AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

I don't really feel a pull towards or away from any particular units for ivory host mechanically, so if you want an ivory host army for thematic/narrative reasons, I'd just take any old petrifex list and swap out the subfaction choice.

I just finished painting my Nagash. So i want to field him of course.

What do you think of this Nagash-list?

Big boneman, some bodies, some speed, some monster, some predator.

Allegiance: Ossiarch Bonereapers
- Legion: Petrifex Elite
- Grand Strategy: 
- Triumphs: 

Leaders
Nagash, Supreme Lord of the Undead (970)
- General
- Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal

Battleline
20 x Mortek Guard (280)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
- Reinforced x 1
20 x Mortek Guard (280)
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (190)

Behemoths
Gothizzar Harvester (215)

Endless Spells & Invocations
Nightmare Predator (65)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 81

32C39E2A-D0E3-4EF6-8674-01E32561EC15.jpeg

Edited by Archibald
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

I had a great game against nurgle, the obr playability is still good and the game is overall better than aos2.

Few points:

I used a lot of RDP although I thought: "I would not use any"

Arkhan is really good

Katakross is STILL really good

Endless spells cost hurt us, we can't play what we want and a good endless, something need to be cut.

I played a fun list but effective

Great victory for OBR.

Edited by baiardo
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, baiardo said:

I had a great game against nurgle, the obr playability is still good and the game is overall better than aos2.

Few points:

I used a lot of RDP although I thought: "I would not use any"

Arkhan is really good

Katakross is STILL really good

Endless spells cost hurt us, we can't play what we want and a good endless, something need to be cut.

I played a fun list but effective

Great victory for OBR.

What list did you take? 

- Legion: Mortis Praetorians
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Katakros, Mortarch of the Necropolis (470)
Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament (360)
Vokmortian, Master of the Bone-tithe (155)
- General

Battleline
20 x Mortek Guard (280)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Mortek Guard (140)
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (190)

Units
3 x Immortis Guard (190)
2 x Morghast Archai (190)
- Spirit Halberds

The Burning Head (20)

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 106

For the report, blightkings lose 2models(8wounds) only for battleshock in one turn, he would have had to lose 3 models if it weren't for his hero..haha too fun XD

Opponent list:
Allegiance: Nurgle
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Horticulous Slimux (225)
Fecula Flyblown (190)
Lord of Afflictions (180)
- General
Great Unclean One (350)
- Plague Flail & Massive Bilesword

Battleline
10 x Putrid Blightkings (330)
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Putrid Blightkings (165)
6 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (555)
- Reinforced x 2

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Wounds: 141

Edited by baiardo

Is Katakros really worth running still?  +1 armor is good, but it's not ~that~ much better than the petrifex rend malus, and it seems like the big challenge with RDP in 3e won't be generating enough of it, it will be finding uses for even a relatively small handful of points now that you can't use the same CA multiple times in a phase.  That makes Katakros's massive RDP generation feel kind of redundant, where as bludgeon is even more valuable than before.

18 minutes ago, Sception said:

Is Katakros really worth running still?  +1 armor is good, but it's not ~that~ much better than the petrifex rend malus, and it seems like the big challenge with RDP in 3e won't be generating enough of it, it will be finding uses for even a relatively small handful of points now that you can't use the same CA multiple times in a phase.  That makes Katakros's massive RDP generation feel kind of redundant, where as bludgeon is even more valuable than before.

Imho, yes, worth run him, +1armor and +1to hit is really a great buff and +1 to attack make me let the liege kavalos in the park bench.

Now, we can build list even without him, that's the advantage of this edition and this possibility is also great, add variety in the list construction process.

• Like 1

He also still potentially denies a CP, and gives out a -1 to hit to anything you want. These are less valuable now of course, but mystic shield and all out attack on your whole army for 1 rdp still seems like the best thing you can be doing.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Btimmy said:

He also still potentially denies a CP, and gives out a -1 to hit to anything you want. These are less valuable now of course, but mystic shield and all out attack on your whole army for 1 rdp still seems like the best thing you can be doing.  

Yep, I had some luck but every turn I denied a CP and for nurgle that's hurt..I see that on myoppo face, and also the -1 to blightlords was super helpful, 10mortek survived 1turn more for that.

I destroyed the enemy army at the start of the 4th turn and I lose the immortis guard+10mortek guard.

Edited by baiardo

Next game is against tzeentch, the list is more or less this:

archaon

belakor

chaos sorcer lord x2

the bluescribes

10x2 kairic acolytes

3x screamer

spell: doom sigil

At the current state I don't know if I want to use crawlers, infact I'm tempted to field nagash, what's the best advice/list you can give me against that list..archaon is really tough.

I'm thinking something like this:

- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Nagash, Supreme Lord of the Undead (970)
Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament (360)

Battleline
20 x Mortek Guard (280)
- Reinforced x 1

Total: 1990 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 1 / 4
Wounds: 77

Edited by baiardo

57 minutes ago, Shirtripper said:

Just to be clear, Necropolis Stalkers/Immortis Guards can't issue their command abilities since they don't have a unit leader right?

