AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

Hello Guys,

i am a starting bonereaper player and am going up against a lumineth (ymetrica army) having read the abillity’s i thought about the following list. 

Petrifex Elite
Leaders:

Mortisan Soulmason (General)

- Command trait: Mighty Archaeossian

- Artefact: Godbone Armor

- Spell: Reinforce battleshield

Liege Kavalos

- Artefact: Helm of the ordained

Liege Kavalos

Battelines

Mortek guard 20x

Mortek guard 10x 

Mortek guard 10x

Other

Morghast Harbingers 4x

Necropolis Stalkers 3x

Necropolis Stalkers 3x

Battalions

Katakrosian Deathglaive

Mortek Shield Corps

The idea is to have the option to get de Morghast Harbingers and Necropolis stalkers  to -3 rend. I believe then the Ymetrica ability just goes poooof. Since it states replacing -1 and -2 rend with -‘. The second Thing i thought about was getting in their face in turn 1, hence the Battalions. Third improving their combat stats as much as possible. +1 attack, rerolling 1 to hit, plus 1 hit, +1 -1 rend. Let me just say i want to take down the big mop moo  man in turn 1. 

Just 2 questions, 

1. Does helm of Ordained stack? And can different heros get the same named Artefact with Battalion rules.

2. What do you think about above.

On 10/27/2020 at 9:38 PM, Arhees said:

Hello Guys,

i am a starting bonereaper player and am going up against a lumineth (ymetrica army) having read the abillity’s i thought about the following list. 

Petrifex Elite
Leaders:

Mortisan Soulmason (General)

- Command trait: Mighty Archaeossian

- Artefact: Godbone Armor

- Spell: Reinforce battleshield

Liege Kavalos

Liege Kavalos

Battelines

Mortek guard 20x

Mortek guard 10x 

Mortek guard 10x

Other

Morghast Harbingers 4x

Necropolis Stalkers 3x

Necropolis Stalkers 3x

Battalions

Katakrosian Deathglaive

Mortek Shield Corps

The idea is to have the option to get de Morghast Harbingers and Necropolis stalkers  to -3 rend. I believe then the Ymetrica ability just goes poooof. Since it states replacing -1 and -2 rend with -‘. The second Thing i thought about was getting in their face in turn 1, hence the Battalions. Third improving their combat stats as much as possible. +1 attack, rerolling 1 to hit, plus 1 hit, +1 -1 rend. Let me just say i want to take down the big mop moo  man in turn 1. 

Just 2 questions, 

1. Does helm of Ordained stack? And can different heros get the same named Artefact with Battalion rules.

2. What do you think about above.

1) Unfortunately, you cannot choose the same artifact more than once in Matched Play. 

2) I don't think two lieges are personally worth it IMO because a lot of their value is built into their Endless Duty ability which becomes a little redundant having two, unless you really think you would gain benefit from having two separate bubbles in which to target friendly units with. 

I think you're a little light on models, I think more Mortek in particular are good especially if you're investing in Shield Corps. You have some really hard hit hitting units but not a lot of staying power on objectives, so your gonna probably have a hard time against armies with a lot of ranged firepower.

Edited by Sooper88

Rules question - Does Godbone Armour have any effect on mortal wounds?

I know that most effects would specify if it cares for mortal wounds or otherwise but this does seem a bit unusual of an item so I'm not sure if ignoring the first would allocated to it counts mortals as well.

bonetithe shrieker is pretty good, but beyond that I'm not sure you're going to get much work out of endless spells.  Unless you're running Arkhan, which you probably shouldn't be in a katakros list, you don't really have the kinds of big bonus to reliably force important expensive endless spells through.  If you have leftover points and either don't want or already have the shrieker, I'd be more inclined to just leave the gap and hope it nets you a triumph.

Well the list is this:

Katakros

Boneshaper w/ Artisan's Key

2x 20 Guard w/ Swords

5x Riders

3x Immortis Guard

3x Stalkers

1x Harvester

That's 1890p and sadly no OBR unit is under 100p so unless I want to go in a 2000p game with a 110p gap I have to include some endless spells.

The Shrieker is also useless since Katakros already gives my units +1 to-hit.

1 hour ago, marke said:

So. If I want to play this stupid faction, what do I need to buy to make my opponents want to quit the game? 2k list please.

