AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

5 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

So for Necropolis Stalkers is it better to just go all Spirit Blades? I assume so because it seems way better with the damage aspect.

It is better. But I'll personaly will build Falcions as well. For the looks and extra rend.

• Like 1

My take on Stalliarch Lords made out of boredom:

Allegiance: Ossiarch Bonereapers
- Legion: Stalliarch Lords

Leaders
Arch-Kavalos Zandtos (220)
Mortisan Soulmason (140)
- Artefact: Soul Reservoir
- Lore of Mortisans: Empower Nadirite Weapons
Mortisan Boneshaper (130)
- Artefact: Lode of Saturation
- Lore of Mortisans: Arcane Command
Mortisan Soulreaper (120)
- General
- Trait: Twisted Challenge
- Lore of Mortisans: Protection of Nagash

Battleline
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (180)

Units
3 x Necropolis Stalkers (200)
3 x Necropolis Stalkers (200)
2 x Morghast Harbingers (210)
- Spirit Halberds

Battalions
Katakrosian Deathglaive (80)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 113

The idea is to game the battletome and have 2 vanilla artefacts as well as +1 attack CA and I thought that run and charge would stack well with killy constructs battalion, so between pre game move, Lords' passive, +3" CA and re-roll run and charge rolls from Stalkers we are looking at 1st turn charges which at the very least will make opponent set up conservatively and allow us to surge for objectives.

Soulreaper is there to fill up the points.

36 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

So for Necropolis Stalkers is it better to just go all Spirit Blades? I assume so because it seems way better with the damage aspect.

Yes. Sadly there is no in-game reason to take the big swords.

Rule of Cool? Now that's another matter entirely.

Hey guys, I recently finished my nexus and I'm currently doing the last strokes on a 20 piece blob of Spearmen. I'm already afraid that the next squad of 20 is going to break me a bit. Attached is a crummy cellphone pic of how they'll look like. 

Did anyone manage to make the Kavalos Deathrider work yet? I mostly see them in squads of 5 but upon reading the battletome for the first time, their big formation looked really good on paper. The 15 model unit would average out on 5 mortal wounds per charge and with the battalion they could keep doing it. Initially I thought this would be really awesome, but the point investment is massive. My plan is to run them in a 15/5/Arch-Kavavlos formation under Preatorians. 

nexus.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20191221110720909_COVER.jpg

• Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 1

22 minutes ago, ChrisNoAnts said:

Hey guys, I recently finished my nexus and I'm currently doing the last strokes on a 20 piece blob of Spearmen. I'm already afraid that the next squad of 20 is going to break me a bit. Attached is a crummy cellphone pic of how they'll look like. 

Did anyone manage to make the Kavalos Deathrider work yet? I mostly see them in squads of 5 but upon reading the battletome for the first time, their big formation looked really good on paper. The 15 model unit would average out on 5 mortal wounds per charge and with the battalion they could keep doing it. Initially I thought this would be really awesome, but the point investment is massive. My plan is to run them in a 15/5/Arch-Kavavlos formation under Preatorians. 

Really nice paintjob!

On the Deathriders - it's pretty dull, you just buff them with everything you can and charge in, retreat next turn and repeat. With extra attack and improved rend they will start dealing some good damage. Their main difference from other Ossiarch units are the speed and ability to cycle-charge with battalion (as well as free mortal wounds from bringing it), both are great and I don't think you will have regrets running mass Deathriders.

Edited by XReN

3 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

I mean tournament lists that play nagash:)

No, i don’t think he can be run competitively then. The issue is he costs so many points but gives you next to nothing in relentless discipline, so you won’t have any points to fuel the rest of your incredible small armies mechanics. If he did something like was able to return a stalker or immortis guard per turn maybe, but as it is arkhan is a better option (500 extra points to spend on stuff that gets more RD) and katakros is worlds better (5 RD! Shenanigans aplenty) at 300 less points

Allegiance: Ossiarch Bonereapers
 - Legion: Petrifex Elite

Liege-Kavalos (200)
- General
- Command Trait : Mighty Archaeossian
- Artefact : Godbone Armour

