AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

19 minutes ago, Sandor said:

After seeing the Gothizzar Harvester on the newest artwork, he doesn’t seem that big. He seems to be on a 105x70mm base. But compared to the size of stormcast and khorne next to him, he seems more like a Khorgorath size.

I actually don't really mind the Harvester being small. Makes it likelier for me to run multiples of them.

Assuming Dread Falchions/Spirit Blades are options that are by model/unit-wide, rather than "leader has X weapon, everyone else has Y weapon":

Red underline means it's the best damage option between Falchions and Blades with those modifiers against that save. Orange underline means it's the best damage option for that weapon with those modifiers against that save. Blue means it's the better weapon against that save if you pick rerolling saves as your bonus for that combat phase.

Underlines in two rows within a column within a modifier group means they're tied.

Generally speaking, Spirit Blades with Precision are the best for damage. They're the best option in nearly every instance. Falchions are generally the better defensive option if you're using the Blade-Parry (reroll saves) stance.

image.png.b9c4f86fb4dc9bd6768203dd3e36cf84.png

Fun note: IF you have a Stalker model with Falchions, AND they have -2 to wound, AND they're attacking a model with a 5+ save or worse, Destroyer is the best option. Otherwise, it's bad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 hours ago, Overread said:

OBR-Faction-Focus-Oct22-Army9sgrd.jpg

Our first proper look behind the trebuchet! Wider and you can clearly see the platform now at the back where there's the loader and fire commander ready to get the arm pulled back and ready to fire. 

That Arch-Kavalos is on a round base, right? Certainly not a 90 oval.

10 hours ago, Panzer said:

The Harvester is definitely not small. Just not gigantic. More like Dreadnought sized for the 40k players amongst us.

Small as in not big on a 120mm base and an expensive big box. Makes it also likelier to be sub-200pts. 

Will be interesting to see how its healing system work. My current guess is that it works similiar to the Spirit Torment, but only counting models within range. 

14 hours ago, Skelebags said:

The shieldwall ability is reroll saves not reroll *failed* saves, so rend doesn't stop you rerolling anything.

I think I am missing something here (still quite new to the hobby), but I thought that reroll failed saves was, well, save rolls that you didn't make. Im starting to think I have been playing wrong and my Sequitors aren't as beefy as I first thought. 

Let's see if I can get this myself: 

Basically it means that if an attack has -1 rend and I have a 4+ save (so need a 5+ on the roll), I can't re-roll the 4, because I technically "pass" because my save is 4+? So I can only ever re-roll anything 3 or less (if my save doesn't get buffed /debuffed etc)? 

If that is the case then I have defffffinitely been playing wrong. The group that got me into it basically simplified it that rend basically changes your save characteristic, and doesn't change the actual roll (leaving your save characteristic untouched). 

Edited by Heijoshin
clarification.

8 minutes ago, Heijoshin said:

I think I am missing something here (still quite new to the hobby), but I thought that reroll failed saves was, well, save rolls that you didn't make. Im starting to think I have been playing wrong and my Sequitors aren't as beefy as I first thought. 

Basically it means that if an attack has -1 rend and I have a 4+ save (so need a 5+ on the roll), I can't re-roll the 4, because I technically "pass" because my save is 4+? So I can only ever re-roll anything 3 or less (if my save doesn't get buffed /debuffed etc)? 

If that is the case then I have defffffinitely been playing wrong. The group that got me into it basically simplified it that rend basically changes your save characteristic, and doesn't change the actual roll (leaving your save characteristic untouched). 

Pretty much, when rerolling failed you don't get to account for negative modifiers

42 minutes ago, Heijoshin said:

That's because re-rolls happen before modifier. Before modifier you technically passed your 4+ save so the re-roll doesn't apply. After modifier you failed your save but you are past the point where you could have re-rolled it.

42 minutes ago, XReN said:

Pretty much, when rerolling failed you don't get to account for negative modifiers

8 minutes ago, Panzer said:

That's because re-rolls happen before modifier. Before modifier you technically passed your 4+ save so the re-roll doesn't apply. After modifier you failed your save but you are past the point where you could have re-rolled it.

Thanks both of you for the clarification! Makes much more sense this way. 

9 minutes ago, Goldy751 said:

Im trying to come up with a paint scheme that makes the army look more like the tomb kings. What do you think? Any suggestions are more than welcome. 

5A9FBE65-587F-4E8F-AB3D-F46C6F5EB17C.jpeg

Haha I was doing something similar, however not necessarily with the aim to make them look more like actual Tomb Kings in general, just to make them please my personal aesthetic preferences and the red colour as homage to my old TK army. :D

3fpMLH0.png

I definitely didn't get the gold right though but it's good enough as a mockup I'd say.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Heijoshin said:

Thanks both of you for the clarification! Makes much more sense this way. 

In defense of your group, the way things technically work is extremely counterintuitive, a case of GW prioritizing rules that are short and easy to write over rules that make sense and are easy to understand, which has been a problem since GW started priding themselves on how short the core rules for their games are.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Izotzuhure said:

So if you add Nagash to the +1 to save host, yuo get him on a 2+. Cool. 

There’s a scary thought.  Nagash actually being worth his points.  If his last point hike turns out to be a rational move my head will explode.