AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

Yeah, I was going to run Katacross in Mortis, but it means painting him. I'm currently ****** deep in Raven Guard and I have a team tournament next month.

This is the list I played last time and really liked.. but I'd have to paint Katacross, 5 Deathriders and a Crawler. I guess I could put something else in instead of the Deathriders, but.. fast mobile unit is good.

list2.png

They're very fragile post petrifex nerf, and while their offense is decent and ability to charge over terrain quite useful, yeah, I just personally don't see the points for them after covering your necessary battle line and heroes.  Maybe in a non-katakros list with no crawlers, but I really think at least one or the other kind of needs to be there, though not necessarily both, since, again, points.

On 8/13/2020 at 8:42 PM, Neffelo said:

What do people think of Stalkers now that they had their points lowered? 

Great monster hunters. Need to do damage to something that has a 2+ save? Equip the Dread Falchions, use precision stance and spend a point on Bludgeon for -4 rend, 3 damage on 4s and 3s. Use a buff to get your to Hit down to 3+ and you'll shred some monster butt. 

I use two units of 3 to flank and or hunt monsters/heroes.

Edited by KK9T

I played a 4kVs4k match yesterday between Slaanesh and Ossiarch Bonereapers. We played with what we had (I only proxed 15 Black Knights as Deathriders). The lists were the following ones:

Hedonitas de Slaanesh

• 1x Syll'Esske - General
  • 1x Shalaxy Helbane
  • 2x Keeper of Secrets
  • 5x Infernal Enrapturess
  • 1x Bladebringer on Exalted Chariot
  • 1x Contorted Epitome
  • 1x30 Daemonetes
  • 1x20 Daemonetes
  • 1x6 Fiends
  • 2x5 Seekers
  • 1x20 Chaos Warriors
  • 1x5x Chaos Knights
  • 1 Extra Command Point

Ossiarch Bonereapers

• 1x Katakros - General
  • 1x Arch-Kavalos Zandtos
  • 1x Liege-Kavalos
  • 1x Mortisan Soulmanson
  • 2x Mortisan Boneshapper
  • 1x Gothizzar Harvester
  • 1x Mortek Crawler
  • 1x6 Necropolis Stalkers
  • 2x10 Kavalos Deathriders
  • 1x40 Mortek Guards
  • 2x20 Mortek Guards
  • 2 Batalions

3o8wD0c.jpg

I used to have between 14-20 command points per turn and Katakros negated my opponent 1 CP every turn, very nice against Slaanesh. Zandtos was very valuable letting my units to repeat all to wound in addition of the +1 to save and +1 to hit from Katakros.

Finaly Slaanesh managed to kill 1340 points and Ossiarch 3090 + 980 (summoned). It's clear that OB are good against melee armies with low MW output.

Greetings

Edited by ACBelMutie
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Btimmy said:

I believe people have done the math and found that the Dread Falchions are a trap in every possible scenario. Or at least they are statistically worse than the normal weapons. 

With no buffs, sure I'll buy that. Perhaps they just don't know how to use them. They exist for a reason. 

On 8/19/2020 at 2:27 PM, Obeisance said:

How are you finding 15 Kavalos?

I won the tournament.

We were playing a competitive tournament of our team... I faced Big Waagh!, Legion of the First Prince and Kharadron.

I will make 3 reports+analysis during this week!

On 8/21/2020 at 9:44 PM, Aeryenn said:

What base is Soulmason? I lost it and need to replace.

If i can remember 40mm but is on the GW Webpage.

• Thanks 1

Sup y'all, prospective OBR player, and I was wondering how dumb of a list this would be. The overall goal: Gottareapfast. This army is entirely focused on closing in super quick with the blob of Mortek, and then using the Stalkers to help pin the enemy in and finish them off. It's very hyper aggro, and while it lacks the pure killing and defensive power of other armies, it makes up for it with raw SPEED.

With relentless advance and Cogs, the humble Mortek is zooming at 10"+1d6".

Allegiance: Ossiarch Bonereapers
- Legion: Stalliarch Lords

Leaders
Liege-Kavalos (200)
- General
- Command Trait: Twisted Challenge
- Artefact: Nadir-bound Mount
Mortisan Boneshaper (130)
- Artefact: Lode of Saturation
- Lore of Mortisans: Protection of Nagash

Battleline
40 x Mortek Guard (440)
- Nadirite Spear and Shield
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (180)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (180)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield

Units
2 x Morghast Harbingers (190)
- Spirit Swords
3 x Necropolis Stalkers (180)
3 x Necropolis Stalkers (180)

Behemoths
Gothizzar Harvester (200)

Battalions
Katakrosian Deathglaive (80)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Bone-tithe Shrieker (30)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 128

14 minutes ago, Undeadly said:

Sup y'all, prospective OBR player, and I was wondering how dumb of a list this would be. The overall goal: Gottareapfast. This army is entirely focused on closing in super quick with the blob of Mortek, and then using the Stalkers to help pin the enemy in and finish them off. It's very hyper aggro, and while it lacks the pure killing and defensive power of other armies, it makes up for it with raw SPEED.

With relentless advance and Cogs, the humble Mortek is zooming at 10"+1d6".

IMO, you lack the tools to deal with a lot of the more competitive lists. Having less shooting and less magic than other armies is going to leave you wanting for more in several phases of the game. 

Its focus is there, but id just be concerned your cavalry would get sniped out while they're alone, and you don't have the tools to keep them healthy doing their job 

33 minutes ago, jeremym said:

IMO, you lack the tools to deal with a lot of the more competitive lists. Having less shooting and less magic than other armies is going to leave you wanting for more in several phases of the game. 

Its focus is there, but id just be concerned your cavalry would get sniped out while they're alone, and you don't have the tools to keep them healthy doing their job 

The job of the Calvary is to present a threat that can't be ignored, but at the same time, distracts from the threat of the Stalkers coming behind them. Or, Vice versa, to strike while the enemy deals with the Stalkers. And unless they can simply delete me in a round of combat or shooting, there's not exactly they can do to prevent me from surging up the board with my army. The Stalkers themselves are going to be moving at a top  speed of 17+1d6", which can be scary enough,

Either way, this list is a long way off either way; All I have right now is the Liege Kavalos and Battletome, so this is just a possible list. But the key factor is that every thing in that list will be going that fast.

On 8/23/2020 at 9:05 PM, Obeisance said:

Congratulations on the win!

Thank you!!

Here is the battle report (and the analysis, from the middle of the video) of the first battle of the tournament agg. the Big Waagh! of my friend Yoshu/Adrián. He´s a very good player from my team (not ETC, local team), so I hope you like it.

During the following days I will upload the video for the 2nd round and the final:

Hello. I play in a semi-competitive local club and time to time we do some tournament aswell. I know Petrifex has been nerfed to the ground but what do u guys think about that 2k list?

Petrifex Elite
Arkhan
Liege Kavalos  General - Helm of the ordained
Soulmason Godbone Armour - Arcane Command

Mortek x 20
Mortek x 10
Mortek x 10

Aegis Immortal Battallion

Immortis x 3
Immortis x 3
Morghast x 2 

Geminids - Pendulum - Prismatic Palisade / Predator