AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

22 hours ago, Cheesemaster said:

Hi

New to OBR, and I'm currently gluing stalkers

Question is, only spirit blades or 2 spiritblades and a dread?

Thanks

I prefer all of them with spirit blades if your tournament is WYSIWIS (what you see...).

20 hours ago, Lionheart said:

Hello. I play in a semi-competitive local club and time to time we do some tournament aswell. I know Petrifex has been nerfed to the ground but what do u guys think about that 2k list?

Petrifex Elite
Arkhan
Liege Kavalos  General - Helm of the ordained
Soulmason Godbone Armour - Arcane Command

Mortek x 20
Mortek x 10
Mortek x 10

Aegis Immortal Battallion

Immortis x 3
Immortis x 3
Morghast x 2 

Geminids - Pendulum - Prismatic Palisade / Predator

I though that you can use kavalos instead of morteks if you´re playing Petrifex.

Also I prefer bigger units of Mortek Guards: 20-40.

I think that one unit of Inmortis is enough for Arkhan, and I hate Morghast: each dice you fail is critic. I think you can do that work better with Kavalos and/or Stalkers.

Also, Here you have the sencond battle report of the tournament vs demons. Probably in 2 days you will have the great final:

2 hours ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

I prefer all of them with spirit blades if your tournament is WYSIWIS (what you see...).

I though that you can use kavalos instead of morteks if you´re playing Petrifex.

Also I prefer bigger units of Mortek Guards: 20-40.

I think that one unit of Inmortis is enough for Arkhan, and I hate Morghast: each dice you fail is critic. I think you can do that work better with Kavalos and/or Stalkers.

First of all thx for the reply. I got 2 units of kavalos, and i like to play alot in the hero phase, do u think something like that would work better?

Petrifex Elite

Arkhan
Soulmason Godbone Armour - Arcane Command

Mortek x 20

Mortek x 20

Kavalos x 5

Kavalos x 5

Immortis x 3

Kavalos Lance battallion

Geminids - Pendulum

13 hours ago, Lionheart said:

First of all thx for the reply. I got 2 units of kavalos, and i like to play alot in the hero phase, do u think something like that would work better?

Petrifex Elite

Arkhan
Soulmason Godbone Armour - Arcane Command

Mortek x 20

Mortek x 20

Kavalos x 5

Kavalos x 5

Immortis x 3

Kavalos Lance battallion

Geminids - Pendulum

Yes, that´s probably better!!

I worry about there not being enough morteks.  Maybe trade the mason and the geminids for a harvester to prop them up a bit?  Arkhan's already bringing a fair bit of casting.  That would cost you the artefact on the Liege, though, so it may not actually be better in practice.

My problem with harvesters is the big amount of shooting of this game, but yes, Arkhan is enough magic for me (and I love the soulmason, best wizard cost/effectivity). Maybe drop 1 unit of kavalos and the battalion and try to upload both units of morteks up to 40 (and the soulmason if you need).

Probably some people can say that 40 morteks are too much, but the price is better and they are shall no fear, so...

I just tried my BR after the nerf and they´re still amazing, I feel like they should give some options for defending against shooting units, but the mortek guard is still hard as nails, and trying new legions I discovered that I love staliach lords, running and charching and running and charging again is very funny. 

Can anyone recomend good synergies for a fast army? I use liege kavalos near my cavalry to give them+1 attack but I feel like I could buff them more, Are there any spells to increase attacks or something that buffs speed?

The empower nadarite weapons spell is the only other way to get extra attacks on Mortek or Deathriders.  You could also add the bone tithe shreiker for +1 to hit.

I ran a new Stalliarch Lords list last night against a Fangs of Sotek list with Kroak.  I killed 65 skinks in the first turn.  Which was fun.

On 8/31/2020 at 10:51 AM, El Antiguo Guardián said:

Yes, that´s probably better!!

At the end i'm trying something similar to your list and man, it's a real blast.

Atm i'm testig this and by far the most competing list i played with great results:

Mortis Praetorian

Katakros (general)

Soulmason (Empower nadirite weapnons)

Soulreaper (artefact -3 rend on wep / Drain vitality)

Mortek x 20

Mortek x 20

Kavalos x 10

Stalker x 6

Just one thing i'm concerned about, is it worth to run the 2 soulblade in the units of morteks? Or just go ith the nadirite weps?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionheart said:

At the end i'm trying something similar to your list and man, it's a real blast.

Atm i'm testig this and by far the most competing list i played with great results:

Mortis Praetorian

Katakros (general)

Soulmason (Empower nadirite weapnons)

Soulreaper (artefact -3 rend on wep / Drain vitality)

Mortek x 20

Mortek x 20

Kavalos x 10

Stalker x 6

Just one thing i'm concerned about, is it worth to run the 2 soulblade in the units of morteks? Or just go ith the nadirite weps?

Umm I don´t like Soulreaper´s, but the model is cool (in other army he can be a good wizard, but in ours...). But your list is great and you said that you have 10 kavalos, so win the tournament and tell us the battle reports!!

I´m using 1 soulblade for each 10 morteks always.

Tomorrow I will do the last battle report of the tournament, the big final vs Kharadron!! When I have it I will post the video here!

