AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

26 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

So what would you say that our hammer and anvils are?

Stalkers in Petrifex with command ability and Precision aspect can have 5 attacks at 3/3/-3/2dmg. That's like the backside of a ball pein hammer to the skull.

• Like 1

Sorry all but I’m not understanding the Cauldron of torment missile attack.

It says: “pick one unit and roll one dice for each model. Add the modifier to each roll. If the result is equal to or greater than the unmodified Bravery characteristic of the target unit, 1 model from that unit is slain”.

So that means that against extremely low bravery units, like clanrats with 4, we have 50% chance to kill every model from that unit? And becomes totally useless against all bravery 7 or above units?

20 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Sorry all but I’m not understanding the Cauldron of torment missile attack.

It says: “pick one unit and roll one dice for each model. Add the modifier to each roll. If the result is equal to or greater than the unmodified Bravery characteristic of the target unit, 1 model from that unit is slain”.

So that means that against extremely low bravery units, like clanrats with 4, we have 50% chance to kill every model from that unit? And becomes totally useless against all bravery 7 or above units?

Example: 

If the enemy unit has 20 models and it has bravery 4. You roll 20 dice and every 4+ a model is dead. Obviously you need to take into account your modifier on your roll. 

At least that is how I am reading it. 

And yes, anything above Bravery 6 is basically immune. 

Edited by Heijoshin

36 minutes ago, Heijoshin said:

Example: 

If the enemy unit has 20 models and it has bravery 4. You roll 20 dice and every 4+ a model is dead. Obviously you need to take into account your modifier on your roll. 

At least that is how I am reading it. 

And yes, anything above Bravery 6 is basically immune. 

Thanks first time I read it I mixed it with the stele and seemed you kill maximum one unit.

Hey, I am having trouble interpreting the Mortek Shield-Corps battalion. It reads:

"Vokmortian, 1 Mortisan Boneshaper, 1 Mortisan Soulreaper or 1 Mortisan Soulmason". 

What does the "or"-part refer to? I am reading it as Vokmortian and 1 Boneshaper are mandatory, and then you get to chose between Soulreaper and Soulmason, but I am hearing other people interpreting it differently.

Just now, jobume said:

Hey, I am having trouble interpreting the Mortek Shield-Corps battalion. It reads:

"Vokmortian, 1 Mortisan Boneshaper, 1 Mortisan Soulreaper or 1 Mortisan Soulmason". 

What does the "or"-part refer to? I am reading it as Vokmortian and 1 Boneshaper are mandatory, and then you get to chose between Soulreaper and Soulmason, but I am hearing other people interpreting it differently.

In this instance, the commas are used to replace "or".

So it would read as "Vokmortian or 1 Mortisan Boneshaper or 1 Mortisan Soulreaper or 1 Mortisan Soulmason". 

I'm just reading through my book and Mortal Contract is even better than I thought.  It has a limitation that it only can be cast on one unit per hero phase, but not that it can't be stacked at all.

So it can be cast on a unit multiple times.  It's a absolute hero destroyer.  Alongside the Cursed Stele no hero is safe against this army.

Anyone else struggling with list? It’s so hard to fit everything in for these guys. The limited points you have really seems to make it impossible to justify taking stalkers or immortis guards, let alone the morghasts. Currently toying with an arkhan list but making an all comers kind of list is hard haha.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nubl0 said:

Anyone else struggling with list? It’s so hard to fit everything in for these guys. The limited points you have really seems to make it impossible to justify taking stalkers or immortis guards, let alone the morghasts. Currently toying with an arkhan list but making an all comers kind of list is hard haha.

You can’t fit everything, but you can do a ton of effective builds. I don’t see a copy paste net army that will beat everything however. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolomyte said:

You can’t fit everything, but you can do a ton of effective builds. I don’t see a copy paste net army that will beat everything however. 

Yeh I just feel that this book tends more towards skew builds rather than combined arms take all comers type lists, but the maybe that’s just how AoS is at the moment. Still love the model range though and will try a little of everything.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

How many crawlers is a must have? Can you just have one? As many others I struggle to fit everything that I like.