Eh I think you might be approaching the game/army wrong if you mean that sincerely. 

Suffice to say Ossiarchs lost their +1 save army option which was a good thing as that was a very broken function on an army which already has pretty good saves to begin with. Ossiarchs basically are a powerful army, but only work well if you control them correctly with a clear game plan. They can often win in combat, but its by attrition of being very hard to kill off. Which means if you bank purely on combat you might run out of turns before you win via combat- especially if your opponent has learned how to "tarpit" effectively. Ergo by bringing more units than you and throwing cheap ones at you which take you a long time to kill off. 

Instead you might find you have to go for objectives and play toward them to ensure that you do win the game rather than run out of turns. 

If you just want a power-army for that sake alone I think Slaanesh is currently doing well with Keepers of Secrets summoning more keepers during games. 

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Eh I think you might be approaching the game/army wrong if you mean that sincerely. 

Anyone else have any overpowered lists? Thanks for the Slaanesh tip, they are very interesting as well, but buying units for summoning is probably the stupidest thing I've faced during my 20+ years of playing a huge variety of miniature wargames both competitively and casually.

21 hours ago, marke said:

Anyone else have any overpowered lists? Thanks for the Slaanesh tip, they are very interesting as well, but buying units for summoning is probably the stupidest thing I've faced during my 20+ years of playing a huge variety of miniature wargames both competitively and casually.

KO, Seraphon and Tzeentch are the best performing armies right now. Both Slaanesh and OBR used to be OP but dropped down to mid tier, partly due to nerfs and partly due to inherent weakness to shooting (all 3 top factions are shooting heavy). 

I would however strongly recommend not buying whatever is top tier just for the sake of playing something OP. New rules, new armies and regular updates usually means that no-one stays on top for longer than 4-6 months before they fall from grace. Chasing the flavour of the month is a good way to get angry and disappointed.

Edited by umpac
  • Like 1

Hello guys glad to find you. I am new with an OBR army and i have a list build fan to play mostly that i would like to hear your thoughts. 

Legion:Stallarch Lords

General

Liege-Kavalos (Nadir-bound Mount /Twisted Challenge) 

Mortisan Boneshaper (Nadirite weapons) 

Mortisan Boneshaper (Drain Vitality)

Mortisan Soulmason (Arcane Command, Gothizzar Cartouche) 

Battleline

5*Kavalos Deathriders(Nadirite Spears) 

20*Mortek Guards(Nadirite Blades, 2*Soulcleaver Greatblades)

Battalion:Katakrosian Deathglaive

2*Morghast Harbingers(Spirit Halberd) 

3*Necropolis Stalkers

3*Necropolis Stalkers

Endless Spells 

Bone-Tithe Shrieker

Nightmare Predator

2000/2000 points

8 hours ago, dikakos said:

Hello guys glad to find you. I am new with an OBR army and i have a list build fan to play mostly that i would like to hear your thoughts. 

Legion:Stallarch Lords

General

Liege-Kavalos (Nadir-bound Mount /Twisted Challenge) 

Mortisan Boneshaper (Nadirite weapons) 

Mortisan Boneshaper (Drain Vitality)

Mortisan Soulmason (Arcane Command, Gothizzar Cartouche) 

Battleline

5*Kavalos Deathriders(Nadirite Spears) 

Battalion:Katakrosian Deathglaive

2*Morghast Harbingers(Spirit Halberd) 

3*Necropolis Stalkers

3*Necropolis Stalkers

Endless Spells 

Bone-Tithe Shrieker

Nightmare Predator

2000/2000 points

Its very similar to a list that I want to run at some point. It's basically the same but replace one Boneshaper and the Soulmason with Arkhan and the Deathriders for another 10 Mortek. Seems like it will be a fun list. If you ever get to pick the realm you fight in, be sure to always pick Ghur because the realm spell is perfect for Stalliarch Lords. 

Have you tried your list our yet?

P.s. Just in case you didn't know already, you don't have to give the Liege Kavalos the first artefact and can instead give an artefact to the Boneshaper (as the wording says "the first Liege to get an artefact..."). 

