AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

I can see Katakros having the Mortis Praetorian (his personal legion) keyword, Arkhan and Nagash will probably be exempt from the whole legions bonuses thing given that they themselves are not Ossiarchs, although they may very well get the Ossiarch keyword.

Considering Nagash's bodies are themselves temporary expendible tools that can be manifested anywhere with enough dead matter and death magic, explodey nagash wouldn't even be unfluffy.

But yeah, I expect subfaction boosts will only apply to models with an 'ossiarch' keyword separate from whatever allegiance specific keywords that Nagash, Arkhan, and, sadly enough, maybe even morghasts will pick up to be included in the army.

Morghasts are part of the army. Just like Zombie dragons (sorry Royal Zombie Dragons) are part of Flesheater Courts. 

The real question will be if the Morghasts change in stats and abilities, not just key words. GW has already established that the same model in an AoS army can have different warscrolls for different core forces and potential (though not fully realised as yet - I think most examples the stats remain broadly if not exactly the same) for fully different performance. 

On one hand, Stormcast Eternals have restrictions on which characters can be included in which hosts, but DoK (Morathi) and ID (Volturnos) don't. Obviously, this characters are part of the army, but so are Nagash and Arkham technically and, usually, isn't the only requirement for a unit to be part of one of the hosts to be part of the army as a whole?  Also, we have CoS and how you can add named characters from other armies (SE and KO) and still get the benefits from the cities. Anyway, we'll see, they could have a fixed keyword or required getting someone else (like with the Legions). 

1 hour ago, Captain Badruk said:

The fact that the morghasts are included in the feast of bones box seems like pretty strong evidence that they will have good keyword interactions I feel? What does everyone else think?

I'm hopeful, I just don't want to count chickens.

So what are people's speculations about how the harvester apparently recycles the fallen from both friend and foe?
Had a thought with a friend that it may generate points when things die around it, and it can spend those points to heal/resurrect models?

1 hour ago, Sception said:

i expect that it will be a summoning rather than healing mechanic, earning points for nearby casualties, and spending points to summon new units from a list.  That's just guess work, though.

They already said that Bonereapers won't have any summoning mechanic. Just healing and resurrecting.

So I've been going through the thread and I'll admit that I got here late, but I've seen some people say aomething I'd just like to address, and that is the idea of voting with your wallet. Short version, if somebody doesn't like the Bonereapers then do not tell them to vote with their wallet.

Voting with your wallet does not make the game better; it's a vote that says nothing to the company and it causes the game to dwindle and die, just look at what happened to Warhammer Fantasy. People blame the game's system for the game dying and not because of prohibitive prices in an edition focused around massive unit sizes, or toxic executives doing absolutely everything they could to nickle and dime their customers, so long as it meant they didn't have to interact with them besides taking their money (the same thing was also happening in 40k, just look at 7th edition's Craftworlds). The popularity of games like the Total War: Warhammer series has shown that it wasn't the setting that killed the game, and I've seen so many people who played that who were interesting in trying out the tabletop version only to be let down when they found out it was gone. A terribly run company killed it by prizing greed over everything else, and when people weren't buying they assumed that this meant they weren't interested in the game anymore, not that they were dissatisfied with the system. Thankfully GW's a lot better now in that they actually try to engage with their community instead of only treating them like walking dollar bills, but to get back to the point:

If you don't like the Bonereapers and how they look, please let us know. Post what you don't like about them and say how you'd change it. Post photoshops of changes you'd like to see and discuss conversions that can be done to fix the parts you don't like. Even if you're still not going to collect and play the army yourself, it's very easy to inspire somebody else who might've thought differently and might love the paint schemes/conversions you have. Doing that sort of thing is how you improve the game, not by ignoring what's in it.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, IronfrontAlex said:

Hey how did you edit the photo for color scheme ideas? 

In photoshop you can adjust the hue of pictures. If you cut out specific parts and put them on a separate layer you can change the hue of just those parts.

There's also the colour replacement tool in photoshop too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

Do you guys think we will have any teleports and deepstriking like stormcast ?  I just realised how slow our foot troops are lol

Hopefully the Cav units will be super fast.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Morghasts get deep strike. If not on their scroll then via a battalion for them.

Karatos being hyped as a tactical genius means we could see out-flanking or scouting before turn one abilities from him.

Actual teleports ...I still feel that the Endless Spells like the bridge and the boat dude were aimed at supporting the OBR playstyle. They certainly look the part.

I am very, very excited to see what the all-cav army looks like.  I have been looking to base a new army around mostly cav, and this could definitely be it.

And I think that even though the cav heroes are a bit too much like Stormcast in design for me.

5 hours ago, Grdaat said:

So I've been going through the thread and I'll admit that I got here late, but I've seen some people say aomething I'd just like to address, and that is the idea of voting with your wallet. Short version, if somebody doesn't like the Bonereapers then do not tell them to vote with their wallet.

Voting with your wallet does not make the game better; it's a vote that says nothing to the company and it causes the game to dwindle and die, just look at what happened to Warhammer Fantasy. People blame the game's system for the game dying and not because of prohibitive prices in an edition focused around massive unit sizes, or toxic executives doing absolutely everything they could to nickle and dime their customers, so long as it meant they didn't have to interact with them besides taking their money (the same thing was also happening in 40k, just look at 7th edition's Craftworlds). The popularity of games like the Total War: Warhammer series has shown that it wasn't the setting that killed the game, and I've seen so many people who played that who were interesting in trying out the tabletop version only to be let down when they found out it was gone. A terribly run company killed it by prizing greed over everything else, and when people weren't buying they assumed that this meant they weren't interested in the game anymore, not that they were dissatisfied with the system. Thankfully GW's a lot better now in that they actually try to engage with their community instead of only treating them like walking dollar bills, but to get back to the point:

If you don't like the Bonereapers and how they look, please let us know. Post what you don't like about them and say how you'd change it. Post photoshops of changes you'd like to see and discuss conversions that can be done to fix the parts you don't like. Even if you're still not going to collect and play the army yourself, it's very easy to inspire somebody else who might've thought differently and might love the paint schemes/conversions you have. Doing that sort of thing is how you improve the game, not by ignoring what's in it.

I don't get this at all.  I like the Bonereapers, for the most part, but this sort of thought is so strange to me.  The "buy the models even if you don't like them" may be one of the least rational parts of the wargame community.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Austin said:

I don't get this at all.  I like the Bonereapers, for the most part, but this sort of thought is so strange to me.  The "buy the models even if you don't like them" may be one of the least rational parts of the wargame community.

He didn't say to buy the models even if you don't like them though. He just said if you don't like them do more than just not buying them. Talk about what you don't like about them. Raise awareness. Otherwise nobody (aka GW) knows what the issue is with them for sure.

26 minutes ago, Panzer said:

He didn't say to buy the models even if you don't like them though. He just said if you don't like them do more than just not buying them. Talk about what you don't like about them. Raise awareness. Otherwise nobody (aka GW) knows what the issue is with them for sure.

I do not see the do more part. I just read the ‘do not tell them to vote with your wallet’.  The reads to me more as a don’t do this, do that instead. 

5 minutes ago, Austin said:

I do not see the do more part. I just read the ‘do not tell them to vote with your wallet’.  The reads to me more as a don’t do this, do that instead. 

Really now? o_O

6 hours ago, Grdaat said: