AoS 2 - Ossiarch Bonereapers Discussion

Still-young

Alot of people are using it seems Petrifex elite,  crematorians n I've seen stalliarch lords....has anyone tried the Null Myriads? I'm very curious making a liege kavalos-1 to hit n -1 bravery with the baleful blade. 

3 minutes ago, Scgt said:

Alot of people are using it seems Petrifex elite,  crematorians n I've seen stalliarch lords....has anyone tried the Null Myriads? I'm very curious making a liege kavalos-1 to hit n -1 bravery with the baleful blade. 

Petrifex is considered the best, due to the +1 to save and also the -1 rend legion ability. I would assume Null Myriad would be pretty strong against a spell caster heavy matchup.

I played Null Myriad in my first game last sunday against my friends living city. 

He had a lot of spell casters, but my ability was useless, they were all buff his his guys XD

Im excited to try it out on his Nurgle list, he usually brings a lot of casters.

It does seem like the weakest legion if your going against little to no magic though, in my opinion.

If I'm reading it right the baleful blade can go through anything no saves. So anyone trying to put ethereal amulet on or someone like gotrek this will go through n no fnp saves. Liege has 3 attacks but u can get him to 5 attacks hitting on 2s rerolling 1s. With soulmason, liege ability n katakros.  So could cause 10 wounds unsaveable n his mortal wounds going in when  he charges. 

1 minute ago, Scgt said:

If I'm reading it right the baleful blade can go through anything no saves. So anyone trying to put ethereal amulet on or someone like gotrek this will go through n no fnp saves. Liege has 3 attacks but u can get him to 5 attacks hitting on 2s rerolling 1s. With soulmason, liege ability n katakros.  So could cause 10 wounds unsaveable n his mortal wounds going in when  he charges. 

That's how I read it. Seems like the saving grace for Null Myriad if you opponent has little magic.

2 minutes ago, KhorneySteve said:

I'm due to be fighting Nighthaunt next week but its 1.5k with 3 battle lines so proving very difficult to write a list for especially as I'm trying to fit a battalion in there as well. Also unsure what legion to run (if any) any help appreciated. 

Im wondering if myriad might be good for you.  Depending if they guy bring Olyander an Reikanor the antinmagic will help.

Stalliarch lords might be good too with the run and charge, they will be quicker than you.🤔

@KhorneySteve I'm thinking about one of these at 1500

Allegiance: Ossiarch Bonereapers
- Legion: Petrifex Elite
Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament (360)
Mortisan Soulmason (140)
- General
- Trait: Mighty Archaeossian
- Artefact: Godbone Armour
- Lore of Mortisans: Empower Nadirite Weapons
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
10 x Mortek Guard (130)
3 x Necropolis Stalkers (200)
Mortek Shield-corps (120)
Bone-tithe Shrieker (30)

Total: 1500 / 1500
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 78

Or

Liege-Kavalos (200)
- General
- Artefact: Helm of the Ordained
Mortisan Boneshaper (130)
- Lore of Mortisans: Drain Vitality
Mortisan Soulmason (140)
- Artefact: Godbone Armor
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
10 x Mortek Guard (130)
Mortek Crawler (200)
Bone-tithe Shrieker (30)
Soulstealer Carrion (20)

Total: 1490 / 1500
Wounds: 79

Edited by relic456

6 hours ago, relic456 said:

@KhorneySteve I'm thinking about one of these at 1500

Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament (360)
Mortisan Soulmason (140)
- General
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
10 x Mortek Guard (130)
3 x Necropolis Stalkers (200)
Bone-tithe Shrieker (30)

Total: 1500 / 1500
Wounds: 78

Or

Liege-Kavalos (200)
- General
- Artefact: Helm of the Ordained
Mortisan Boneshaper (130)
- Lore of Mortisans: Drain Vitality
Mortisan Soulmason (140)
- Artefact: Godbone Armor
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
10 x Mortek Guard (130)
Mortek Crawler (200)
Bone-tithe Shrieker (30)
Soulstealer Carrion (20)

Total: 1490 / 1500
Wounds: 79

Now this I like, not too much from my build pile either so reckon I could easily have it ready for then, also thinking Petrifex is going to be the best against them as well. 

Was debating Katakros but not used him yet so unsure how survivable he is. 

