Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Still-young

AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Recommended Posts

Hi there fellow Ossiarchs! I was just wondering, the lack of information yesterday means that the earliest we will have models available is the Halloween`s weekend correct? Next weekend we will have the announcement, one week of news and information, then they go on preorder and available the following weekend. Im sad because that will mean I wont have them for a tournament November 17th (Im not sure Ill have time to build everything, not talking painting) but I guess it makes sense to release the spookie units around that holiday.

Edited by miguel_fernan
correct date

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, miguel_fernan said:

Hi there fellow Ossiarchs! I was just wondering, the lack of information yesterday means that the earliest we will have models available is the Halloween`s weekend correct? Next weekend we will have the announcement, one week of news and information, then they go on preorder and available the following weekend. Im sad because that will mean I wont have them for a tournament November 17th (Im not sure Ill have time to build everything, not talking painting) but I guess it makes sense to release the spookie units around that holiday.

Yep, the schedule is looking like preorder announcement on the 20th, preorder on the 26th, release on November 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smartazjb0y said:

Yep, the schedule is looking like preorder announcement on the 20th, preorder on the 26th, release on November 2

That's been the safe bit since the 'Bone to Pick' preview, which included this line:

Quote

 

You’ll be able to order the first of the Ossiarch Bonereapers from October

 

"Able to order" is odd wording to go with if we were actually going to be able to get our hands on the models in october, so the most likely bet has always been 'pre-orders in the last weekend of october, actual release in either the first weekend of november'.   Actual october release is extremely unlikely at this point, but first weekend of november isn't exactly guaranteed either - sometimes GW does two week preorders, so it's still entirely possible that the actual release won't come until november 9th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta say I'm feeling more and more underwhelmed by these models. They look and feel very 40k, which is perhaps what GW might be wanting from this, but just aint for me. The latest model, looks like... well ... 

 

OBR-Hero-Oct14-MainImage8gsdfg.jpg

 

It looks like a skeleton riding in a Mech. Not very fantasy. Not even steampunk. Skullpunk, perhaps? The poses are not organic enough for my liking, and would look more at home in a kid's video game than as an AoS range.

I've never looked at a range of AoS miniatures before without any envy (we've collected about six factions up to 2000 pts), until this one came out. Doubly annoying since when we visited Warhammer World earlier this year and I saw the Tomb Kings, I thought it was an amazing faction to be 'squatted'. And compared to the Tomb Kings, the Bonereapers feel like Fortnite figures.

Dissapointed to say the least. 😕

Edited by Mcthew
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very Seraphonesque. Love the guy (best bones structure after the mortarch) and the presence of the nighthaunt style soul, hate the baby stick, unconviced yet by the bulky ostereich.

 

Edited by christophe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mcthew said:

Not very fantasy. Not even steampunk.

That is simply not true. It's less sci fi than KO skyships. It's like steampunk walkers, just made of bones and not of metal and cogs.

And it's beautiful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mcthew said:

Gotta say I'm feeling more and more underwhelmed by these models.

My own reaction could not be more the opposite, and I love this guy in particular possibly more than anything else in the new range that's been previewed so far.  Officially anyway, that one casterish looking model from the leak that hasn't been previewed yet, the one sculpted in the process of assembling a new ossiarch body, I maybe like a bit more.  But this guy's still right up my alley - caster looking guy, spirit manipulation, big fancy hat, weird bone construct chair, yeah that all works for me.

The rear view of the model - with the random teeth & dangling fingers, I don't like as much.

but regardless, taste is subjective, so I'm not saying you're wrong to dislike it.

 

Hopefully we'll get some rule previews soon, though.  That's what I'm most eager for.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The character himself looks good, but just as I feared I dislike the walking chair a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He can poop at the same time he leads the attack!

Greetings

PD: I dislike a lot this miniature. Very awful in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ACBelMutie said:

He can poop at the same time he leads the attack!

Greetings

PD: I dislike a lot this miniature. Very awful in my opinion.

Yep my thoughts too.

