AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

On 8/7/2021 at 2:35 PM, Jabbuk said:

Hi again Ossiarch generals,

Ive been trying to figure out the models I should buy for my 1.5k list of Mortis Preatorians. Here's my sample list:

Allegiance: Ossiarch Bonereapers
- Legion: Mortis Praetorians
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:
Arch-Kavalos Zandtos (205)
Katakros, Mortarch of the Necropolis (470)
- General
Mortisan Soulmason (140)
20 x Mortek Guard (280)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (190)
Mortek Crawler (215)

Total: 1500 / 1500
Reinforced Units: 1 / 3
Allies: 0 / 300
Wounds: 80
Drops: 6

Do you have any advice on if I should take a Mortek Crawler or a Gothizzar Harvester? I had the Gothizzar in first for the healing and monster keyword but with Katakros in, maybe it's overkill for healing? What do you guys think?

You need one more Battleline for 1500 points. I prefer Harvester instead of Crawler because of All Out Defence And the fact Crawler has no rend. Crawler still could work but it's worse than in 2.0 imo

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hellberg said:

You need one more Battleline for 1500 points. I prefer Harvester instead of Crawler because of All Out Defence And the fact Crawler has no rend. Crawler still could work but it's worse than in 2.0 imo

Nope. In 3.0 you just need 2 battleline for games between 1000 and 1999 points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2021 at 2:35 PM, Jabbuk said:

Hi again Ossiarch generals,

Ive been trying to figure out the models I should buy for my 1.5k list of Mortis Preatorians. Here's my sample list:

Allegiance: Ossiarch Bonereapers
- Legion: Mortis Praetorians
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:
Arch-Kavalos Zandtos (205)
Katakros, Mortarch of the Necropolis (470)
- General
Mortisan Soulmason (140)
20 x Mortek Guard (280)
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (190)
Mortek Crawler (215)

Total: 1500 / 1500
Reinforced Units: 1 / 3
Allies: 0 / 300
Wounds: 80
Drops: 6

Do you have any advice on if I should take a Mortek Crawler or a Gothizzar Harvester? I had the Gothizzar in first for the healing and monster keyword but with Katakros in, maybe it's overkill for healing? What do you guys think?

It's never an overkill, go with harvester, crawlers are not that great in this Ed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Archibald said:

Nope. In 3.0 you just need 2 battleline for games between 1000 and 1999 points.

In General's Handbook Pitched Battles 2021 only allowed points for Matched Play are 1000 and 2000 points. 

Edit: found out that we are referring to different Battlepacks. GHB 2021 / Contest of Generals Battlepack. My bad. 

Edited by Hellberg

5 hours ago, Hellberg said:

In General's Handbook Pitched Battles 2021 only allowed points for Matched Play are 1000 and 2000 points. 

Edit: found out that we are referring to different Battlepacks. GHB 2021 / Contest of Generals Battlepack. My bad. 

Wait, so this brings up a question I had when I received my GHB 2021. The Core Rules has 750, 1000, 1500 and 2000 (even 3000) but the GHB 2021 only shows 1000 and 2000. Could someone clarify what happened in-between? As for the number of battlelines, I use Warscroll Builder and everything seems legit.

45 minutes ago, Jabbuk said:

Wait, so this brings up a question I had when I received my GHB 2021. The Core Rules has 750, 1000, 1500 and 2000 (even 3000) but the GHB 2021 only shows 1000 and 2000. Could someone clarify what happened in-between? As for the number of battlelines, I use Warscroll Builder and everything seems legit.

Yeah, 2battleilines till 1999k is the norm, if you go to a tournament be mindful and read the rules. 

• Thanks 1

And that's my Deathriders done. Boom.

Burning Head, Nagash and Harbingers to go.

I'm currently learning to play this list for a team event in a couple months. 

Got a game tonight Lumeneth, game tomorrow night vs Seraphon.

You guys think the Burning Head/Shrieker are 100% necessary? I could take an extra unit..

20210810_171227.jpg

Screenshot_20210725-191916_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Obeisance
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Obeisance said:

And that's my Deathriders done. Boom.

Burning Head, Nagash and Harbingers to go.

I'm currently learning to play this list for a team event in a couple months. 

Got a game tonight Lumeneth, game tomorrow night vs Seraphon.

You guys think the Burning Head/Shrieker are 100% necessary? I could take an extra unit..

20210810_171227.jpg

Screenshot_20210725-191916_Chrome.jpg

I think it could be dangerous to teleport Nagash without support. When he is gone, you have a problem. Saw a list on youtube that went all in with this strategy: Nagash, Arkhan, 3x Mortek, Crawler, Burning head. He teleported Nagash with 4 mystic shields (cast by Arkhan) on and several arkhan bolts. And even he seemed to struggle to keep him alive...

Beautiful ponies by the way.👍

Yeah, that's what has happened with Nagash so far. I've played him twice, teleported into the opponent's army and he died.

I need to be more selective/go for flanks/juicy targets. Use the Head to change flanks/grab objectives.

And stay out of 9" of priests.

Well, I'm 0-3 Gotrek vs Nagash. Little orange ****** made a 10" charge around my Shriekier move blocking him.

Rerolled into triple sixes and I didn't get priority.

I think I'm just going to have to avoid engaging him at all costs.

How are you guys finding Harbingers? I'm finding them super fragile and they can't be rezzed.