Edited by Heijoshin

4 hours ago, Heijoshin said:

Its very similar to a list that I want to run at some point. It's basically the same but replace one Boneshaper and the Soulmason with Arkhan and the Deathriders for another 10 Mortek. Seems like it will be a fun list. If you ever get to pick the realm you fight in, be sure to always pick Ghur because the realm spell is perfect for Stalliarch Lords. 

Have you tried your list our yet?

P.s. Just in case you didn't know already, you don't have to give the Liege Kavalos the first artefact and can instead give an artefact to the Boneshaper (as the wording says "the first Liege to get an artefact..."). 

Thank you very much.I will try your list changes too.

I've run a version of that list a few times. I only used one Boneshaper, which allowed me to swap the Endless spells for a Crawler.

The problem with the list is that the Deathglaive is super fast and can get into your opponent T1 but it's less effective if the opponent has screens.  The Crawler gives you a chance to clear the screen first.

14 hours ago, CorvoMaltes said:

Do you guys thnik we´ll get a start collecting next month? I was thinking on buying some stuff since we didn´t get a battleforce..

Considering for 40k GW are replacing Start Collecting with Combat Patrol boxes I wouldn't count on any new Start Collectings.

Hello Guys, just had a two games (1 yesterday  (Thursday) against Lumineth and the other on Wednesday against  Idoneth. 
I used both times the following list and i won both times relatively easy. Lumineth was over end of round 4, Idoneth was over end of round 3. To be honest against Idoneth, i forgot what his list was exactly, so i will only put up a summary from the battle against Lumineth. 
My Army:
LEGION: Mortis Praetorians
LEADERS/HEROS
1x Katakros, Mortarch of the Necropolis (500)
- General 
1x Arkhan the Black (360)
1x Arch Kavalos Zandtos (220)
BATTLELINE
15x Kavalos Deathriders (480)
5x Kavalos Deathriders (180)
20x Mortek Guard (260)
TOTAL: 2000 points.
RDP: generating 7 each round (heros) and then additional ones when you roll sixes. (and maybe more when you use the spell). 

Against Lumineth, I think his list was something like this:
GREAT NATION: Zaitrec
LEADERS/HEROS
1x Archmage Teclis and Celennar, Spirit of Hysh (660)
1x Light of Eltharion (220)
1x Scinari Cathallar (140)
- General with trait and artefact. 
BATTLELINE/OTHERS (because everything is almost conditional battleline)
10x Auralan Wardens (120)
10 x Auralan Wardens (120)
5x  Auralan Dawnriders (130)
10x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140) 
10x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140) 
10x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140) 
ENDLESS SPELL: Umbral Spellportal (70)
BATTALION: Alarith Temple (120)
TOTAL: 2000 points.
CP: 1

With this i had a two things in mind,
1. Positioning my heros good enough so they cant be targeted by all ranged (shooting) and all spells. 
2. Give him enough to shoot at, but divided across al my units. Like 1 unit within range of unit 1 archers and out of reach (mostly) of the other archers.

The idea behind my planning and positioning, everything he killed, comes back when it is my turn (btw... i lost every priority roll...). 

Battleplan was Total Conquest.
Both sides can use a quarter of the board for deployment, 4 objectives in every quarter. Every objective is 1 point. If a leader is within 6, its worth a additional point. I you claim a objective from the opponent you get a additional point. Btw claiming a objective away from your opponent, we didn't used it because 'what is claiming'. Is it standing there with more models then the other army? If there is a leader from you're opponent but you don't have a leader within 6, does the leader claim it. If anybody has an answer for this, please let me know!

Okay here it goes.
My friend had the first turn and just stood still, because he didn't want to break his shining company and his bubbles. He also didn't used the Dawnriders to get to an extra objective (that was a wrong move i think) and so he shot and casted spells, did a lot of damage but only scored 2 points (leader near a objective is 1 point extra). 

In my turn i healed almost everything back up to normal strength. I still missed about 2 horses in my 15 horse cavalry. Casted some spells, he auto dispelled my curse of years, teleportation spell went off and the other got dispelled too. I grabbed a objective with my liege and 5 Deathriders, then the other with Arkhan while marching my other Deathriders with him (they were falling a little back). I scored 6 points (3 leaders near 3 objectives). I eventually chose not to charge at all. 

