AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

It probably wouldn't be too difficult to convert, though you'll need some greenstuff to fill gaps, and you'd likely need to pin some wire from the legs through the hooves into the base, as othewise those are some pretty tiny joins to be supporting the model.

If you're greenstuffing anyway, you might try just shaving down the knuckles a bit and sculpting some hooves around the feet.

Hi! Curious to know if anyone tested this list or something similiar? Would love some feedback/comments! 

Allegiance: Ossiarch Bonereapers
- Legion: Petrifex Elite
Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament (360)
Liege-Kavalos (200)
Mortisan Soulmason (140)
30 x Mortek Guard (390)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
10 x Mortek Guard (130)
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (180)
6 x Necropolis Stalkers (400)
Gothizzar Harvester (200)

Total: 2000 

Basic tactic: 

10 guard stay back/screen. 30 MG + harvester move up as a solid block. DR runs up and grabs objectives or runs around and threaten enemy objectives. The 6 stalkers moves up and kills stuff. 

On 2/26/2020 at 9:56 PM, Kimbo said:

Hi! Curious to know if anyone tested this list or something similiar? Would love some feedback/comments! 

Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament (360)
Liege-Kavalos (200)
Mortisan Soulmason (140)
30 x Mortek Guard (390)
10 x Mortek Guard (130)
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (180)
6 x Necropolis Stalkers (400)

Total: 2000 

Basic tactic: 

10 guard stay back/screen. 30 MG + harvester move up as a solid block. DR runs up and grabs objectives or runs around and threaten enemy objectives. The 6 stalkers moves up and kills stuff. 

My list was centred around 30 Mortek and Arkhan too, so I have sone experience with this concept. 

Your MVP will be Arkhan, teleporting via Protection of Nagash grabbing unguarded backline objectives while shutting the majority of the enemy magic down. 

What do we think about double battalions in Bonereapers? 

Liege-Kavalos (200)
- General
- Command Trait: Mighty Archaeossian
- Artefact: Helm of the Ordained
Mortisan Boneshaper (130)
- Artefact: Lode of Saturation
- Lore of Mortisans: Empower Nadirite Weapons
Mortisan Soulmason (140)
- Artefact: Godbone Armour
- Lore of Mortisans: Arcane Command
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
10 x Mortek Guard (130)
10 x Mortek Guard (130)
2 x Morghast Harbingers (210)
- Spirit Swords
3 x Necropolis Stalkers (200)
3 x Necropolis Stalkers (200)
Katakrosian Deathglaive (80)
Mortek Shield-corps (120)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 103

Some of my favorite models, lots of threat range, a big tanky Mortek blob, all of our favorite artifacts, and lots of RDP to play with.

17 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Short question: Where can the Bonetithe Nexus actually be placed? Somewhere on the Board, 3" away from Terrain, or actually only within OBR Territory?

It's deployed first. So you kind of just smack it in the middle of the table.

I'm thinking about trying a "fast" list. Usually I just run melee dudespam.

Has anyone tried out the Katacrossian Deathglaive? With or without getting run and charge from a non-Petrifex subfaction? Maybe with Deathriders as well.

How did it go?

Just something I'm thinking about while I stare at a machine at work 

22 hours ago, Obeisance said:

Has anyone tried out the Katacrossian Deathglaive? With or without getting run and charge from a non-Petrifex subfaction? Maybe with Deathriders as well.

How did it go?

I believe at cancon this list places top 5 still petrifex because ya know. 

Nagash

Liege kavalos

5 dr

5dr

15 dr

Bone tithe shrieker

emerald lifeswarm.

i personally quite like a revised version of this list

nagash

kavalos

10 dr

5 dr

10 mortek

kavalos lance

Bone tithe

spell poetal

30 points for activities like a palisade or whatever you want

22 hours ago, Obeisance said:

How did it go?

There was also this top 5 placing but a small tournament. Still petrifex because its p strong

liege kavalos

boneshaper

soulmason

20 mortek

10 mortek

10 mortek

Harvester

Shield corps

death glaive

2x harbingers with glaive

2x3 stalkers

Hi, I have a question about rules.

Crawlers have a 6" minimal range.  Deepkin have an ability that I must target the closest unit.  If that unit is within the 6", like 5.99", since i can't target anything within 6", what happen?  My guess is that i must target the closest targetable unit.  Why would i try to target someone that i can't target?

Any faq about that?

24 minutes ago, Patriarch said:

Crawlers have a 6" minimal range.  Deepkin have an ability that I must target the closest unit.  If that unit is within the 6", like 5.99", since i can't target anything within 6", what happen?  My guess is that i must target the closest targetable unit.  Why would i try to target someone that i can't target?

Any faq about that?

Ability reads:

"Missile weapons can only be used to target an IDONETH DEEPKIN unit with this battle trait if it is the closest visible enemy unit."

The only conditions are closest and visible. So the crawlers are shafted imo

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Patriarch said:

Any faq about that?

There is one flaw to your scenario, in the shooting rules if a unit has a minimum range, the unit must be wholly within the 6" of the crawler. so if it is then no you can't shoot that unit, but if like in your scenario it is just clipping the edge of 6" then you're fine to shoot at it still as the unit is not wholly within 6". 

Just wanted to point that out. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2020 at 6:34 AM, alterdeqip said:

Hi all, any thoughts how to deal with Tzeench changehost on flamers?  2 drops so he can dictate whos going first and mass shooting from flamers. I just got nothing on the board at the beginning of 3rd turn :) 

I'm also pretty curious about this, one of my local players is going to be picking up Tzeentch and has already mentioned running changehost

While waiting on the experts, my highly uninformed advice would be to give up on magic unless you're running nagash.  Arkhan is too vulnerable to tzeentch shooting, our other casters lack the casting bonuses to push spells past tzeentch's arcane dominance.  Focus instead on relentless discipline buffs and other bonuses that the other side can't just unbind.  Basically liege & shaper > mason & reaper.

Beyond that, be sure to take enough skeletons to weather enemy shooting, & strongly consider one or more harvesters, as they can mitigate damag from shooting & spells regardless of rend, mortals, etc.

Again, though, that's just surface level thoughts without any actual experience to back it up.