AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

4 hours ago, Charleston said:

73381212_1157479567782168_3545637361322819584_n.jpg.a8161aa46efbf77e1434179d5600d8be.jpg

Just spotted on Dakka

Treat the text after that first sentence as blank.  Why would a wizard ever be within 3" of the enemy general when it is killed?  Unless this thing is fast or beefy I don't think you are ever going to trigger that second bit, still a half decent rule.

We don't yet know its full stats and from those abilities it sounds like its going to be a bit like a witch aelf queen - ergo a support unit for the troops that gets up front rather than hangs in the background. We already know that the chair character might want to hang back with artillery so there's a character in the back lines; this one might be a front line warrior. Thus able to get within range. 

8 hours ago, Fellman said:

In Stormcast they talk about a al Nexropolis Satlker arme or a kavalleri arme that sounds elite to me

OBR-Hero-Oct21-stalkers4dfgh.jpg

An all Necropolis Stalker army sounds like something I can get into after putting my hobbyknife to work on them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Death1942 said:

Treat the text after that first sentence as blank.  Why would a wizard ever be within 3" of the enemy general when it is killed?  Unless this thing is fast or beefy I don't think you are ever going to trigger that second bit, still a half decent rule.

Yeah. Wow. Seriously underwhelming.

Actually make me think I will skip buying Feast, and makes me concerned for the rest of the army rules. This alone gives me pause in preordering stuff if they think this is what passes for good.

7 minutes ago, El Syf said:

Really concerned about Morghasts to be honest. Currently  they are better in a grand host army than anything else (extra attacks, battleline if Nagash general), hoping there is some incentive to play them in Ossiarchs.

Might get some really good bonuses from the different legends. They mentioned one legion getting +1 save to all units. Might be great for them

Yeah I think that's just a photo showing off lots of models, 10 to a box would be what I'd expect for them. If they put 20 in a box then the price would go up quite a bit I would think. 

As for the coffin leader, don't forget battle-mages are a thing. Not every wizard has to hang back. Daughters of Khaine already charge forward with their queens only a pace behind the front ranks. The biggest issue would be keeping it alive long enough in a meta environment that is fast learning that leader sniping is a very sure tactic to disabling the power and combo cores of many armies. 

7 minutes ago, Panzer said:

I doubt it. GW doesn't really sell many boxes with 20 models, not even for horde armies.

Can only think of 2 kits, saurus warriors, ghouls and bloodreavers.

They might do 20 in a box, as they are not as might as they look, being only on 25mm bases.

Edited by Nasnad

6 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

You forgot kairic acolytes (tzaangors army) sold by 20

Just looked though it, there are also these units:

Stormvermin, Savage Orruks, Marauders, skinks, Plague Monks, gobbos, Clanrats and  Zombies.

So it might be possible

Also things like clan rats are swarm models. Same for things like Tyranid gaunts sold in batches of 16 or so. 

I'd expect if GW ever updates them Stormvermin would go up to 10 in a box, which wouldn't be too bad as a block of 40 or so is already around 500 or so points. 

7 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Yeah. Wow. Seriously underwhelming.

Actually make me think I will skip buying Feast, and makes me concerned for the rest of the army rules. This alone gives me pause in preordering stuff if they think this is what passes for good.

It's way early to be making decisions about the power level of the army.

Yesterday they also stated that the Bonereapers have their own unique set of command points in addition to normal command points called Relentless Discipline points that can be used by unit leaders.  The example they used was that the Mortek Guard can shield wall and reroll their saving throws.  Given that the basic wizard shown Sunday had a save of 4+, the Mortek Guard should have at least a 4+ save and may have something else given they have shields.  If you throw in the faction that gives a +1 save you're looking at a battleline unit having a 3+ rerollable save at worst!  It could even get to a 2+ save if they are in cover or if shields add +1 to their save (or if they're 3+ to begin with).   Then they probably have a 6+ ignore wounds like all undead.  That's really, REALLY good.

Not to mention they ignore battleshock because evidentally the entire army ignores battleshock.  I know they have a Ld of 10, but it's still a lot better with the debuffs out there.

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

I'm not sure but this image make me think: will those minis be sold by units of 20 making the deal of the Feast of bones less appealing?

They've stated that units with swords are better for small units.   I don't think they're talking about units of 20 there.  I'll be very surprised if the minimum unit size is 20 and it goes up by 20s.

• Like 1

I'm 90% sure mortek guard will be in boxes of 10.

The only evidence to the contrary is the image of 20 models, which I think is to emphasise their poseability, and the presence of an 11th shield on the sprue.

However, the sprue only has 10 bodies, and the extra shield is likely to allow you to not build a champion, since the champion has a slightly fancier shield.

It's a lot more of a tease than some faction focuses have been in the past. The juicier units not getting a look in... 

Also am I the only person that thinks a 4+ save is far from "excellent"?! If it was akin to Gotrek's op shoulder pad, then excellent would be the correct adjective. I'd go for mediocre once you apply anything with rend.

Edited by El Syf