Team Wales - Marc Brookes (c) +5
  12.  The Great Big Secret - Pete Allison (c), Chris Allison, Chris Denmark, Declan Waters, Thomas Holmes, Rory James Searle
  13.  Fiction - Leo Rautonen (c), Ben Murphy, Benjamin Savva, Rob Bradley, Alex Kew, Matt Gouldesbrough
  14.  More Bang For Your Buck - Mark Curtis (c), Dan George, Chris Hibbins, Carl Martin +2
  15.  Team Bad Dice - Ben Curry (c), Ben Johnson, Adam Hall, Martin Morrin, Bryan Carmichael, Liam Cook
  16.  Fact - Maxime Julian (c), Sebastian Delmonte, Adam Mumford, Ralph Hugh +2
  17.  Dad's Army - Colin Cochrane (c), Stephen Mitchell, David Kane, Neil Montgomery, Dead McLaughlin, Jay Kinsella
  18.  Team Andy Joyce+ - Joel Smith (c), Andrew Lewis, Steve Smith, Mark Saunders, James Harding, Danny Cashman
  19. EATBATS - Jimbo (c), Mitzy, Jon Williams, Ben Mardle, Ollie Fox, Dan Seymour
  20. Legio IX - Tim Martin (c) +5
  21. Mercenaries 1 - Matt Arnold, Steve Hursell, Ant Moylan, James Eveleigh, Michael Wilson, Steve Phillips
  22. Mercenaries 2 - James Box,  David Roberts, Carl Smith, Heath Barnes *TWO MERC SPOTS LEFT HERE*
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Tickets for this event go on sale tonight at 7pm tonight. 

Please have one person send a single payment of £285 as friends and family. Include the team name, the 6 players and the captain in the notes. 

Payment address is lunatic_pandora@btinternet.com

The full pack will follow in a couple of weeks, however you should expect something very similar to the ETC. 

If you are a player (or smaller group of players) without a full 6 man team, you can still get involved. You can send individual payments of £47.50 to me and I will group people together in teams of 6. This has traditionally been a nice way for newer players to get involved and enjoy team events (which anyone will tell you are the most fun!)

I’ll post up a list of entrants tomorrow. There has been a big buzz for this on Twitter so make sure you get your team payment in tonight!

Chris

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:32 PM, Chris Tomlin said:

Everyone who purchased a ticket is in, I just need to get everything updated when I have a moment to breathe haha! I believe we are at 20 teams which is utterly phenomenal!

Is there a list of confirmed entrants? I paid but I never got an e-mail or anything and I just want to check we're on there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Hey guys,

I've updated the second post with team lists and player names.

At present we are look for two Mercs to fill out the second team. Also I have now agreed space with Firestorm for two more teams!! 

Get in there quick if you're interested. Payment info in first post. Many thanks,

Chris

Hey Chris if I wanted to take a merc slot, do I just send you the payment? Is there some way to reach out to the people already in that team first and check we're on the same wavelength? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Carnelian said:

Hey Chris if I wanted to take a merc slot, do I just send you the payment? Is there some way to reach out to the people already in that team first and check we're on the same wavelength? 

Hey,

Yeh typically for Mercs you would just send over the individual payment (£47.50) and I’d group you together. I can tell you the 4 guys in that second team are all really nice. What I’ve done with the first team is stick them all in a WhatsApp chat. 

If you want to chat to them beforehand though, James is @Caffran101, Dave is @Thenecbromancer, Carl is @Cas797. and Heath is @Heath Barnes. Feel free to get a group DM going or something.

Cheers,

Chris

8 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Hey,

Yeh typically for Mercs you would just send over the individual payment (£47.50) and I’d group you together. I can tell you the 4 guys in that second team are all really nice. What I’ve done with the first team is stick them all in a WhatsApp chat. 

If you want to chat to them beforehand though, James is @Caffran101, Dave is @Thenecbromancer, Carl is @Cas797 and Heath is @Heath Barnes. Feel free to get a group DM going or something.

Cheers,

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

We’ve also come up against a bit of a weird situation with spells. We’ve got one army with bonesplitterz allegiance and another with the big Waagh! allegiance, so they are able to pick spells from the same spell lore. Presume these armies can’t pick the same specific spells, but as long as they don’t duplicate they can pick from the same lore?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Hope you had a good Christmas and are getting ready for Brotherhood! Couple of things;

Just to confirm, as a few people have asked the question, Brotherhood will be played using the existing Kharadron Overlords and Disciples of Tzeentch books. Whilst I know people will (rightly) want to use the exciting new books, I maintain this is for the betterment of the event.

I’d suggest that any team using those factions need to print the faq and old scrolls/have the book.  Most people will have updated the app so won’t have the old warscroll to hand.

I will also be making an announcement regarding Slaves to Darkness at Brotherhood. Details to follow, should be later on today. Will likely just be houserules on Nurgle DP & Everchosen Command Ability (sensible stuff we might hope to later see in a FAQ - trust my judgment!).

Cheers, Chris