AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

11 hours ago, Pookie said:

My friend surprised me by dropping teclis on the table last night, he conceded turn 2 after I took out his blob of wardens and teclis 😀

I was running Null Myriad with;

Nagash 

liege (general with the legion stuff)

2 Archai

3 stalkers

5 death riders 

10 mortek

10 mortek

i dont think I’m getting the same result against Archaon tonight but it should be interesting all the same. 

Archai with helberds?Let me know how goesagainst archaon

I've been toying with the idea of a small bonereapers force as a second army, however is there a viable way of running them that isn't loads of Mortek? I know they arent in a great place this edition, but I've always liked the models

13 minutes ago, papary said:

I've been toying with the idea of a small bonereapers force as a second army, however is there a viable way of running them that isn't loads of Mortek? I know they arent in a great place this edition, but I've always liked the models

Well, yeah, no more 80mortek but 40 on average.

Some new lists use kavalosx5, and harvesters, also stalkers and morghasts are a little bit used now.

In general it's a cheap army especially if you buy a good competitive 2klist.

Edited by baiardo
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, baiardo said:

Well, yeah, no more 80mortek but 40 on average.

Some new lists use kavalosx5, and harvesters, also stalkers and morghasts are a little bit used now.

In general it's a cheap army especially if you buy a good competitive 2klist.

i might buy myself a box of mortek and a hero to start with and go from there, i do love the harvester so would like to use them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baiardo said:

Archai with helberds?Let me know how goesagainst archaon

They chopped down his screamers but did little against Archaon, they were more a road bump, which worked!

I won the game, but tzeentch is tricky, I had 2 chances to cast hand of dust, 3rd and 5th battle round, both instant dispelled, the last 2 rounds was basically Archaon v nagash, I had 10 mortek left he had a blue scribe, neither were playing a part, he fluffed his king slayer attacks bottom of the 4th, both rolled 1 for priority which I kept, threw everything into him, leaving him on 3 wounds, he failed his saves, but got slayer of kings this time, i fluffed the roll for mortal contract, which would have been hilarious. 

I’ll take the win, it played out how I wanted it too even if I lost bone daddy. 
I really didn’t expect it to last 5 full rounds. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Pookie said:

They chopped down his screamers but did little against Archaon, they were more a road bump, which worked!

I won the game, but tzeentch is tricky, I had 2 chances to cast hand of dust, 3rd and 5th battle round, both instant dispelled, the last 2 rounds was basically Archaon v nagash, I had 10 mortek left he had a blue scribe, neither were playing a part, he fluffed his king slayer attacks bottom of the 4th, both rolled 1 for priority which I kept, threw everything into him, leaving him on 3 wounds, he failed his saves, but got slayer of kings this time, i fluffed the roll for mortal contract, which would have been hilarious. 

I’ll take the win, it played out how I wanted it too even if I lost bone daddy. 
I really didn’t expect it to last 5 full rounds. 

Congratulation, tzeentch+archy is my nemesis, would you change something of your list?
There is a list that you would play against tzeentch+archaon without nagash?

Edited by baiardo

34 minutes ago, baiardo said:

Congratulation, tzeentch+archy is my nemesis, would you change something of your list?
There is a list that you would play against tzeentch+archaon without nagash?

I’d change back to PE, and consider endless spells, I’ll have to play with that, teleporting nagash against Archaon is a must. 

Without Nagash I’d stick with PE, use Arkhan, try to get Archaon in combat against a blob of mortek buffed with harvester support. Probably take soulmason too for extra dispells, it’s something I’ll have to work on for future games. 

the Archai/harbingers and stalkers have all done well for me this edition, I didn’t use them much last, I’m tempted to run more of them. 

• Like 1

Had a game vs Hallowheart today. My first with Nagash, opponent was an active AOS2 player who had only played a couple games of AOS3 and only a couple with his army. We were playing Power Struggle.