Tho should add my eldest son loves the range and has asked if the Bonereaper Start Collecting set will be available for Christmas.

So yep, I reckon this might be a marmite thing.

Edited by Mcthew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... my super interesting opinion. I am not a fan, but still, I like the WTF concept behind it. Moreover, if feasible, I could picture myself building it without its throne, floating in the air, and using the throne as a Death balewind vortex

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I generally like them all. I do however look forward to seeing different paint schemes for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

So... my super interesting opinion. I am not a fan, but still, I like the WTF concept behind it. Moreover, if feasible, I could picture myself building it without its throne, floating in the air, and using the throne as a Death balewind vortex

Using him without his chair is definitely an interesting option that would at least save this model for me. At this point not enough to make me start this army though as there's still too much about the other models I don't like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to share an image of the entire model range i've stitched together.

Base sizes are just my own personal guesses for the most part, so if you dislike my guesses, please ignore them.

Hope you enjoy and get a good overview of the entire unit range of the army (of what we know).

I know people don't like the mortek guard being on a 25mm base, but this was confirmed at the Nova Open as they were on display.

OssiarchBonereapersArmy.png

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I regret about not wanting to start this army after all is that I won't  be able to use the Harvester and Katakros. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sandor said:

I know people don't like the mortek guard being on a 25mm base, but this was confirmed at the Nova Open as they were on display.

But the pictures from NOVA look like 32s. No way they are smaller than skeleton warriors to have so much room on 25mm bases. Where did this come from?

69641577_391657101545697_5605544903875493888_n.jpg.ea644fcdd00b5d03c22327a3a67f8002.jpg

99120207037_StartCollectingSkeletonHorde05.jpg

Edited by Tronhammer NZ
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the crazy wizard-monk in walking bone chair. It is over the top in all the right ways for me with a blend of classic and original. My favorite model release of the year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Tronhammer NZ said:

But the pictures from NOVA look like 32s. No way they are smaller than skeleton warriors to have so much room on 25mm bases. Where did this come from?

69641577_391657101545697_5605544903875493888_n.jpg.ea644fcdd00b5d03c22327a3a67f8002.jpg

99120207037_StartCollectingSkeletonHorde05.jpg

Many who has been at the Nova Open and seen them in person and some who has talked with the GW staff and asked to verify. Not saying you’re wrong for not wanting them to be 25mm, since i wished for them to be 32mm, but all the evidence point to 25mm. Also they are exactly half the size of the necropolis stalkers, which are 50mm.

5BB2056A-7DA1-4A98-BA92-6BA7A40EABB3.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the thing throwing people off is just how detailed the sculpts are for 25mm bases. They’re impressive for that size, but it’s pretty much confirmed they’re on 25s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Neinball said:

I think the thing throwing people off is just how detailed the sculpts are for 25mm bases. They’re impressive for that size, but it’s pretty much confirmed they’re on 25s

Exactly this. They are way more detailed than the counterpart skeleton warriors, which makes these look bigger than they actually are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's how big they are compared to the normal skeletons. They are quite chunky for being the same size, which means if they are 25s they would be scaled down! 

I don't want 32s at all. 25s are way more useful. 

Accounts from NOVA is one thing, but if GW have verified that's great. Just wondering where that's been mentioned.

Edited by Tronhammer NZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tronhammer NZ said:

It's how big they are compared to the normal skeletons. They are quite chunky for being the same size, which means if they are 25s they would be scaled down! 

I don't want 32s at all. 25s are way more useful. 

Accounts from NOVA is one thing, but if GW have verified that's great. Just wondering where that's been mentioned.

They seem scaled down, because of the detail level. But old skeletons are just so low on details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, pseudonyme said:

So... my super interesting opinion. I am not a fan, but still, I like the WTF concept behind it. Moreover, if feasible, I could picture myself building it without its throne, floating in the air, and using the throne as a Death balewind vortex

Someone recently suggested to me having him carried aloft on Spirit Hosts. Could make for an interesting conversion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...