AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

1 hour ago, Gecktron said:

Drop Deep striking units or fast units like Dark Riders/Outriders within 6" so the crawler cant shoot or drop an Everblaze Comet on them if he has them all in one place. Even a few wounds means their damage drops off by a lot. 

If you play Hammerhal I would advice going for the cindercloud spell. -1 to-hit helps a bit. 

Also, high-save units will do quite well against the crawlers as they lack the rend. Cheap 4+ save Freeguild guardsmen especially. 

Though he should keep in mind that the more damage our crawlers take, the more effective Cursed Stele is at killing your Big Thing  or support heroes

People have been writing alot about forced artifacts dye to subfaction. Does this mean you cant pick Artifact when going petrifex? And instead you have to use godbone armor? This forcing you to take a battalion in order to get the helm for the liege? 

1 minute ago, Nuradin said:

People have been writing alot about forced artifacts dye to subfaction. Does this mean you cant pick Artifact when going petrifex? And instead you have to use godbone armor? This forcing you to take a battalion in order to get the helm for the liege? 

That's correct. Picking petrifex locks you into a trait and artifact.

23 minutes ago, Nuradin said:

Your first artifact has to be the godbone armor.  If you take battalions your second or more artifacts can be anything you want.

Now that the dust has settled, and absolutely accepting a degree of subjectivity, would some kind soul do a quick run down on the best 2 of each of:

traits

artefacts

spells

legions

endless spells

and a quick ranking of how effective units are in their assigned role. This would really help a time poor player. Thx

3 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I have no bone in this fight, but it seems like someone hearkens back to the old world with mighty skills:

This is obviously a work of immense passion and great talent. Kudos to the artist.

That said ...

Really? Settra. The guy who hates Nagash and Does Not Kneel. He's being used as a guy who totally bows to the will of Nagash?

Nah.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

This is obviously a work of immense passion and great talent. Kudos to the artist.

That said ...

Really? Settra. The guy who hates Nagash and Does Not Kneel. He's being used as a guy who totally bows to the will of Nagash?

Nah.

I think in his head canon, this guy has its own army of the dead, separate from Nagash. Like my City regards Taal higher than Sigmar.

2 hours ago, Cargo Cult said:

Now that the dust has settled, and absolutely accepting a degree of subjectivity, would some kind soul do a quick run down on the best 2 of each of:

traits

artefacts

spells

legions

endless spells

and a quick ranking of how effective units are in their assigned role. This would really help a time poor player. Thx

Traits: Not important as you will be taking a legion, but maybe in a 1k game there would be a case for choosing trait and relic. If so then trait 1. Ancient Knowledge to get 1 more discipline point per round, or 3. Dark Acolyte to become a wizard (for a liege).

Artefacts: My number 1 choice is Helm of the Ordanied for a Liege Kavalos, this gives 12" +1 hit bubble which is crazy good. For the wizards it is a bit more so so, but I'd say the soulmason 9" +1 wound bubble is decent as well as +2 to cast until you get a natural 10+ cast roll. Shoutout to the Soulreapers luminscythe as well, which is both a -1 to be hit on the bearer as well as +1 cast, this is the only unconditional + to cast we got.

Spells: I wont say anything is just "best", but I do feel that both of the reinforcement spells are more nice to haves and situational, especially the shield one as it only gives a 5+ against mortal wounds. I will say that drain vitality is an incredibly nice buff, and if I had to only chose 1 per game, that would probably be my go to spell, as it counters some of the mot dangerous mechanics, which is exploding hits (look at the Slaanesh players face when he has to reroll his keepers 2 6's for claw hits and rejoice), and also mortal wound reflects on 6's to save. Protection of Nagash is a very cool spell for Nagash and Arkhan, but not really anything else I think.

Legions: This should be clear by now right? Petrifex is waaayyyy above everything else, it has the best of everything. Praetorians and Ivory host are pointless and terrible. Stalliarch lords, null myriad and crematorium are pretty equal in different niches, decent and probably more in line with what legions should be, but they are all completely outdone by petrifex.