I was running Nagash, Leige, 2x 5 Deathriders, 10 Morteks, 2 Harbingers, Burning Head and Shriker in a one-drop.

Opponent had a Celestial Hurricanum and extra wizards, dwarf wizard. Thunderers, 30 block of shooting guys, Shadowstalkers, 10 blob of Stormcast dudes and a wizard on a weird monster cavalry mount. Soulscream Bridge. Relic that gives battleshock immunity wholy within 18".

Round1.jpg.eca654ad64eb5fdaa567e74ccf8d04f1.jpg

I go first and I basically set up army up and run into midboard. Nagash casts Shield, Protection, uses his command ability, Burning Head and charges up five Arcane Bolts. Opponent had a Wizard and a unit on the flank next to the Hurricanum that I could get to and I ported into position and he was like- ooops I have too many wizards. Nagash then moved from where my opponent's phone is in the picture, to where he is now. Had I thought about it, I should have respositioned my cavalry more aggressively- but hey. I move up to cap three objectives.

He goes in, unloads 5 Arcane Bolts on his unit of Thunderers and I shred whatever the unit is at the front. His Unleash Hell shooting does a total of zero wounds to Nagash.

Opponent has his turn. Nagash heals. Unloads everything into Nagash. Does no damage with the 30-block, but he manages to chip off like 6-7 wounds with mortals and spellcasting. Turns out your opponent cutting themselves for +D6 to cast is actually crazy good. I had no idea he could do that. First time playing Hallowheart. I also didn't realize there was a Priest there, Curse or whatever is reaaaally rough. I should have stayed out of nine.  Everyone including the Hurricanum, Stormcast dudes chage. Nagash kicks the ****** out of the Hurricanum.

Nagash is in pretty rough shape. If I get my turn, he'll heal up and it's on. Of course my opponent wins priority and again, puts his entire army into killing Nagash. Hippogriff shatters flasks for like 4 and he has mass -2 rend shooting from somewhere and I just end up losing my 970pt monster top of 2. First time playing him- I wanted to see what he could take and I played him badly.

My turn 2, Harbingers, all the Cavalos and the Harbingers move up. Harbingers fly over the top into his main wizard, Riders go into his 30 block, Leige and Riders go into his Stormcast dudes. Unleash does like 9 wounds to the Harbingers. Oof. Stormcast mooks get punished and dropped down to 3 by the Kavalos, Arcane Sheild be damned. Riders kill like 10 of the fat gunner block. Morteks run up to try and grab his far left objective.

round3.jpg.6cd9ec078d3407cfcbdc573722586c87.jpg

Round 3, he wins priority yet again and I nuke to the top right objective. At this point, he's only held a single objective due to being boxed in by my aggression.

He Bridges the gunners out from the cav top right and tries to kill the Leige- but fails. Manges to drop the second Harbinger. Shadowstalkers appear and take my bottom right objective. His stuff basically just hides behind the middle terrain, Hippogriff guy tries to ride the winds over to the far left objective but rolls super bad.

My turn, the now unengaged Kavalos get a speed boost and walk towards the Shadowstalkers. He redeploys 2 but I still make the charge. Leige and Kavalos finish off the Stormcast in the middle brawl. Kavalos vs Shadowstalkers- they randomly kill two striking first? What? But damage and battleshock drops them to two models- so I take the objective back.

End of round 3, the game is like 1-15 and my opponent concedes. The game was a bit of a derp fest as we were both learning, but I feel like I took away a lot.

If I had pushed the Cavalry harder turn 1, they could've potentially gone in and saved Nagash from being charged/at least gummed up the works and I might have had him last longer. He's not as indestructable as I had hoped.

Every turn I wasted 3-5 RDP. Speed bump, Bludgeon, Duty, Nagash's thing. One use of Wedge.

