AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

I took a 2.0 list to  tournament over the weekend and got rocked. Here is the list I'm looking at trying out going forward. It's a variation of the Nagash list. 

Allegiance: Ossiarch Bonereapers
- Legion: Petrifex Elite
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
- Triumphs:
Nagash, Supreme Lord of the Undead (970)
Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament (360)
20 x Mortek Guard (280)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Mortek Guard (140)
10 x Mortek Guard (140)
The Burning Head (20)
Umbral Spellportal (70)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 67
Drops: 5

3 hours ago, AaronWilson said:

I've seen a few Nagash lists pop up, how are they playing the scenario ever with so few bodies. Is Nagash's out put enough to carry the army?

Yes in a way. The main thing in 3.0 is being able to carry out your battle tactics and grand strategy. There are a few that are easy to accomplish to start the game but the tactics that win you games are being able to kill the general, battleline, and monster, along with the added bonus if you do some of these items with a monster.

Nagash fills out that roll very well, being able to delete units and get the added bonus for being a monster. He's not unkillable though so you have to be careful when running him. 

The main strategy to protect him and increase his maneuverability is using Protection of Nagash to teleport him when he takes damage and out of combat.

Playing the objectives is required to stay in the fight but in most case won't win you games. Playing to the strategy and tactics is what wins games and Nagash does that better than everything else in our army until our book gets fixed. 

5 minutes ago, SilverJelly said:

Yes in a way. The main thing in 3.0 is being able to carry out your battle tactics and grand strategy. There are a few that are easy to accomplish to start the game but the tactics that win you games are being able to kill the general, battleline, and monster, along with the added bonus if you do some of these items with a monster.

Nagash fills out that roll very well, being able to delete units and get the added bonus for being a monster. He's not unkillable though so you have to be careful when running him. 

The main strategy to protect him and increase his maneuverability is using Protection of Nagash to teleport him when he takes damage and out of combat.

Playing the objectives is required to stay in the fight but in most case won't win you games. Playing to the strategy and tactics is what wins games and Nagash does that better than everything else in our army until our book gets fixed. 

Okay that's a good analysis. Does a lot of his damage come from storing multiple arcane bolts then letting 5-6 go for 5-6D3 Mortal wounds? 

6 minutes ago, SilverJelly said:

In the hero phase both players have the chance to dispell 1 endless spell. 

Dispelling endless spells is done at the start of the hero phase & the spell was removed after the start but in the same turn it was cast. It being placed in a way where it would move off the table is most likely correct. 

11 minutes ago, AaronWilson said:

Dispelling endless spells is done at the start of the hero phase & the spell was removed after the start but in the same turn it was cast. It being placed in a way where it would move off the table is most likely correct. 

I see what your saying. It looks like in round one he moves it off the board. At the bottom of 2 he dispels it in the hero phase. 

The restriction that you cannot use the same command ability more than once in the same phase does not apply to command abilities used with relentless discipline points. For example, you can use the Shieldwall command ability on the Mortek Guard warscroll more than once in the same phase, as long as that command is issued by a model that has not already issued a command in that phase and it is received by a unit that has not already received a command in that phase

This is pretty great, you can't shield wall & bludgeon the same unit but you can do multiple shieldwalls, or multiple bludgeons on different units in a turn. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Obeisance said:

Oh- I misread. I thought were were back to what we were.

At least we can repeatedly shieldwall, bludgeon, speed bump and such- even if it's not on the same unit.

Yeah I think the important ones are multiple unstoppable advance turn 1 & being able to decide between multiple shieldwalls across units, we can bludgeon where we need or shieldwall where we need now. 

32 minutes ago, Obeisance said:

OBR stonks, they only go up.

No longer restricted by number of command abilities. Can't use the generic ones, but at least you can use bludgeon and shield wall again.

Arkhan finally got nerfed too, he WAS really good with that mystic shield gun

WHOOOOOO   RELENTLESS DISCIPLINE FIX!!!!!!

I mean, also, yeah, boo arkhan nerf, and yay elite status for the monstrous infantry, but we knew those changes had to be coming sooner rather than later, but

YEAH!  RDP FIX!

I honestly thought we'd have to wait for a new battletome to see that.

The Relentless Discipline situation is still much, much weaker than it was in 2e since we still cant stack multiple buffs from or onto the same unit in the same phase, and I might have preferred an alternative fix that just gave us access to the core command abilities, but at the very least Unstoppable Advance works again.

• LOVE IT! 1

What do you guys think?

- Legion: Petrifex Elite 
- Grand Strategy: Pillars of Belief 
Liege-Kavalos (185) 
- General, Mighty ArchaeossianGodbone Armour 
20 x Mortek Guard (280) 
20 x Mortek Guard (280) 
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (190) 
Umbral Spellportal (70) 
The Burning Head (20) 
Battle Regiment 

Total: 1995 / 2000 
Wounds: 78 
Drops: 1 

- Legion: Petrifex Elite 
- Grand Strategy: Pillars of Belief 
Mir Kainan (190) 

20 x Mortek Guard (280) 
20 x Mortek Guard (280) 
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (190)

5 x Mir Kainan’s Reapers (0) 
Umbral Spellportal (70) 
The Burning Head (20) 
Battle Regiment 

Hunters in the Heartland (both Morteks)

Total: 2000 / 2000 
Wounds: 782 
Drops: 3 

So team tournament, only one copy of any warscroll per player, only one of any grand strategy. I've confirmed with the TO that unless changed, Nagash counts as a priest as he's got that tag on his warscroll in OBR (but not Soulblight) so I'm not fighting over Prized Sorcery.

The difference in the lists is Mir Kainan vs Leige Kavalos.

First list is one-drop, but the Morteks can be roared at to deny Shieldwall. Primarily I want to be one-drop so I can get buffs up before I take Mawkrushas to the face or something.

Second list is three-drop, but they can't due to Hunters detachment. The Reapers give me an extra unit so I can take two detachments.

Mir Kainan or no? 

I'm hopefully gonna get a few games testing the second list this week.

4 hours ago, Obeisance said:

So team tournament, only one copy of any warscroll per player, only one of any grand strategy. I've confirmed with the TO that unless changed, Nagash counts as a priest as he's got that tag on his warscroll in OBR 

Nagash lost Priest keyword 13.5.2021 when his Warscroll got updated 

image0-5.jpg