AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

Arkhan and Nagash have got buff?

As others have said super disappointed morghasts got nothing other than the hekatos keyword, but if Mr. Hat has been souped up I can live with it.

They might have got another points reduction with any luck.

Edited by El Syf

2 minutes ago, El Syf said:

As others have said super disappointed morghasts got nothing other than the hekatos keyword

Just hope they drop in points a little, then they might be okay, use them to charge over units to attack support characters

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

The endless spells are ok, although I suspect the most commonly used will be the shrieker, but the predator is ok as well. The bird seems rather pointless though.

From the article earlier I was afraid that the Soulstealer Carrion was pointless also, but after seeing the warscroll card it looks amazing.  First, when cast it is place anywhere on the battlefield the caster can see and have a huge move that only you can pick on later turns so it's really easy to get into prime position.  Then, when an enemy model dies within 6" of it (assuming it isn't a death model) in any phase it has a 2 in 3 chance to heal the caster (good on large multiwound models) and a 2 in 3 chance to do 1 mortal wound to every enemy unit within 6" at the end of the phase.  That can happen quite often as you can easily slay models in the hero, shooting, combat and battleshock phases (models lost to battleshock count as slain), plus on their combat and battleshock phases as well.  And it may do more if the army has any ability to do damage in the movement or charging phase (like the Kavalos Deathriders command ability).   That's an absolute amazing amount of healing and, especially, damage it can pump out.  When both armies are clashing it can do upwards of 4+ mortal wounds to all enemy units within a 14" bubble (including all those individual heroes)  if you roll decently on your turn and can do more on their turn and will demand to be dispelled taking a spellcast from them.  Of course the death immunity to it doesn't make it perfect and it may cost a crapton of points, but it still looks amazing from reading it.  Plus it allows Arkhan or Nagash to see anything for their spellcasting when they're machine-gunning arcane bolt.

The predator can also do a lot of wounds (affecting all enemy units within 3" is great) and the shrieker has 2 great auras and can move to keep it in position.  All three endless spells are quite good.

I'm also surprised we've seen 3 different -1 bravery auras already.  You can't exactly make a strategy around it due to all the immunity out there, but it does make the Praetorians and Vokmortian a little more appealing because it can make their bravery reduction auras into something worth worrying about instead of something without any real bite at all.

I just love how the Endless Spells feel like they are an extension of the Wizard thanks to the Soul-Linked mechanic.

One increases the Wizard's sight while also doing some damage, the other just does a lot of damage and is great for character or monster hunting and the last one is just a general debuff aura ... however they all are hard-linked to the Wizard and disappear if the Wizard is killed.

Neither Nagash nor Arkhan have any keywords locking them to one of the hosts, which means Nagash with a 2+ armour save is doable. 

Also, they don't have the Ossiarch Bonerepear keyword, which means they can't cast their Endless Spells. Could they still do it through their ability to know any other Death Wizard's spells? Because Nagash with the Bird could make him quite tanky, especially with 2+ save, while ignoring the -1 to cast due to his own extra. 

7 minutes ago, Izotzuhure said:

Neither Nagash nor Arkhan have any keywords locking them to one of the hosts, which means Nagash with a 2+ armour save is doable. 

Also, they don't have the Ossiarch Bonerepear keyword, which means they can't cast their Endless Spells. Could they still do it through their ability to know any other Death Wizard's spells? Because Nagash with the Bird could make him quite tanky, especially with 2+ save, while ignoring the -1 to cast due to his own extra. 

Except the article said both of them can cast the Endless Spells

6 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Except the article said both of them can cast the Endless Spells

I just realised Nagash and Arkhan have lost their ability to know any other Death Wizard's spells... So no Nagash casting "two" Hand of Dust :(

Neither of them have the Ossiarch Bonerepear keyword, how could they get access to them? 

1 minute ago, Izotzuhure said:

I just realised Nagash and Arkhan have lost their ability to know any other Death Wizard's spells... So no Nagash casting "two" Hand of Dust :(

Neither of them have the Ossiarch Bonerepear keyword, how could they get access to them? 

No idea...might just say in the books allegiance abilities or something. I know the articles are wrong some times but if they dont have keywords or cant cast any spells why include them at all?

Guys aren't the leak prices in canadian dollars? They fit the regular prices of things like warcry warbands and all the other stuff is pretty reasonable if it's indeed CAD. It's just an idea but I think it might be right.

"At the start of your hero phase, if this model is on the battlefield you can pick up to 4 different friendly Summonable units or friendly Ossiarch Bonereapers units, in any combination, that are wholly within 24" of this model."

From Arkhans Warscroll. In case this is not only meant for playing GA Death, it confirms that using either Summonable Units as (at least) Allies with Bonereapers or using Bonereapers as (at least) Allies with Legions is possible. 

58 minutes ago, Izotzuhure said:

They will be written on the Warscroll for the Endless Spell, as was done for Nagash on the Nighthaunt Endless Spells.

GW has decided for me on Feast of Bones. Priced out at £115, way more than the last box sets for what will be around 1200 points of combined models, and that's even if I want Ogre units (which I'll be honest are old ugly sculpts in the main or incomplete such as the leadbelcher unit).  I know there's some bonereaper love here but this boxset has left me (dead) cold. Even with the panic over power-creep (and you know it wont last as they'll be nerfed by this time next year) just cant see myself buying it, either for me or my eldest kid. ☹️

RIP bonereapers...

Deathriders 5/15 180/480 *Battleline*

Mortek Guard 10/40 130/440 *Battleline*

Mortek Crawler 200

Gothizzar Harverster 200

Arch-Kavalos 220

Katakros 500

Liege-Kavalos 200

Boneshaper 130

Soulmason 140

Soulreaper 120

Vokmortian 180