Then i lost initiative again. This round he moved up a bit, he wanted to charge Eltharion to Arkhan  (who was a bit further ahead of the rest) and he needed to put pressure on the other objective, so he charged with de dawn riders against my 5 Deathriders (hoping he could snipe them all away before he needed to actually fight them, because i said they don't stand a chance). This time i dispelled his best spells with Arkhan and also his shooting was a lot less destructive. So i lost 1 Deathrider in the 15 man (now 12man) group. And i lost 1 in the 5 man group. The epic thing was, he shot at Arkhan (who had the teleportation spell) so i teleported him away from Eltharion (out of charge reach) and then he was kind of sad. So he charged my (now 12) man cavalry (maybe also not so smart). So 2 battles took place. He killed nothing with his dawn riders, he killed 2 horses with Eltharion (now 10man). I could only attack Eltharion with 6 horses, and they just could not get trough his saves (did 3 wounds, he also had mystic shield). The battle against the Dawnriders went better and i killed 4. 

In my turn i did nothing really, healed back up. (15 man horses was now at 11, 5 man horse back to 5) Tried to position everything better. Tried to cast spells but all failed. Did a mortal wound with my scenery on Eltharion and in both battles i killed off the dawn riders and Eltharion. In the end i scored 6 points again (now at 12 vs 4). 

Next round, i lost initiative again >.> .... because he was so far behind he needed to put pressure on everything. It was a bit like round 1 getting almost all spells off and killing a lot of horses with shooting. In the past round I healed my 5 man squad back to 5, but now they went down to 3, my liege also died. So i stood there with 3 horses on 1 objective. My Mortek guard were still behind but also lost 6 of them. My now 11 man horse squad went to 9. Katakros took damage and also Arkhan took some damage. He went ahead with Teclis to my 3 Deathriders but thankfully he failed the charge (rolled 6, needed 7). He was also marching with every unit more to the front lines but didn't want to charge yet because he would lose shining company. He did a lot, but only scored 2 points again, bringing him to 6 (12vs6). 

In My round i tried to heal everything up a bit, my 3 horse squad was to far away now to heal anything in it (moved Katakros to far back afraid of his shooting in the past round). Mortek Guard got restored to full, Arkhan healed him self, Katakros healed him self, and my 9 horse squad went back to 10. Of all the spells i cast only 1 was successful and that was reinforce Battleshield on the Mortek guard. Gave -1 to hit on Teclis from Katakros and also the scenery went off, giving Teclis another -1 to hit, totaling -2 to hit. I gave my Mortek Guard plus 3 movement (did that almost every round) and now they were finally at the objective near Teclis, 3 inch away. I charged off cours with my 3 Deathriders and the Mortek Guard, popped Shield Wall for the Mortek Guard and eventually together they did 13 wounds! on Teclis. Teclis killed 3 Mortek guard in return. Now i scored 4 points and the game was pretty much over. (16vs6).

Lost initiative again.... (hexed dice). I must say at this time i was pretty content with this, because nobody had double turns. Just seemed fair. 
He casted some spells, killed 5 Mortek guard, 1 horse in the 3 man squad and 2 horses in the 10 man squad. Het got that spell off on Arkhan that they can reroll shooting... and basically he killed Arkhan also off with his shooting because he moved every archer in range (but, important, he needed all 30 archers for that!). He retreated Teclis back to were he first began and put his Scinari to the frontlines (basically switching the leaders to get the objective). Then he charged with Scinari to gain ground near the objective, also his (10) wardens were now close enough and also charged to my Mortek guard. In the combat phase he did nothing really, killing 3 Mortek guard. I killed off 7 wardens in retaliation. To be honest we were at a blank at this moment, i am a very new player, playing now (seriously) for a couple of months. But we didn't really know what to do with the objective, i had more models within 6 inch now. But he had a leader within 6 inch it. Because we didn't know what the outcome was we chose the objective as being 'contended' and nobody would get points for it. He scored again 2 points, he knew i would score a minimal of 3, so it was 19 vs 8 and we ended the game. 

Was a lot of fun, against Lumineth positioning is really important i think. 

What are your thoughts about this list/set-up? I am thinking about switching Arch Kavalos Zandtos for the normal Liege and adding a Endless spell (like Soulstealer Carrion to put on Arkhan).