35 minutes ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

Umm I don´t like Soulreaper´s, but the model is cool (in other army he can be a good wizard, but in ours...). But your list is great and you said that you have 10 kavalos, so win the tournament and tell us the battle reports!!

I´m using 1 soulblade for each 10 morteks always.

Tomorrow I will do the last battle report of the tournament, the big final vs Kharadron!! When I have it I will post the video here!

Thx for the good luck!

I know the soulreaper is not that great expecially for the point cost, but it's  a model i really care about since it's a gift by my gf (but with new ghb i think he is not totally useless since being a hero/wizard could make him score some more point, in addiction i really like both empower nadirite weps and drain vitality so the possibility to cast both can be useful sometimes!)

I asked to my local club friends to bring some competitive lists for testing it out before the tournament, and thuesday will be OBR vs Sylvaneth, will write here results and sort of a BR :).

P.s. @El Antiguo Guardián, thx for all the reply and the hints, appreciate really much! And waiting for the last battle report vs the flying dwarves!

Edited by Lionheart
  • Like 1

I'm having a game against Seraphon or Tzeentch tomorrow. It is a casual game but against a good player and his armies are well built.

I am thinking of the following list

Legion: Mortis Praetorians

Katakros

Arkhan

20x Mortek Guard

20x Mortek Guard

5x Kavalos Deathriders

Mortek Crawler

Mortek Crawler

Nightmare Predator

What are your thoughts? My experience so far has been that Mortek Guard in 20s die quite fast against strong units. The alternative would be to have 40x and 20x but then I'd have only 2 units to control any objectives.

In my army I can theoretically release another 30 Mortek Guards, 2 Harvesters and 1 Boneshaper.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

37 minutes ago, daf said:

I'm having a game against Seraphon or Tzeentch tomorrow. It is a casual game but against a good player and his armies are well built.

I am thinking of the following list

Legion: Mortis Praetorians

Katakros

Arkhan

20x Mortek Guard

20x Mortek Guard

5x Kavalos Deathriders

Mortek Crawler

Mortek Crawler

Nightmare Predator

What are your thoughts? My experience so far has been that Mortek Guard in 20s die quite fast against strong units. The alternative would be to have 40x and 20x but then I'd have only 2 units to control any objectives.

In my army I can theoretically release another 30 Mortek Guards, 2 Harvesters and 1 Boneshaper.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Are you going to roll for the realm? Or just ignore it/use a pre-select one?

I wanted to include Arkhan to block some of their magic. Isn't it worth it?

If not, I'd put

Katakros

Boneshaper

20x Morteks

20x Morteks

20x Morteks

5x Kavalos

Mortek Crawler

Mortek Crawler

I tested this before and was quite robust but I had to be careful not to lose too many morteks. In my last game I was left with a single block of morteks, Katakros and both crawlers. Thankfully time was up and I won ;)

5 hours ago, Lionheart said:

i think the problem with crawlers now is that in a matched play you have a 50% to nearly autoloose if your opponent roll higher and choose ulgu.

If game options are that toxic then they aren’t worth playing with.  WAAC Players are the worst.  

7 hours ago, Evil Bob said:

If game options are that toxic then they aren’t worth playing with.  WAAC Players are the worst.  

Well i don't think it's toxic to give players the opportunity to mitigate the power of shooting meta, also if u spend all your fire force in 2 broken pieces that destroy evrything in 36" radius it's fair for an opponent to counter this.

2 hours ago, Lionheart said:

Well i don't think it's toxic to give players the opportunity to mitigate the power of shooting meta, also if u spend all your fire force in 2 broken pieces that destroy evrything in 36" radius it's fair for an opponent to counter this.

If OBR had that kind of advantage their ITC rankings would have been significantly higher.  Rather their tournament “win” ranking in general would be.  LRL and Seraphon both already have means to ignore blocking terrain.  Khadron mobility on sky-vessels and balloon-boys can lessen the effect on their shooting.  So it’s rather convenient we have a broken realm that mostly effects older or basic books.

Personally I’m not a fav of adding another battlefield complexity set-up that is apparently forced by match play rules.  That material should have stayed optional for when there is time and will to do it.

41 minutes ago, Evil Bob said:

If OBR had that kind of advantage their ITC rankings would have been significantly higher.  Rather their tournament “win” ranking in general would be.  LRL and Seraphon both already have means to ignore blocking terrain.  Khadron mobility on sky-vessels and balloon-boys can lessen the effect on their shooting.  So it’s rather convenient we have a broken realm that mostly effects older or basic books.

Personally I’m not a fav of adding another battlefield complexity set-up that is apparently forced by match play rules.  That material should have stayed optional for when there is time and will to do it.

Mmmh Petrifex + double catapult dominated the meta till the nerf in truth. And personally i'm in favour of evrything that makes games and strategies more deep, and another terrain feature gives alot of deeps, since you are forced to build a list thinking about that aswell, and not only watching warscrolls etc. but that's only my opinion, and glad those changes happened.

Edited by Lionheart

Thank you very much for your feedback and the discussion.

So I played against Tzeench and picked the list without Arkhan. I made one big mistake and wasn't lucky with my shooting so I lost but it was real fun and morteks did stand strong. 

Next time I am going to try Katakros, 2 crawlers, 2 harvesters, 40 + 10 + 10 morteks. I believe it's gonna be fun.

• Like 1