Endless spells: If you buy the box you get all 3 anyway, but with the few sources of + to cast and the -1 penalty with an endless spell in place, I prefer the screamer, with only 5+ to cast and a 12" +1 to hit bubble. The predator is cool, but really annoying to use at the right time, it has extreme short range to cast (wholly within 6") and moves random (2d6), you will probably not get many good situations to use this in, and when you do, it is very unreliable to even cast.

Units: If you are on a budget and looking for an all comers list to start with, I would focus on Mortek Guard and some Kavalos. Something like a Liege Kavalos, Mortisan Soulmason, a box of Mortek guard and a box of Kavalos as the core is a good purchase, add a box of stalkers or a harvester for a nice little 1k force to play vanguard games or meeting engagements.

After that add more Mortek guard and possibly Kavalos, a Boneshaper and either stalkers or harvester depending on what you already got.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Traits: Not important as you will be taking a legion, but maybe in a 1k game there would be a case for choosing trait and relic. If so then trait 1. Ancient Knowledge to get 1 more discipline point per round, or 3. Dark Acolyte to become a wizard (for a liege).

Artefacts: My number 1 choice is Helm of the Ordanied for a Liege Kavalos, this gives 12" +1 hit bubble which is crazy good. For the wizards it is a bit more so so, but I'd say the soulmason 9" +1 wound bubble is decent as well as +2 to cast until you get a natural 10+ cast roll. Shoutout to the Soulreapers luminscythe as well, which is both a -1 to be hit on the bearer as well as +1 cast, this is the only unconditional + to cast we got.

Spells: I wont say anything is just "best", but I do feel that both of the reinforcement spells are more nice to haves and situational, especially the shield one as it only gives a 5+ against mortal wounds. I will say that drain vitality is an incredibly nice buff, and if I had to only chose 1 per game, that would probably be my go to spell, as it counters some of the mot dangerous mechanics, which is exploding hits (look at the Slaanesh players face when he has to reroll his keepers 2 6's for claw hits and rejoice), and also mortal wound reflects on 6's to save. Protection of Nagash is a very cool spell for Nagash and Arkhan, but not really anything else I think.

Legions: This should be clear by now right? Petrifex is waaayyyy above everything else, it has the best of everything. Praetorians and Ivory host are pointless and terrible. Stalliarch lords, null myriad and crematorium are pretty equal in different niches, decent and probably more in line with what legions should be, but they are all completely outdone by petrifex.

Endless spells: If you buy the box you get all 3 anyway, but with the few sources of + to cast and the -1 penalty with an endless spell in place, I prefer the screamer, with only 5+ to cast and a 12" +1 to hit bubble. The predator is cool, but really annoying to use at the right time, it has extreme short range to cast (wholly within 6") and moves random (2d6), you will probably not get many good situations to use this in, and when you do, it is very unreliable to even cast.

Units: If you are on a budget and looking for an all comers list to start with, I would focus on Mortek Guard and some Kavalos. Something like a Liege Kavalos, Mortisan Soulmason, a box of Mortek guard and a box of Kavalos as the core is a good purchase, add a box of stalkers or a harvester for a nice little 1k force to play vanguard games or meeting engagements.

After that add more Mortek guard and possibly Kavalos, a Boneshaper and either stalkers or harvester depending on what you already got.

+1 on that, though I‘d rate praetorians equally strong to petrifex if you are taking Katakros. +1 to hit / save almost across the board combined with his other abilities will probably win you as many games as an additional rend as a CA will.

Then again I think Arkhan > Katakros and i dont want to spend 860 points on 2 leaders, so I prefer petrifex. 

1 hour ago, Phasteon said:

1 hour ago, Phasteon said:

+1 on that, though I‘d rate praetorians equally strong to petrifex if you are taking Katakros. +1 to hit / save almost across the board combined with his other abilities will probably win you as many games as an additional rend as a CA will.