Thinking about it.. Petrifex always has All Out Defense. Always doesn't pay for battleshock immunity. I'm not sure it's as bad as I thought it was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One question about the Harvester. My friends uses his ability like a 4++ but I think its not correct. I think you chose a model within 3“ around the harvester and roll the die. If he pass its ok and you roll for another one. If not, this model is dead and you take the next model. But If you lost models by not pass the die you have to remove models within 3“ around the harvester because you decided to use his effect, right?

Is it legal to chose one model every time for this effect? Example: I roll a die and dont pass it. One model dies. Than I chose the next one, pass the die roll, replace the first dead model and Start again to roll with the reanimated model? Or triggers the effect once per model?

Im asking because this effect seems like another after save after the ward save 

1 hour ago, Drazhoath said:

One question about the Harvester. My friends uses his ability like a 4++ but I think its not correct. I think you chose a model within 3“ around the harvester and roll the die. If he pass its ok and you roll for another one. If not, this model is dead and you take the next model. But If you lost models by not pass the die you have to remove models within 3“ around the harvester because you decided to use his effect, right?

Is it legal to chose one model every time for this effect? Example: I roll a die and dont pass it. One model dies. Than I chose the next one, pass the die roll, replace the first dead model and Start again to roll with the reanimated model? Or triggers the effect once per model?

Im asking because this effect seems like another after save after the ward save 

yeah as long as u keep making the 4+ u can recycle the same guy, however as u say if u fail the roll and there is no more models within 3 you cant keep rolling for other wounds allocated to the unit. so in many cases it works like another after save, in particular if u have many models close to the harvester, although it's not exactly that

Well.. standing in the shower, I remember that Finest Hour is a thing.

In my game, Nagash went down to a lot of mortals and high volume of -2 rend guns. He'd have probably gotten another turn if I had remembered it instead of trying to heal.

15 hours ago, Obeisance said:

Thinking about it.. Petrifex always has All Out Defense. Always doesn't pay for battleshock immunity. I'm not sure it's as bad as I thought it was.

Ignore rend 1 is not the same as +1 save. It is strictly worse against rend 0 attacks. Not saying it isn't good, but all out defense/+1 save is better. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2021 at 3:09 PM, woolf said:

yeah as long as u keep making the 4+ u can recycle the same guy, however as u say if u fail the roll and there is no more models within 3 you cant keep rolling for other wounds allocated to the unit. so in many cases it works like another after save, in particular if u have many models close to the harvester, although it's not exactly that

Doesn't work like that anymore, unfortunately. Slain models are all removed at once now, so you can't keep recycling the same Mortek until it fails a harvester roll. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sooper88 said:

Doesn't work like that anymore, unfortunately. Slain models are all removed at once now, so you can't keep recycling the same Mortek until it fails a harvester roll. 

ah 3.0 change, thx for pointing that out

On 8/2/2021 at 5:29 AM, Obeisance said:

Duh?

I know. It's just functionally similar against attacks with any rend.

+++ Mod Hat On +++
Just a nudge. Not sure if you meant this to be a friendly “Duh” or a sarcastic one. It comes across as sarcastic and we like to treat everybody nicely here, so in the future please be mindful about that. Thanks

• Like 2

Greetings Boneshapers,

I'm building a small OBR project, a 1.5k list and I was thinking of including Katakros because I absolutely love the model. Should he be played at that level or only be reserved for 2k games?  I would run morteks, a harvester, deathriders, a soulmason and the man himself. I mean is it too much points for 1.5k to put on a single model? I hope that makes sense :)

Edited by Jabbuk

5 hours ago, Jabbuk said:

Should he be played at that level or only be reserved for 2k games?

- - - Disclaimer - - - 

I don’t play OBR, I don’t play competitively…

Ask again if you’re working on a Nagash list at 1,5k 🤣

450-500 point centerpiece is not throwing off all balance and composition within your list. My FEC court always sports a 450pts Ghoulking on Terrorgheist beyond 1k, just to keep the opponent busy. usually the same for Soulblight with a Lord on Dragon, although they have a lot of very good intermediate options at 200-350 points.