I'm planning on running 2.

Nagash

10x Mortek Guard

10x Mortek Guard

20x Mortek Guard

2x Crawlers

Soulmason

1x Shrieker Endless Spell

1x Predator Endless Spell

Bubble up and take objectives with spell support/healing with Nagash and firepower with Crawlers

1 hour ago, Nubl0 said:

I've been doing the same.. really difficult as I really want a Crawler on top of Deathrider mobility, etc. I think until we have more defined builds (IE: people play the army over the coming weeks and see what works in practice) then it's hard to visualize the whole picture on paper. Long story short, I've ran through probably 15 different lists in the last few days.

For now, I will likely settle with the 'minimalist' amount based on half the starter before I go wild into buying things that may not be worth it. This allows me to play around with each thing and see what works well for me. I've opted out of Deathriders for now until there's an FAQ on them; mobility is nice for 180 points though, so it's worth considering. That pretty much leaves me with:

Spoiler

Petrifex

Arkhan
Liege Kavalos (Mighty Archaeossian, Helm of the Ordained)
Soulmason (Godbone Armour, Empower Nadirite Weapons)

20-10-10 Mortek Guard
3 Stalkers
2 Morghast (unsettled on Harbingers\Archai)

Crawler

Shrieker
Carrion

Puts you right at 2k. I have enough toys to mess with but I'm sure the true test will be in different unit sizes once I play around with a few things. If I didn't object to playing another Horde-style army I would run a lot more Mortek as all buffs on them make them rather good at killing honestly.. and they double as an anvil. The Crawler is what I'm most curious about; I see a lot of people suggesting 1 for sure or 2 in a Ballistari but.. I guess I just need to see how a single one performs first 😉. If it goes well, I would heavily consider larger Mortek units with 2 Crawlers and completely leave out Stalkers\Morghasts as others have suggested.

20 hours ago, Arcian said:

So I got my feast of Bones boxes and, it looks like magnetizing the stalkers/immortis guard may be a tad on the difficult side :/

So order more. 🤷‍♂️ :)

I got 5 extra boxes on top of the Feast cuz, you know, crazytime.

7 hours ago, Dolomyte said:

Yeah, I think what we are going to see is a book that allows us to focus in on many different specific builds, allowing for greatly enjoyable game to game variation within just one book, but no way will we be able to have everything we want in one game.

To me, that's fantastic.

I'm currently looking at the following for a fun times crematorian list:

Arkhan
Liege Kavalos: general, faction trait and relic
Soulmason, empower weapons
Boneshaper, artisan's key, reinforce shields

20 Mortek Guard, spears & 2 greatblades
10 Mortek Guard, swords
3 Immortis Guard

Gothizar Harvester

Mortek Shield-corps

Unless I'm adding wrong, that's 2k on the nose.  Would like to fit a couple endless spells in there, but don't really want to drop anything.

Suppose I could drop the formation & soulmason for another boneshaper &10 more morteks....  would probably be better, but still no room for endlesss spells.

Just now, Sception said:

I'm currently looking at the following for a fun times crematorian list:

Arkhan
Liege Kavalos: general, faction trait and relic
Soulmason, empower weapons
Boneshaper, artisan's key, reinforce shields

10 Mortek Guard, swords
3 Immortis Guard

Gothizar Harvester

Mortek Shield-corps

Unless I'm adding wrong, that's 2k on the nose.  Would like to fit a couple endless spells in there, but don't really want to drop anything.

Suppose I could drop the formation & soulmason for another boneshaper &10 more morteks....  would probably be better, but still no room for endlesss spells.

I see you decided to go with spears instead of swords, I know the consensus has been pretty 50/50 on that. 

7 minutes ago, Arcian said:

I see you decided to go with spears instead of swords, I know the consensus has been pretty 50/50 on that. 

It's a close call.  Swords are probably better, but the greatblades get you some rend even in a spear unit, and crematorians pop for mortals too, so I'm not too too worried about armor.  At least, not if I stick with crematorians.  I plan to test a bit before commiting.

Then again, I always say that, and I never do...

Edited by Sception