Then again I think Arkhan > Katakros and i dont want to spend 860 points on 2 leaders, so I prefer petrifex. 

I'll add my personal experience. Be aware that it is only me 😉

When you start the army, you'll have to ask yourself also about the hidden costs (battletome, cards, dice, goodies, decors, ES...). You already answered about the Endless spells. I think that you forgot the decor which is in my opinion, mandatory (and a little bit OP at the zero cost in points. But it is not free in €£$. Don't forget it.

The key sentence above is "If you are on a budget and looking for an all comers list". 

For all comers, I think that the very best of the best is...not ossiarch! lol. Arkhan is a killer. So, if you don't have him, it'd be a harder choice. If you already have him in a death army, it's a no brainer. Also, if you already have some harbinger, no need in short term of stalkers/immortis.

The core of the army, that you'll see in most armies is only 3 units: guards, kavalos and liege. At low points, 1  of each at upper points, at least 2 of guards (40) and 2 of kavalos (10) and 1 liege = 1080 points. Arkhan and another HQ (bonereaper for cheap useful or another according to your preference) and you already are above 1500. (1700+ if you already have harbingers...).

Me, and it is JUST ME : I had 3 boxes of feast of bones to start OBR. Already have Arkhan and death... I was excited to build around this. But I saw that it was an additional bare minimum of 150€. Not to finish the army, but just to get the minimum to play 2K with a bit of choice. I already have to finish several armies. I asked myself: what different things (from others) this army bring to me ? Not that much. (except that I love the minis). My pile of shame is already too big, the feast of bones already gave me an ogor army (for cheap). So, I decided: stop here. This is just a plastic (read= financial) immobilisation. I resold everything (almost at the UK FLGS market price) and got rid of OBR... except for ONE Vokmortian (because I know that I'll build this army in the (near) future). So, even if I start again OBR, I'd lost less than 10£€. But this budget game me enough to finish ogor and complete StD (whichare both > 3000pts with many army options).

So, my ultimate advice IF YOU ARE ON BUDGET: wait for bundles and finish your pile of shame/complete your existing armies which will give you more strategic options for cheap: sooner or later, there will be a SC!, almost sure with guards. I bet that one of the AoS next year battleforce will be OBR and giving the unit range, pretty sure that with 2 boxes, you'll have a good starting point.

Well he did say time poor, so I guess it was more what to get first and paint up to use as much as possible..

Feast of Bones is poor value if not interested in Ogors, mostly because there will be veeery few reasons to ever bring more than 2 units of morghasts (barely even 1).

2 hours ago, Phasteon said:

The only thing Katakros does more for the Praetorians is +1 save, Petrifex already just get that anyway and does not depend on a 18/36" bubble, if your opponent focuses some wounds of Katakros he can quickly lose his big bubble radious. 

You are already +1 to hit, so most units are at 2+ to hit, making reroll to hit against charging units only rather worthless compared to a unniversal +1 rend which can be used in any combat. This allows especially your Kavalos and Mortek to hit MUCH harder. 

With Katakros as general the trait does not matter, but the artifact is a -3 rend weapon for Praetorians... who will use this blade? With Katakros you will most likely want wizards and not a Liege. Petrifex just get an ignore wound artifact, which is always decent.

So even if we assume both legions always get +1 save for everyone (which in many cases they will not when katakros gets wounded), then we are left with praetorians getting reroll to hit against chargers CP and a useless blade artifact and -1 bravery aura. Petrifex gets +1 rend in any combat of choice and a good all around artifact. The most important thing is the rend command, when you really get to play with it, you will love it endlessly, especially considering reroll to hit is worthless at 2+ hit already and Soulmasons can dish out reroll 1 to hit spells easily too.

Played a 2,000 point game against a friend and his Ironjawz last night.  Thought I’d put up another battle report.