And back in the old days of LoN I played 800point Nagash in a 1k list, was great fun, great wins and terrible losses 🥳

You just have to think about your plan, who is supposed to deal damage, who is supposed to be fast and who gets to be the anvil…

but Katakros makes a very solid centerpiece with the big buff/heal and support aura, finest hour and all out defense giving him 20hp at 2+ with healing and recovery 

he doesn’t do damage, but if he sits on the Centre objective, your opponent is going to hate you 😆

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Honk said:

- - - Disclaimer - - - 

I don’t play OBR, I don’t play competitively…

Ask again if you’re working on a Nagash list at 1,5k 🤣

450-500 point centerpiece is not throwing off all balance and composition within your list. My FEC court always sports a 450pts Ghoulking on Terrorgheist beyond 1k, just to keep the opponent busy. usually the same for Soulblight with a Lord on Dragon, although they have a lot of very good intermediate options at 200-350 points.

And back in the old days of LoN I played 800point Nagash in a 1k list, was great fun, great wins and terrible losses 🥳

You just have to think about your plan, who is supposed to deal damage, who is supposed to be fast and who gets to be the anvil…

but Katakros makes a very solid centerpiece with the big buff/heal and support aura, finest hour and all out defense giving him 20hp at 2+ with healing and recovery 

he doesn’t do damage, but if he sits on the Centre objective, your opponent is going to hate you 😆

So when you run Mortis Preatorians with Katakros, do you make him your General by default? I'm guessing yes because he has a special CA that can only be used if he's the general, but at the same time I'm not sure because we're losing on the artefact and command trait? Anyways, just curious if he should always be the general in MP.

28 minutes ago, Jabbuk said:

So when you run Mortis Preatorians with Katakros, do you make him your General by default? I'm guessing yes because he has a special CA that can only be used if he's the general, but at the same time I'm not sure because we're losing on the artefact and command trait? Anyways, just curious if he should always be the general in MP.

He now always counts as your general, even if you select another one due to the most recent faq. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Btimmy said:

He now always counts as your general, even if you select another one due to the most recent faq. 

So, I've read the FAQ and it says that Katakros counts as A general and not THE general of your army. It says "even if it's not the one chosen to be a general." Does this mean that we get 2 generals in the army or it means that it overrules your general choice and become the only general?

3 hours ago, Jabbuk said:

So when you run Mortis Preatorians

I end up in jail for theft... don‘t play/own OBR 🥳 as I said above my Statement 

Not sure about your rules, but like @Btimmy wrote with AoS 3.0 you (I in SB or FEC) can always choose a „generic“ general for trait & artifact, the others get the „also count as, in addition“ treatment, so supreme thingy should be safe ...

but Glutos from the hedonites is about the same point range, a bunch of other models are just short of 500 and pretty decent above 1k (gotrek/ kroak/ MegabossCabbage...).
Just a lot of concentrated power, so tricky to wield and with a big target on its back.

• Like 1

Hi again Ossiarch generals,

Ive been trying to figure out the models I should buy for my 1.5k list of Mortis Preatorians. Here's my sample list:

Allegiance: Ossiarch Bonereapers
- Legion: Mortis Praetorians
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:
Arch-Kavalos Zandtos (205)
Katakros, Mortarch of the Necropolis (470)
- General
Mortisan Soulmason (140)
20 x Mortek Guard (280)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (190)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
Mortek Crawler (215)

Total: 1500 / 1500
Reinforced Units: 1 / 3
Allies: 0 / 300
Wounds: 80
Drops: 6

Do you have any advice on if I should take a Mortek Crawler or a Gothizzar Harvester? I had the Gothizzar in first for the healing and monster keyword but with Katakros in, maybe it's overkill for healing? What do you guys think?