They have the Hekatos keyword, which allows them to give themselves the command. 

14 minutes ago, Btimmy said:

They have the Hekatos keyword, which allows them to give themselves the command. 

Where is mentioned that the Hekatos keyword grants the ability to issue commands?

The only times I see Hekatos mentioned as being able to issue commands is the pre-FAQ wording on Unstoppable Advance and on Deathless Warriors. The Hekatos keyword is never referenced in regards to issuing commands so far as I can tell.  The designer's commentary calls out that commands are issued by the unit leaders which is still true in 3.0, but in 2.0 the Stalkers could issue commands to themselves because that's what their warscroll said.

Stalkers/Immortis don't have unit leaders, and the FAQ did not clarify beyond that. RAW, they wouldn't be able to issue their command is how my local group have been interpreting it unless there's something critical I'm overlooking?

2 hours ago, Shirtripper said:

Where is mentioned that the Hekatos keyword grants the ability to issue commands?

The only times I see Hekatos mentioned as being able to issue commands is the pre-FAQ wording on Unstoppable Advance and on Deathless Warriors. The Hekatos keyword is never referenced in regards to issuing commands so far as I can tell.  The designer's commentary calls out that commands are issued by the unit leaders which is still true in 3.0, but in 2.0 the Stalkers could issue commands to themselves because that's what their warscroll said.

Stalkers/Immortis don't have unit leaders, and the FAQ did not clarify beyond that. RAW, they wouldn't be able to issue their command is how my local group have been interpreting it unless there's something critical I'm overlooking?

This is clearly an oversight.

The fact that your group has interpreted it as RAW is worrisome, regardless of whether it is technically correct or not right now. 

2 hours ago, Heijoshin said:

This is clearly an oversight.

The fact that your group has interpreted it as RAW is worrisome, regardless of whether it is technically correct or not right now. 

Even the YTchannel face hammer has interpreted it like the @Shirtripper's group.

They can't provide itself their own CA.

Yeah we need a new battletome.

Edited by baiardo

11 minutes ago, baiardo said:

Even the YTchannel face hammer has interpreted it like the @Shirtripper's group.

They can't provide itself their own CA.

Yeah we need a new battletome.

I'm not questioning the validity of the RAW interpretation. I too also agree it is interpreted that way. It's a question of whether the RAW interpretation should take precedence when it clearly goes against the spirit of what they intended with OBR. There are many instances where GW have changed something that allows something crazy, but people have been reasonable in judging that it wasn't intended that way, and have thus ruled they won't follow it. This is one of those instances. 

I saw the same vid btw, and they also said that this will probably get FAQ'd in the next round. Which I also expect. 

21 minutes ago, Heijoshin said:

I'm not questioning the validity of the RAW interpretation. I too also agree it is interpreted that way. It's a question of whether the RAW interpretation should take precedence when it clearly goes against the spirit of what they intended with OBR. There are many instances where GW have changed something that allows something crazy, but people have been reasonable in judging that it wasn't intended that way, and have thus ruled they won't follow it. This is one of those instances. 

I saw the same vid btw, and they also said that this will probably get FAQ'd in the next round. Which I also expect. 

Yeah, I agree totally with you 100%!

1 minute ago, baiardo said:

Yeah, I agree totally with you 100%!

And I agree with you that we need a new book. I just want GW to fix what is currently broken until we get it and my worry is that we won't get that. GW like to leave things a little broken, so when the next book comes out, people are even more eager to get it, thinking it will solve all our problems. Maybe a bit on the conspiracy theory side of thinking, but I imagine there is a least a smidgen of truth to it. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Archibald said:

I just noticed in the FAQ that you are able to throw a dice for each of your harvesters if a model is slain within 3" of any harvester.

Could there be a strategy?

Do you mean this bit from the FAQ?

Page 109 – Gothizzar Harvester, Bone Harvest

Change the first sentence to: ‘Roll a dice each time a model is slain within 3" of any models with this ability.’

Because that actually says the opposite: You roll a dice each time a model is slain within range of any (that is, one or more) Harvesters. So it means you only roll one dice per model no matter how many Harvesters are in range.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Do you mean this bit from the FAQ?

Because that actually says the opposite: You roll a dice each time a model is slain within range of any (that is, one or more) Harvesters. So it means you only roll one dice per model no matter how many Harvesters are in range.

Thanks for the clarification!

Yesterday i finished my last OBR model (along with some endless spells). I declare the army complete...for now.😛

So now playtesting begins. I played a 2k game with Nagash against some treefolk yesterday and today i will be playing either Sylvaneth or LRL with some shark alies at 1k5.

List for today:

- Legion: Mortis Praetorians
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: 

Leaders
Katakros, Mortarch of the Necropolis (470)
- General
Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament (360)

Battleline
20 x Mortek Guard (280) in Hunters of the Heartlands
- 1x Soulcleaver Greatblades
- Reinforced x 1
10 x Mortek Guard (140) in Hunters of the Heartlands
10 x Mortek Guard (140) in Hunters of the Heartlands