AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

9 minutes ago, Nubl0 said:

Random thought I just had. Seeing as we can expect this army to be quite popular initially, is the crawler actually any good to take to events straight away. This army seems like one that would be extremely resilient to the catapult if it’s a petrifex army. Hard to snipe the general because of the petrifex trait and the artefact plus the whole army being 3+ or 2+ saves.

Just because many people are excited about them and them generating lots of talk at the moment it doesn't necessarily mean you'll see them on tournaments everywhere. It's a new army people have to buy all the models for and then assemble and paint as well. Also not everyone who talks about them will be starting them as well. And finally there's always a difference between global/forum meta and local meta.

So it remains to be seen how strongly OBR will be represented in the tournament scene and more importantly in the tournament scene relevant to you.

Just now, Nubl0 said:

Agreed however my point in general is that the catapult seems pretty worthless in the mirror match.

Yeah but that doesn't matter if mirror matches are something rare. Especially if it's great in otherwise tough matchups.

Generally though, since I'm not really a tournament player, my advise is to buy models primarily because you likethem  aesthetically or theme/fluff-wise and only secondarily for how strong they are.

Yeah two of each is a bit much but 2-1 or 1-2 is perfectly fine imo. Personally I'm going to get two Harvesters for sure as they are my favourite models of the range which means only one Crawler. If it were not for the Harvesters I'd get two Crawlers for sure though.

My gut is that blundgeons are better, however whilst I've not yet got the kit I believe that the arm options should be pretty easy to magnetize. The arm area itself is pretty chunky so as long as its a nice fitting segment it should be easy and practical to fit magnets for both options. 

5 hours ago, Asamu said:

For the death riders, it needs an FAQ, RAW you can arguably do that, because there's nothing clarifying that you can only use it once.

RAW, you can still only do it once because after you spend a cp to do the mortals, you've no longer just completed a charge

14 minutes ago, TheKingInYellow said:

Has anyone done the math on sickle versus bludgeon on the harvesters?  My gut says the bludgeons are better even against units of 5+ but I'm not a mathematically talented guy.

The +1 hit of the sickle is situational and there are several other sources of this buff in the army, hence I think the bludgeons are better with the mw output

8 minutes ago, TheKingInYellow said:

I thought so too, but the 2MW ends the sequence so you lose 2D at rend -2.

Hard to call it.

I might be confused on this, but wouldn't the 2MW you generated on the 6s just replace the 2D  that die could have possibly generated? Like if you rolled six dice and got a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 you'd still generated three hits and then roll for wounds,  and 2MWs?

Edited by Arcian

10 minutes ago, TheKingInYellow said:

Hard to call it.

You dont have to roll to wound and your opponent doesn't get to make saves against it, which is more of a sure thing th an the -2 rend d2, which could then be blocked by a saving throw, whilst doing the same amount of damage

Edited by Altair554488

13 minutes ago, TheKingInYellow said:

Hard to call it.

It just means that instead of having to roll to wound and the opponent being able to do an armour save at -2 you wound automatically and the opponent can't do any armour save at all. It's not supposed to do additional damage, just make it even harder to prevent the damage.

Edited by Panzer

19 minutes ago, Panzer said:

It just means that instead of having to roll to wound and the opponent being able to do an armour save at -2 you wound automatically and the opponent can't do any armour save at all. It's not supposed to do additional damage, just make it even harder to prevent the damage.

Right but -2 rend is pretty good as well so while you do guarantee the damage with the MW is it better than +1 to hit against units with 5+ models?

That's why I find this choice tricky.  Bludgeons for monsters and heroes and Sickles for hordes I guess.  Given his harvest rule he's more likely to be going after hordes I'd think but no guarantee.

Edited by TheKingInYellow