AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

I'm thinking of something like the Crematorian  scheme. But with ivory bones, maybe the dark grey (or black) trim bones, navy armor (like the mortis armor), and a very icy blue glow instead of the fire. Along with ice weapons. Though i hope that wont be TOO much blue going on haha.

Trying to do something similar to Vasshpit's ethereal look for the glow
https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/9924-ga-death-the-icy-touch-of-death/?page=4

sooo, yeah. The +1 armor armywhise is strong as ****** and i love it. I really hope you can take the big cheese in that army to to get an all around 2+ armor.
What i hope even more though is that soulblight comes out and get some similar rules xD

Edited by Raptor_Jesues
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, relic456 said:

I just assumed it was stallion + the arch suffix

You're probably right, but inside jokes and other bits of humor, especially as shots taken at The Old GW, are not unheard of. If someone there has a bone to pick with their old trade sales boss John, then the write up would be funny, in a way.

"The Stalliarch Lords are cruel and capricious, infamous for the dark deals they strike with cities they wish to raze. They are known for making impossible requests..."

Edited by Sleboda
  • Haha 2

Imagine a blob of mortek guard within Katakros command ability using their shield wall, a blod of guys with 3+ rerollable saves and 2 attacks each with 2+/4+ and being immune to battleshock. Nasty business to remove.

The +1 save faction though is hard to pass up too, even if Katakros got a +1 save bubble as well. Even Morghasts will be a whole lot tougher with 3+ saves.

33 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Their rules are crazy good. I was determined to not get suckered into a new army but damn... GW... you rotters! 

If only GW had put slaves before reapers I'd have been safe. But they didn't!! 

Heck with the slaves rumours and with Christmas getting closer I'm back to eyeing that battleset from last christmas that is still in stock. However its near impossible with reapers coming out. 

• Like 1

The Mortis lose a lot of appeal when you realize that anybody can use Katakros command ability. Yes, it gives an additional +1 save to Mortis but then you realize that if you were playing Petrifex you would already have that on the whole army instead of just on the units within Katakros bubble.

1 hour ago, Arcian said:

I LOVE this! Deliciously neon! I wonder, do you think something like this would look good with say... blue instead of green? :)

I really do love these glowing-insides looks, but I've learned my lesson on them. I plan to get at least 100 of these models, and having painted the weapons of Necrons with a green glow inside the casings, it's just too tedious and time consuming for my tastes.

Bummer though, cuz it looks sweet as heck.

I'll probably use my old purple and green scheme shown here (be kind, they were painted decades ago 🤪).

I might revive the red scheme I used on my third TK army, also shown here.

Dunno.

20191024_155229.jpg

20191024_155200.jpg

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

20191024_155200.jpg

I see your point about it being tedious. I've thought about maybe just doing the eyes. Once i get my hands on them i'll try a test model, see how much of a hate i'll have for it lol. I really dig your red/black tomb king scheme though, I think it'd look very good on the reaper models!

I hated the bonereapers at first, but slowly they have grown on me, seeing the alternative paint schemes was really eye opening to how good they actually can look, I was gonna buy the box for the ogres, now I don't know if I'm buying it for them, bonereapers, or both :P

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Alexonian said:

I was gonna buy the box for the ogres, now I don't know if I'm buying it for them, bonereapers, or both :P

I'm getting two (maybe 3?) Feasts and have no interest in the ogors. I need to find trading partners. Any takers? 😁

1 hour ago, Sception said:

a couple lazy mockups -

artflow_201910242140.png.379f944bbd9737428da543718658e01d.png

Oh wow!!! I really like this look, I was originally going to go with a regular bone color instead of black bones but I also really like this! Thanks a ton for doing the mock-up! 

Do you think regular bone would still look good? 

While I do like those bonereapers subfactions I can't shake off the concern I have for them. +1 save for whole army is ridiculous power. It's so good that no other temple/enclave/stormhost/lodge/etc. Comes even close that bonus and it doesn't appear to have even any drawbacks (and no, bad c. Ability, c. Trait or artefact are not enough for drawbacks for this ability) which is kinda funny when looking at ivory host that sacrifices 1 save for that hit bonus.

Now I'm not screaming overpowered just yet (and there are other good subfactions too, like the spell protection and exploding skeletons) but my concern is this: if gw have not properly playtested this faction with strong subfaction always on (assuming these guys don't have command traits equivalent to army wide save bonus, 'cause you know, that trait would have to be ridiculous) and deemed it balanced without one, then this army is likely the most grossly overtuned army to date. But we'll see when the full book is out with points and all.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, angrycontra said:

While I do like those bonereapers subfactions I can't shake off the concern I have for them. +1 save for whole army is ridiculous power. It's so good that no other temple/enclave/stormhost/lodge/etc. Comes even close that bonus and it doesn't appear to have even any drawbacks (and no, bad c. Ability, c. Trait or artefact are not enough for drawbacks for this ability) which is kinda funny when looking at ivory host that sacrifices 1 save for that hit bonus.

Now I'm not screaming overpowered just yet (and there are other good subfactions too, like the spell protection and exploding skeletons) but my concern is this: if gw have not properly playtested this faction with strong subfaction always on (assuming these guys don't have command traits equivalent to army wide save bonus, 'cause you know, that trait would have to be ridiculous) and deemed it balanced without one, then this army is likely the most grossly overtuned army to date. But we'll see when the full book is out with points and all.

Such good abilities could also mean sky-high point costs