AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

I'm already thinking I'm going to do this to morgheists in the army 

Morghast+Archai.jpg

I might even grab some of the broken tombs off his site to do them the same way 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/skullforgescenics

However it is I think for the Bonereapers the morgheists should be marching with a menacing pose rather than flying on their wings. Though I'm tempted to keep some of the ghost parts on the lower part of the wings, model it so that its erupting out of the ground as if their passage tears the dead from the earth

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

17 minutes ago, Overread said:

I'm already thinking I'm going to do this to morgheists in the army 

Morghast+Archai.jpg

I might even grab some of the broken tombs off his site to do them the same way 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/skullforgescenics

However it is I think for the Bonereapers the morgheists should be marching with a menacing pose rather than flying on their wings. Though I'm tempted to keep some of the ghost parts on the lower part of the wings, model it so that its erupting out of the ground as if their passage tears the dead from the earth

Know we are talking  nice piece for brute role damn it know i want one for my own army

• Haha 1

I was going for red as well, simply because my old Tomb Kings used to be red. So basically nostalgia reasons. ^^

Good question on the bone colour though. My Slaanesh are already an oily black, so I'm hesitating painting these with black bones. I think I'll need to do some test models before I can decide on one thing or another.

Edited by Panzer

6 hours ago, Overread said:

I still can't decide if I want to go with a bone bone colour or something like black bones. Then there's the whole question of the internal skulls - bone colour as well (easy) or coloured bright for magic!

Inside skulls should be fluorescent whatever. Pictures are ******, but here is my Arkhan (working on the Morghasts now). For the ghost effect I more or less stole @BangDoll guide 

Arkhan_22_Full.jpeg

More crappy pictures of my Arkhan http://www.jammerjun.net/tartofig/2019/04/08/arkhan/

• Like 3

Have we heard anything of how the Morghast work in  the army? I know that we've seen them on the back group photo and we've also heard of them being "in the battletome" from those attending the Nova, but have we heard any specifics? Such as if the army has sub-armies within it and the Morghasts only appear in one or if they are counted as special allies or fully part of the army? 

I've got an itch to make a start on some Reapers and October is a long way off. If we can get some nice confirmations on Morghasts it would give something that could be worked on in advance of the Tome releasing. 

So far if I recall right we've only confirmation that Arkhan appears in the army and in the book directly. 

38 minutes ago, Overread said:

Have we heard anything of how the Morghast work in  the army? I know that we've seen them on the back group photo and we've also heard of them being "in the battletome" from those attending the Nova, but have we heard any specifics? Such as if the army has sub-armies within it and the Morghasts only appear in one or if they are counted as special allies or fully part of the army? 

I've got an itch to make a start on some Reapers and October is a long way off. If we can get some nice confirmations on Morghasts it would give something that could be worked on in advance of the Tome releasing. 

So far if I recall right we've only confirmation that Arkhan appears in the army and in the book directly. 

I imagine Morghasts will be available as a choice no matter what the army composition. The only characters I see affected by that could be Arkhan and maybe nagash. 

I am hoping this tome goes more the FEC and 2.0 tome route with the various Courts or whatever they will be called in this case, and does not follow the NH style where you are stuck with just one. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pseudonyme said:

Inside skulls should be fluorescent whatever. Pictures are ******, but here is my Arkhan (working on the Morghasts now). For the ghost effect I more or less stole @BangDoll guide 

Arkhan_22_Full.jpeg

More crappy pictures of my Arkhan http://www.jammerjun.net/tartofig/2019/04/08/arkhan/

wow. wish I saw this before painting my death rattle. the grey looks better than the  earthy brown yellow skeletons

So something I hadn't noticed previously was a small reference to what sounds like the Ossiarchs in the main rulebook, in the background section about the draining of the Khaptar Sea.

Having seen Nagash’s citadel on the horizon, the orruks and their ogor allies made haste out of the basin and onto the dry, crumbling land that was home to Nagash’s greatest stronghold. They were met with phalanxes of Nagash’s finest garrison troops – creatures made from refashioned bone and sinew, each larger and more bizarre than the last.

Given how far in advance these things are written, this could well have been based off of early design work for the faction. It was a surprise to see it, along with the amount of reference made to Kurnoth. I suspect we'll see this pre-Necroquake battle somewhere in the battletome's timeline, with the Necroquake possibly spurring them/Nagash to go forth as conquerors rather than as a defensive force.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting point that's likely worth putting in the opening post (both this one and the proper 2.0 thread when the Tome appears). 

The Mortarch kit from GW, from which you can build Arkhan and the other mounted Mortarchs; is also included in the "Start Collecting Skeleton Horde" boxed set. What isn't apparent on the GW store is that if you look at the prices for both from 3rd parties, because the Mortatch kit on its own is an old direct order only kit; its actually about the same (there's a few £/$ difference higher and lower depending on the store) as buying the Skeleton Horde set from a 3rd party store.

So do check the prices, at best you get some skeletons to practice painting or begin an allied death force with. You could even ebay or trade them off if you really don't want the skeletons; though the base Arkhan has abilities that tie into the summonable deathrattle models so they might actually have a use even within a Bonereapers army - depends how the rules pan out. 

But it's something worth keeping in mind if you're looking at picking up the model.