AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

1 minute ago, Austin said:

There is a big long part in the middle about how not buying led to the game going away. So I guess yes I read it differently than you?

That's where context is important. The two parts are related. You can't just read one and ignore the other.

4 hours ago, Austin said:

I don't get this at all.  I like the Bonereapers, for the most part, but this sort of thought is so strange to me.  The "buy the models even if you don't like them" may be one of the least rational parts of the wargame community.

I never said to buy models you don't like, I said that if you don't like them to speak up as to why you don't like them, and say how you think they can be improved. I also asked for people to post photoshops of images if they're able, which does not require buying the models.

3 hours ago, Austin said:

There is a big long part in the middle about how not buying led to the game going away. So I guess yes I read it differently than you?

The part in the middle is how a lack of feedback and lack of awareness on GW's part caused them to assume nobody was interested in the Old World anymore. Nothing in there says to buy something you don't like, it's about saying something at all. If you never say anything then the only thing GW's going to think is that people are no longer interested in the army/game and they're going to scrap it for something else. That's why I'm asking people not to tell others "don't like, don't buy", because that kind of attitude (not listening to their feedback) only harms the game.

Edited by Grdaat
Autocorrect mishap.

Yeah being able to ignore saves is like a 50%+ damage increase, super cool artefact.

To add on, I thought for sure when I first started reading Counter-Strike that it'd let you pick a unit to pile in and fight at the end of the charge phase, moving the activation wars another step earlier in the turn order hahaha.  Thankfully that isn't the case!

Edited by relic456
  • Like 3

Some really good stuff in there, I like how much it appears each of them will change the playstyle of the army depending just on legion. However the petrifex elite stands out with their +1 save, that is incredibly good and always useful.

Katakros command ability is also darn sweet and depending on his other rules and points of course, he sounds hard to pass up on. The stalliarch lords seem really good but depends a lot on the warscrolls of the cavalry obviously, especially if they get some nice charge bonuses, having the option to retreat and charge will be important.

I am not really feeling the null myriad, mostly because the rules for the other legions seems like they would be far more useful in more situations. The crematorians also seem a bit gimmicky, but that is alright I guess and using hordes of mortek guard who explodes on death could really be a problem, depending on the ability to restore them as well from the support heroes.

All in all very happy with what I am seeing and pretty hyped. The color schemes are nice to see as well, although I am very boring and will end up close to the Mortis Praetorians, with a dash of thousand sons inspiration thrown in.

• Like 1

If I was a betting man I'd reckon:

1. Petrifex Elite / Stalliarch Lords
  2. Mortis Praetorians
  3. Null Myriad
  4. Ivory Host
  5. Crematoriums

Of course that's just going off what we currently know! These Bonehost mechanics usually have at least one really good part (artefact, army wide passive, command ability, command trait) and then a few weaker ones.  So they may have not shown the strongest part of the """"weaker"""" hosts.

1 minute ago, relic456 said:

If I was a betting man I'd reckon:

1. Petrifex Elite / Stalliarch Lords
  2. Mortis Praetorians
  3. Null Myriad
  4. Ivory Host
  5. Crematoriums

Of course that's just going off what we currently know! These Bonehost mechanics usually have at least one really good part (artefact, army wide passive, command ability, command trait) and then a few weaker ones.  So they may have not shown the strongest part of the """"weaker"""" hosts.

I'd probably rank the Stalliarch Lords at 3-4.  Katakros' command ability is so awesome it's criminal, especially with how the Bonereapers generate their Relentless Discipline points.  Also remember how large his base is, so 18" off that is going to be a giant radius.  I'd probably rank the Praetorians with him as the #1 at the moment.  Plus they can get a 2nd +1 to hit off the regular faction command ability.

But yes, there's still a lot we don't know.  if any of them get a strikes first/last or fights twice ability or item it will really make them climb in the ranks.

1 minute ago, Emissary said:

I'd probably rank the Stalliarch Lords at 3-4.  Katakros' command ability is so awesome it's criminal, especially with how the Bonereapers generate their Relentless Discipline points.  Also remember how large his base is, so 18" off that is going to be a giant radius.  I'd probably rank the Praetorians with him as the #1 at the moment.  Plus they can get a 2nd +1 to hit off the regular faction command ability.

But yes, there's still a lot we don't know.  if any of them get a strikes first/last or fights twice ability or item it will really make them climb in the ranks.

Excellent points all around!  Yeah Katakros's CP ability seems to almost be promoting a death star style type of play?

Edited by relic456

Ivory host not really due to rules seen but if I do bonereapers it will be all the big dudes and this sounds like the sub faction who will hopefully have the most  harvester and catapult rules. Will be interesting if they have cities of sigmar style battalions tied to certain sub factions (although unlikely to be the case). 

Edited by Reuben Parker

I'm hoping to run Katakros as much as possible because I love his model, so I'll most likely end up using Mortis Praetorians.
Whenever I can't fit him in the list or fancy a change, though, Null Myriad or Petrifex sound like fun.
Stalliarch lord look like they shake up the playstyle quite a bit, too. That run and charge is army wide and makes those morghast harbingers pretty scary.

1 hour ago, El Syf said:

And an anti Gotrek weapon, in theory at least.

I can't wait for somebody to run a character with that weapon at Gotrek, only to learn he can only take one wound at most from each attack, then Gotrek's counterattack butchers them.

As far as the subfractions go though, just from this little bit of info the Petrifex Elite are the overall best I'd say. +1 save is very useful and regardless of who you're fighting, you're going to take advantage of it. As far as colour schemes go though I gotta give it to the Crematorians. Easily the best colour scheme there since aside from having great colour contrast, it'll hide those goofy smiles, or at least make them look slightly less like the Joker.

Edited by Grdaat

I'm probably going for the Petrifex Elite or the Crematorians. Likely the Crematorians. However with my own colour scheme of course. They look great but I have already decided on a colour scheme. ^^

Edited by Panzer

Right now I'm thinking Crematorian scheme, but swapping the white and black bone around then using the ivory colour on the bone. Finishing it off with amethyst eyes. Though honestly no matter the scheme I use I never tie down my armies to one sub-grouping.