AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

I want to get everything but im going to be careful for what I buy first. I want a functional army first. I will only pre order the book, and some of the units that seem good from the previews. Also things like the catapult is a model that a lot of people i know want as well so it would be good to order that one as well to be sure i get one. 

Then on release day I can read through the book and decide what models i will need first. 

It's very hard for me to choose, made harder by the fact that we don't yet know the point values nor structure of the army for things like battleline troops. Nor do we fully know all the potential weapon options with them nor how they affect their play style and stats. 

When a full block of 30 troops can cost quite a bit for any army (most tend to operate around the 30 value, though of course some operate with less and some more) it can make a serious dent in a budget just to get the army working right. 

I'll likely pass on Katakros because whilst its an awesome model its likely going to be expensive and I tend to prefer to build up a solid variable army core before adding really big expensive things. 

Going with my gut on things I really really want:

• Liege-Kavalos and  Arch-Kavalos Zandtos - ergo two of those cavalry leader kits. I've really loved the look of that model since the teaser in the leak. That it can build two different kinds of leader - one hero one generic - just reinforces my love of the sculpt. 
  • Kavalos Deathriders - cavalry for the leaders to lead. This assumes that the cavalry is battle-line and priced as such. If they turn out at varanguard prices then, well, that plan might be a lot slower coming to fruition.
  • Mortek Crawler - a walking trebuchet! Do I need any more reason than that to want to get one of these? (or more than one if funds allow)

Those three would be my top three picks however following fast on from them I'd really love to get

• Necropolis Stalkers
  • Reaper leader (I forget its name)
  • Reconstruction Leader (the one we've not had previewed yet)
  • Gothizzar Harvester! 

Mostly this leaves Katakross, troops and the chair guy on the last legs (see see pun there). There's also the other support products such as terrain features and the like. So basically I want it all! Though I suspect I certainly won't be able to afford it all (asides getting it all at once would backlog me so heavily I could lose enthusiasm to battle the mountain of plastic) 

Top picks for me: 

Mortek Guard 

Liege Kavolas

Cavalry dudes 

Experimental pickup is a box of Necropolis Stalkers. Not wild about the models but want to try converting the basic cavalry dues into centaurs if the scale is okay.

Not fussed: 

Catapult...why isn't it self-loading?

Karatos.

Harvester.

2 hours ago, Goldy751 said:

I want to get everything but im going to be careful for what I buy first. I want a functional army first. I will only pre order the book, and some of the units that seem good from the previews. Also things like the catapult is a model that a lot of people i know want as well so it would be good to order that one as well to be sure i get one. 

Then on release day I can read through the book and decide what models i will need first. 

This!

I’m pretty much in exactly this boat! I much prefer to have a fully painted army before playing and have wasted time putting terrible armies on the table as a result. I don’t mean non-top tier lists by this, just randomly cobbled together lists to make up points with no internal synergies.

So I’ll probably grab one or two boxes based off the previews and the Battletome before going all in on everything else.

I love the Katakros model and will definitely be getting that but it’ll probably take a couple of months for me to build/paint so will start with the others.

• Like 2

I always end up with more hero models than actuall battleline/combat models. Im trying to avoid that. 

Also, I think the warscrolls go live with the pre orders right? So you can actually see the rules before you buy something to pick what goes well together

26 minutes ago, Sception said:

Lore is pretty much what I expected, and I live it.  Art is nice, too.  'Necrotopia' is a fun word.  All in all, I'm pretty hype, though some rule previews would be nice.

If it follows GWs normal release schedule we should get rules previews starting Monday and content creators should have full reviews released on Saturday. 

Looking at the Mortison Boneshaper:

Boneshaper heals 3 wounds to a unit within 6", and if they don't have any wounds allocated to them you can bring back up to 3 wounds worth of models.

Also a wizard with a spell that picks a unit within 18" and you roll a dice for each model in the unit within 18" and visible.  For each roll of a 6 the unit takes a mortal wound.

Stats are 5" move, 4+ save, 10 Bravery and 5 wounds.  Talons are 1" reach, 2 attacks 3+/4+/-/1.

• Thanks 1

They said the Stalkers and Mortek guard will release shortly afterwards as stand alone kits. If the box set is around $160 it's going to be a steal, my guesses on prices:

Morghasts $60

Character $30

Mortek $40

Stalkers $50

And god those dice are beautiful.

1 hour ago, Emissary said:

Looking at the Mortison Boneshaper:

Boneshaper heals 3 wounds to a unit within 6", and if they don't have any wounds allocated to them you can bring back up to 3 wounds worth of models.

Also a wizard with a spell that picks a unit within 18" and you roll a dice for each model in the unit within 18" and visible.  For each roll of a 6 the unit takes a mortal wound.

Stats are 5" move, 4+ save, 10 Bravery and 5 wounds.  Talons are 1" reach, 2 attacks 3+/4+/-/1.

I think we can assume that his statline (not weapons) is the basic ossiarch statline, which mostlikely is the same for most small heroes and mortek guard.

5” move, 4+ save and 10 bravery is just a refreshing change from the old skeleton warriors with 6+ save and 4” move.