Mortisan Soulmason (140)
- Artefact : Gothizzar Cartouche
- Lore of Mortisans : Empower Nadirite Weapons

Mortisan Boneshaper (130)
- Lore of Mortisans : Reinforce Battle-shields

20 x Mortek Guard (260)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
- 2 x Soulcleaver Greatblades

20 x Mortek Guard (260)

20 x Mortek Guard (260)

6 x Necropolis Stalkers (400)

Mortek Crawler (200)

Mortek Shield-corps (120)

Bone-tithe Shrieker (30)

TOTAL: 2000/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1 WOUNDS: 113

What do you guys think of this list? I feel it's pretty well rounded. I would start with at least 5 RDP. I took a unit of 6 Stalkers and a Mortek Crawler, getting the best of both worlds (a blender unit in the Stalkers, and the psychological/strategy changing aspect of the Crawler). 3 units of 20 Mortek Guard for Crawler protection and objectives. I've got good buffs in the Mason and Shaper, and a fighty/tanky general in the Liege-Kavalos. I could drop the endless spell and upgrade to Zantos if desired.  I can also swap out the Crawler for the Harvester should the need arise. 

Edited by KK9T

35 minutes ago, Obeisance said:

Sleeper Agent - Only difference is the chestplate and adding a helmet. Weapon choices are identical.

KK9T - I literally just glued them to the back of Magic cards. Only cards I had with a black border.

Ok so I just dont put the helmet part on and use the ribcage plate? Thanks!

On 12/23/2019 at 6:04 AM, Gwendar said:

I've been debating Harbingers myself but I can tell you that running 1x6 Stalkers has been far better than the Crawler for me. Killing 2 CoS Wizards in 1 turn and 15 Darkshards in another with the thing was great and all... but other games I've used it (Ogres, Sylvaneth) it just does nothing and is too easily tied up by any form of fast moving\teleporters.

What kind of list are you working 1X6 stalkers into? Been looking at that same concept and was wondering how to make it work. 

11 minutes ago, Bryan I Guess said:

What kind of list are you working 1X6 stalkers into? Been looking at that same concept and was wondering how to make it work. 

I run 2, the core of both is 3x20 Mortek and both use Shield-Corps. One list has Katakros and a Soulmason while the other replaces Katakros with a Kavalos and 2 Boneshapers.

Both allow me to take 6 Stalkers, have 5-6 RDP before rolls and are 3 and 5 drops respectively. As with nearly all OBR lists, you end up with just enough points for 2-3 of their endless spells.

What does everyone think of Katakros?

discussion about the different legions? I’m struggling to find a situation where Petrifx Elite isn’t the best option, even in an all cavalry army, Stalliarch Lords run and charge is awesome but I still think the +1 save is better? Ivory Host is definitely the worse Legion in my opinion. I should point out that I’ll alway be running Arkhan and/or Katakros as general so I don’t much care about the Legion artefact or command trait

2 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

What does everyone think of Katakros?

discussion about the different legions? I’m struggling to find a situation where Petrifx Elite isn’t the best option, even in an all cavalry army, Stalliarch Lords run and charge is awesome but I still think the +1 save is better? Ivory Host is definitely the worse Legion in my opinion. I should point out that I’ll alway be running Arkhan and/or Katakros as general so I don’t much care about the Legion artefact or command trait

Unfortunately Petrifex Elite is still the best option for a Katakros list (as +1 unconditional save for everything else, is better than +1 from Katakros, and even though he can't get the petrifex elite benefit, he will give himself +1 save from his ability). 

Something to note about Katakros is that he is a buff piece, yes his damage gets better when he is low on wounds, but even at his strongest, he has bad damage for a 500 point model. His strength lies in his plethora of abilities, and in generating 5RDP a round on his own

Personally, I am going to be running him

Edited by NoMaDhOoK

So we know that Petrifex Elite Mortek Guard are absolutely digusting (honestly that is what makes PE so unfun for many people).

What might be better (I might give it a try for casual games) is to lean into the elite part of the name and nerf the petrifex elite ability to

"add +1 to save rolls for units with a wounds characteristic of 3 or more" (so everything except mortek)

No if only there was a way to make stalkers battleline (I can dream) 

Edited by NoMaDhOoK