My list atm:

Nagash, Leige, 2*5 Deathriders, 10 Morteks, 2 Harbingers, Burning Head and Shrieker.

I'm thinking of traditing the Harbingers for 10 more Morteks and a Spell Mirror to abuse Hand of Dust.

What's in your Nagash list?

If gotrek specifically is bothering you, you might consider trying to find room for the Soulsnare Shackles.  With his low base movement it's not to hard to prevent him from charging at all on a key turn, provided the opponent fails to dispel them.

On 8/11/2021 at 6:53 AM, Obeisance said:

Well, I'm 0-3 Gotrek vs Nagash. Little orange ****** made a 10" charge around my Shriekier move blocking him.

Endless spells can be moved through now, so he wouldn't have to charge around it, unless the shrieker is an exception I am unaware of. 

So I had a game vs Lumeneth and fit trashed by fast moving kangaroo cavalry and characters I can't catch.

Played into Kroak with Skink spam and 9 salamanders. Game was going well but I ran out of units and got attritioned out by summing.

The army doesn't fight super well. It doesn't shoot. It can take a little more damage than most. It's not super fast.

It's all about Nagash and if a smart player screens him out, there's only so much I can do.

I know I'm playing against the best players in my area, but I'm still like.. can I actually compete with this army?

I don't think I've been 0-5 with OBR before. The last two team events I was 3-0 for both. 

I'm not sure I like 970pts of eggs. I'm a basket.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Obeisance said:

I don't think I've been 0-5 with OBR before.

Gloomspite goes 0-5 on average definitely not obr, they are still a good army, every player needs improvements and also a lot of testing with new lists. Can't blame all to the faction.

If you want a top tier army, go for the most, imo, lamer faction, tzeentch+archaon and other amenities.

Yeah. I'm playing into strong players/lists and getting crushed. I've played OBR since release, but I've just started playing Nagash-OBR. Usually I'm a competent general, this is a shift in the way I play. I'm just over-analysing and it seems bad. My buddies want me to play this list for teams.. I don't want to be a stone dragging us to the depths. lol.

I took a 9 Stormfiend list into a tournament last month and went 2-1 in my 2nd to 5th games of AOS3- a very point and click army though.

Can anyone reccomend any articles/videos of running Nagash in OBR? I'm not giving up yet. 

27 minutes ago, Obeisance said:

I've played OBR since release

That’s dedication!

Nagash is really strong but I feel after some games that obr could find success also with this standard: 

a block of30mortek+harvester+boneshaper 

than you can go mortis praetorians with katakros or petrifex with Arkhan and build the list around it.

Since we can use shieldwall only one time we do some economy and use one big blob of mortek that’s also more easy to buff and only 30 mortek can face pretty anything in this meta of monsters, if well supported of course.

7 hours ago, Obeisance said:

My buddies want me to play this list for teams..

Don’t worry about your score too much, fielding Nagash is always tricky and unbalanced. Against competent opponents even more so, because they train that 5h!t…

better ask your buddy if he really needs Nagash in his Tag-Team, because skilled opponents with balanced lists will outplay you… or if Arkhan could also do the trick🤷🏿‍♀️

Grand Strategy: Hold the Line

Petrifex Elite

1 Drop – Battle Regiment - Unison

- Arkhan – 360 Points

- Liege Kavalos – 185 Points (Godbone Armour Artifact)

- 20 Mortek Guard – 280 Points

- 5 Kavalos Deathriders – 190 Points

- 5 Kavalos Deathriders – 190 Points

- 3 Necropolis Stalker – 180 Points

- 4 Morghast Harbingers – 370 Points

- Harvester – 215 Points

Endless Spell: The Burning Head– 20 Points

Total: 1990 points 

Wounds: 116

This is my list that I decided to try in 3.0. My main inspiration was Russ Veal and his experiences from first 5 game tourney he attendded a week or two ago. 

I decided to focus on one drop to have a chance for a double turn. I switched crawlers for Harbingers as I see 3d6 charge dice agaist redeploy valuable a lot. Extra mobility will be key against mobile armies like Lumineth kangaroos And Sevireth.

20 Mortek + Harvester will hold key objectives While Harbingers should harass backline. My hope Is that Stalkers won't be obvious target as their damage even with 3 Is pretty brutal. 

Key will be to keep Arkhan alive. 

Will see how it goes. Could be fun list either way.

Edited by Hellberg
  • Like 2

On 8/11/2021 at 9:11 AM, Archibald said:

I think it could be dangerous to teleport Nagash without support. When he is gone, you have a problem. Saw a list on youtube that went all in with this strategy: Nagash, Arkhan, 3x Mortek, Crawler, Burning head. He teleported Nagash with 4 mystic shields (cast by Arkhan) on and several arkhan bolts. And even he seemed to struggle to keep him alive...

Beautiful ponies by the way.👍

That video will be interesting to see, how can I find it?

What do you guys think of Mir Kainan's Reapers? The guest on THW sings their praises. I've picked them up but I'm yet to play them.

I'm messing with lists still. Trading out the only Leige nets me Mir Kainan's Reapers and enough battleline choices to put my Morteks in Hunters in the Heartland. Giving up Endless Duty seems kinda meh though.

6 hours ago, jhamslam said:

Always take Arkhan / Nagash and use the Drain Vitality spell to make him re roll 6s. This goes for the Morathi Bow Snake build too

I've actually since added Spell Mirrors to my army specifically for that reason. Any big threat is going to be eating a turn 1 Drain.