His army:

Ironsunz

Megaboss on Maw-Krusha General with Sunblessed Armor and +1 damage mount trait

Orruk Warchanter with Killa Beat

Orrus Weirdnob Shaman with Hand of Gork

10 Orruk Brutes

5 Orruk Brutes

10 Orruk Ardboyz

6 Orruk Gore-gruntas

Rogue Idol

My army:

Petrifex Elite

Mortisan Soulreaper General with Godbone Armor and Protection of Nagash

Liege Kavalos with Helm of the Ordained

Mortisan Boneshaper with Reinforce Battle-Shields

20 Mortek Guard with Swords, 2 Greatswords

20 Mortek Guard with Swords, 2 Greatswords

10 Mortek Guard with Swords, 1 Greatsword

5 Kavalos Deathriders with Swords

Gothizzar Harvester

Gothizzar Harvester

Mortek Crawler

Mortek Shield-Corps Battalion

We played the Places of Power mission.  He won the roll to pick sides and began setting up.  We ended up with 20 Mortek Guard bubble wrapping a Gothizzar Harvester and Boneshaper on my left across from his 10 Ardboyz, 5 Brutes and Weirdnob for that objective.  For the center it was shaping up to be his Rogue Idol, 10 Brutes and Warchanter with the Mawcrusher between that objective and the right one and his pigs on the right.  I set up the Crawler, Liege Kavalos, and 20 Mortek Guard towards the center (with the Nexus right there), the 2nd Harvester near the Guard between the objectives, then the 10 Mortek Guard, Soulreaper and Deathriders on the end.  

I had 7 drops to his 8 so finished setting up first and let him take the first turn.

First Turn

I began by generating my RD points.  Rolled my 10 dice and failed to get a single 6, so had 5 for the turn.  He gave his Mawcrusher +1 damage from the Warchanter and attempted to Hand of Gork a unit but it was unbound by the Boneshaper.  He was wary of my hidden speed so advanced up the table and got into position to countercharge but otherwise it was an uneventful turn and didn’t score any points.

On my turn the Nexus wounded the Warchanter once.  The Boneshaper gave the Harvester near him Mystic Shield and the Soulreaper put up his Protection of Nagash.  As my army was also out of range to grab the objectives with my heroes they moved up.  I gave the 2 units of 20 Mortek Guard +3” so they could keep up with their Harvesters, but otherwise I didn’t plan to start engaging him until turn 2 to allow his Ironsunz ability to wear off and to keep the Harvesters with the Mortek Guard (didn’t want one or the other to fail that 7+ charge when you can’t reroll.  For shooting one Harvester killed an Ardboy with his eyeball lasers while the 2nd failed to do any damage to his Mawcrusha.  The Crawler then was given +1 shot from the Liege Kavalos and got +1 to hit from his artifact and shot at his Warchanter.  It hit 4 times, then only wounded 1 time and it was saved by the guy hiding in some terrain.  There were no charges so the turn ended and I didn’t score any points either.

Second Turn

I won the roll to go first and chose to go first.  I rolled for my RD points and once again failed to roll any 6s and so had 5 RD points.  The Nexus was out of range to get the Rogue Idol or Mawcrusha completely within 18” so it decided to wound the Mawcrusha once.  The Boneshaper attempted to cast spirit shards but it was unbound and the Soulreaper failed to cast Soul-Blast (gogo double 1s).  The army moved up with the Mortek Guard and Harvester on the left getting ready to charge and the Boneshaper taking that objective.  The other 20 Mortek Guard and Harvester moved up towards his Idol with the Kavalos getting into position to provide his buff (but it would have overextended him to take the objective.)  Finally the 10 Mortek Guard, Soulreaper and Deathriders moved up to take the right objective and to deny him the space to land the Mawcrusha and getting the Deathriders 4” from the end of his Pigs to deny some of them fighting.

For shooting the crawler once again fired at the Warchanter, hit him all 3 times, wounded twice and he saved both once again.  One harvester killed another Ardboy while the 2nd did 2 wounds to his Mawcrusha.  The left Harvester and 20 Guard charged his 8 Ardboyz, 5 Brutes and Weirdnob and the center Harvester and 20 Guard charged his Rogue Idol.  Finally the Deathriders charged the Pigs and rolled double 1s (2nd time that turn for that side of the table) and failed their charge by 1”.  He then spent a command point to counter charge my Mortek Guard with his 10 Brutes.  At the start of the turn one unit of Mortek Guard got the free Shield Wall and +1 rend while the other also got Shield Wall and +1 rend leaving me with 2 command points.  I went first with my Harvester on the Rogue Idol.  Hitting on 2s it managed to do 2 mortal wounds, hit 2 further times and fail to wound with the bludgeon, then on 2s and 2s with the fists and tail it hit once, wounded and did 1 more wound when the other was saved with its ignore wounds ability.   Knowing that he had to kill the Harvester first he attacked with the Idol back and managed to do 10 wounds to the Harvester after armor saves, but 2 were saved on the 6+ leaving it at 2 wounds.  I then had the other Harvester go and it killed 4 Ardboyz.  His 10 Brutes piled in against the Mortek Guard on the Rogue Idol and failed to kill a single Guard after rerolls.  The other Guard went and killed 2 more Ardboyz and 2 Brutes.  Those Ardboyz, Brutes and Weirdnob also completely failed to kill any Mortek Guard.  Finally the Mortek Guard on the Rogue Idol whiffed completely against the Brutes (only 3 could fight them) and the rest only managed 5 more wounds on the Rogue Idol giving it 8 (I wasn’t rolling my attacks that well, but the saves were huge).  He then spent a command point to keep the Brutes from running away, but the Ardboyz all fled to battleshock.  Finally, since I now controlled 2 objectives I scored 2 points.

On his turn he once again tried to use the Hand of Gork but it was unbound for a second time.  The warchanter then gave the Rogue Idol +1 damage and put a +1 to hit on the Mortek Guard against him.  He then used Mighty Destroyers on the Rogue Idol to have it fight and attack the Harvester.  It got 2 wounds past the armor save and the harvester failed both 6+ saves and died.   That one was close!  He didn’t have much to move.  He scooted his Warchanter back to get more then 1” into the woods so he couldn’t be seen by the Crawler.  The Pigs scooted over to give some spacing then the Mawcrusher landed there.  He then bellowed at my Soulreaper but failed to damage him.  For charges the Pigs charged the Deathriders, the Mawcrusha charged the Deathriders, Soulreaper and Mortek Guard (I hadn’t thought my positioning that well since I was convinced the Deathriders wouldn’t fail that 4” charge when they get +1” to charge.  That’ll learn me.  The Mawcrusha considered using its bulk on the Soulreaper but once my friend confirmed what protection of Nagash did, he decided to use it against the 10 Mortek Guard and killed 2.

In the combat phase one unit of Mortek Guard got the free shield wall while the other got the last 2 RD points for Shield Wall and +1 rend.  He went first with Mawcrusha and went for the Soulreaper so that it could kill him and then he could fight with someone else.  He hit and wounded the Soulreaper 11 times and 12 total wounds got through his armor.  3 were saved by his 6+ ignore wounds but the Protection of Nagash only saved 1 and after the Godbone armor he barely did 7 wounds to him killing him.  He was really worried when he saw me rolling 8 dice knowing that I only needed 2 5+ for him to survive!  He then activated his Rogue Idol and killed 8 Mortek Guard.  By removing dead models I was able to get that unit outside of 3+ of the Brutes they were once in combat with.  Those Mortek Guard fought back and did 7 more wounds back to the Idol leaving it at 1.  The Pigs then attacked my Deathriders and killed 1 and wounded another once.  My Mortek Guard on the other side of the table went and killed his Weirdnob and remaining 3 Brutes.    Finally the Deathriders did 2 wounds to the Pigs and the Deathriders and 8 Mortek Guard did 4 more wounds to the Mawcrusha having it taking 7 total wounds and getting the Strength from Victory to +1.  He then scored a point since his Mawcrusha killed my Boneshaper and took his objective.

Third turn

He won the roll and went for the double turn.  I rolled 8 dice for my RD and for the third time rolled no 6s  (28 rolls and counting with no 6s) giving me 4.  His Warchanter again put up the +1 to hit on my 10 Mortek Guard and gave the Rogue Idol +1 damage in a desperate attempt to kill the Mortek Guard before the killed him.  The Idol then fought again with Mighty Destroyer and killed 8 of the Mortek Guard leaving 2.  He only had one unit to move, so his Warchanter left the woods to get away from my left side which had wiped out the Orruks.  His Mawcrusha shot at the 8 Mortek Guard on him but failed to kill any.  His Brutes then charged the 2 Mortek Guard and got 3 brutes in.  At the start of the combat phase I figured those two were dead, so the 8 Mortek Guard got the free Shield Wall but I didn’t spend any other command abilities.  He then activated the brutes in combat with the 2 Mortek Guard and completely failed to kill anyone.  The remaining two guard smiled about their luck and decided not to push it so attacked the Rogue Idol with the Greatsword killing it.  The resulting explosion killed both Guard, wounded a Brute once and did 2 wounds to the Warchanter.  The Mawcrusha then split its attacks between the remaining 4 deathriders and 8 Mortek Guard.  It didn’t kill any Guard but did kill 2 Deathriders.  The Deathriders then went and did another wound to the Mawcrusha and were finished off by the Pigs.  Finally the Mortek Guard went and did 2 more wounds to the Mawcrusha getting it to 10 wounds.  He then scored 2 more points for the objective putting him at 3.

I went and the Nexus failed to give the Brutes -1 to hit.  The Boneshaper then put a Mystic Shield up on the remaining Harvester.  The 20 Mortek Guard got +3” movement and hoofed it towards those brutes while the Harvester started to chase the Warchanter.  The Liege Kavalos moved around to be able to charge the Brutes and claim the middle objective.  In shooting, the Harvester wounded the Warchanter again putting him at 4 wounds taken and the Crawler fired at the Mawcrusha but failed to get through its armor.  The Liege Kavalos and Mortek Guard charged the 10 Brutes in the middle with the Liege Kavalos rolling an 11 for its charge.  He then rolled his 11 dice and failed to roll any 6s for the impact (so that’s 39 and counting for those keeping score).  In the combat phase the 8 Mortek Guard got the free Shield Wall while the other Guard got Shield Wall and the Liege Kavalos got +1 Rend and +1 Attack (not many Guard were going to get into combat.  I just needed them there to be closer so the Brutes wouldn’t pile in on the Liege Kavalos.)  The Liege Kavalos then went and killed a Brute and wounded another.  The Brutes went and killed one Mortek Guard and didn’t wound the Kavalos.  The Mortek Guard then went and did 2 more wounds to the Mawcrusha getting it to 12.  It killed one back with the mortal wound from the Shield and killed 2 more in attacks.  The Mortek Guard then piled into the brutes and killed 2 more but none ran.  I then scored 3 points getting me to 5

Fourth Turn

I won the roll and decided to have a double turn.  I rolled my 6 RD dice and roll 2 6s! putting me at 6 RD points.  The Boneshaper hit the Brutes with the Shards doing 1 mortal wound but was out of range to heal the dead Mortek Guard.  The Nexus then wounded the Mawcrusha.  The Harvester fired at the Warchanter but failed to damage him and the Crawler fired at the Mawcrusha, wounding him twice and he finally failed a save killing it dead.  The Harvester charged the Warchanter.  The Mortek Guard got the free Shield Wall and got +1 attack and +1 Rend.   They then fought the Brutes and killed 5.  The Brutes then piled in to try to kill the Kavalos before he went but failed to get any wounds past my armor saves.  The Harvester then pounded the Warchanter into a pancake and the Liege Kavalos killed another Brute.  The remaining Brutes then ran away.  I then scored 5 more points putting me at ten.

He then only had the pigs so they charged the small unit of Mortek Guard that that been a thorn in the side of the Mawcrusha and finally managed to wipe them out.  He didn’t have any heroes left so didn’t score any more points

We then called the game as I was ahead 10-3, had 2 heroes and he only had his 6 Gore-gruntas left.

Edited by Emissary
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

Feast of Bones is poor value if not interested in Ogors, mostly because there will be veeery few reasons to ever bring more than 2 units of morghasts (barely even 1).

I (super) love the morghast which indeed are not the best on the table. But you are right: after reselling what I didn't want to keep, and finally gotten rid of all ossiarch, I just have a 1500pts army for...60€ ! And that, completely NEW on sprues. (1 tyrant, 18 ogors, 6 leebelchers, 3 ironblasters). Add to this one of the best deal with the SC!, 140€ later I'm with 4 Stonhorn+8mournfangs added to the ogors making a almost 4000pts army 100% new for 200€. Unbeatable.

I hope that I'll got a battleforce next year for OBR. This year, the battleforces a pretty bad (they were great last year).

So my buddy is playing mawtribes and going a pretty heavy cavalry  list, we're playing a 1500 points game in the next few days and i was thinking of something like this

Petrifex Elite

Arkhan the black: Mighty Archaeossian / Godbone armor

Liege Kavalos

20 Mortek Guard

20 Mortek Guard

3 Stalkers

1 Mortek Crawler

Soulstealer Carrion

I would have preferred to run two harvesters,  but can only take two behemoths at 1500. I believe he's taking 3 stonehorns (he said his general allows him to take some of them as battleline?), 2x4 mournfangs, and 2 butchers. So i'm taking the crawler to hopefully snipe the butchers. Used the leftover points to take the stalkers, not sure how well they'll do.

Think this list will stand up well to all those charges in my future?

Your problem will be the mobility: you friend got it with some (super) heavy hitters. I'd suggest:

- maybe a ES to slow down some of the enemies

- one fast unit (riders) to counter a flank and go with the liege.

- maybe only one unit of the guards need to be 20 (with arkhan giving life back...). Not sure. To be tested. If you can replace the 130pts by another hero (for more DP and magic, boneshaper would be my take)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Your problem will be the mobility: you friend got it with some (super) heavy hitters. I'd suggest:

- maybe a ES to slow down some of the enemies

- one fast unit (riders) to counter a flank and go with the liege.

- maybe only one unit of the guards need to be 20 (with arkhan giving life back...). Not sure. To be tested. If you can replace the 130pts by another hero (for more DP and magic, boneshaper would be my take)

I like these ideas! Though i'm not sure what you mean by "ES", i'm away from my book at the moment. And I forgot to mention, I do have the terrain piece to help out a tiny bit

So something like

Petrifex

Arkhan

Liege Kavalos

Boneshaper

20xmortek guard

10xmortek guard

5xDeathriders

Mortek Crawler

Bone-tithe shrieker

Bone-tithe Nexus

Edited by Arcian

3 minutes ago, Klat said:

remember that Arkhan, as a special character, cannot have the command trait and artifact

Totally forgot about that! Thanks! Remind me, Arkhan also take up a behemoth slot? I assume so since he has the keyword, but since he's a leader too i wasn't too sure if it mattered or not

Edited by Arcian

Just now, Arcian said:

****** totally forgot about that! Thanks! Remind me, Arkhan also take up a behemoth slot? I assume so since he has the keyword, but since he's a leader too i wasn't too sure if it mattered or not

yep, if you are playing with vanguard rules (1000 points) you will need to drop a behemoth

• Like 1