@relic456 I would say run the first list with Arkhan, but if you're facing Nighthaunt then switch the stalkers for a crawler. Even just the threat of sniping out your opponents heroes will make your opponent change up their whole battle plan, and the extra rend on stalkers wont mean anything. Extra damage sure, but if they get shademisted or soul caged its gonna hurt too much.

On 1/16/2020 at 9:31 PM, Gwendar said:

I mean.. if he has Archaon I would be prioritizing him as he's more than just a distraction carnifex. I've yet to play them myself since their update as our one local guy that runs them has been busy with CoS and IJ.. but I have a feeling he may bust them out soon.

I will say, with the nerf to the Nurgle ability from the Daemon Prince, you'll likely be a bit better off as you won't be auto-killing yourself by attacking a unit with that buff. Knights can put out a lot of damage, so I would be wary of that.. though, so can Mortek and your 6 Stalkers. It will likely come down to cat and mouse tactics and playing for a double-turn to wipe 1-3 units out and ensuring you aren't letting those Stalkers get charged.

*snip*

Edited by Mackattk

1 hour ago, Mackattk said:

As you can see, the difference is just in the how the stalkers and morghast are arranged. I could even go Morghast x4 (but perhaps a bit overkill?). I am really just unsure. The 2nd battalion gives me the chance to go with HotO, as I think that the shrieker will be a bit redundant with all the dispels going off to try and get rid of it - and even if it doesn't, means I can spread out this +1 to hit to more units. I guess the only reason I am hesitant about going for the double battallion is in case Archaon is on the table, and 6 Stalkers can wipe him out much easy than just 3. Then again a unit of 3 can do some work still if buffed up enough. 

What do people think between the two options? Could there be anything else I am missing? 

The reason you run larger units is for buffs generally. I love 6 Stalkers but don't care much for 3.. but 2x3 is fine, just keep in mind if you wanted to get Soul-Guide on them you would need it twice.

I dunno.. I'd try the double battalion, but I don't play anything higher than 2k so hard for me to properly gauge as balance starts getting a little out of whack. The only problem I have personally is just the fact that Shrieker is unreliable (since it's a spell and prone to failing.. especially against Tzeentch) compared to Katakros' +1 to hit aura.. but obviously that's a huge points difference 😅. I really feel it when I lose that +1, but.. I guess it isn't 100% necessary. Curious to see how it goes for you.

Had my first game with them last night with this list:

Leaders
Mortisan Boneshaper (130)
- General
- Trait: Mighty Archaeossian
- Artefact: Godbone Armour
- Lore of Mortisans: Arcane Command
Vokmortian, Master of the Bone-tithe (180)

Battleline
10 x Mortek Guard (130)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield
10 x Mortek Guard (130)
- Nadirite Blade and Shield

Units
2 x Morghast Harbingers (210)
- Spirit Halberds
2 x Morghast Harbingers (210)
- Spirit Halberds

Total: 990 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 55

Played the scenario where your objective is worth 1 point the two centre line objectives 2 and the enemy 4.  Had the bone Tithe Nexus as well. Was a bit worried about a potential lack of RDP's but coped quite well until Vokmortian bit the dust. Have to say Morghast Harbingers moving 12 inches and with -3 rend impressed me a lot more than I thought they would (Petrifex ability and the generic ability). The extra move range and large charge enabled me to wipe out a unit of Kunoth and unit of tree revenants sat on his objective. One morghast died but the other one bagged me 8 points over two turns before being killed and one me the game.

I know they aren't well thought of compared to stalkers but they certainly did the business for me. It was just a fun list of what models I have right now, in no way meant to be competitive. 

8 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

The reason you run larger units is for buffs generally. I love 6 Stalkers but don't care much for 3.. but 2x3 is fine, just keep in mind if you wanted to get Soul-Guide on them you would need it twice.

I dunno.. I'd try the double battalion, but I don't play anything higher than 2k so hard for me to properly gauge as balance starts getting a little out of whack. The only problem I have personally is just the fact that Shrieker is unreliable (since it's a spell and prone to failing.. especially against Tzeentch) compared to Katakros' +1 to hit aura.. but obviously that's a huge points difference 😅. I really feel it when I lose that +1, but.. I guess it isn't 100% necessary. Curious to see how it goes for you.

I reckon I will run the list with the 2nd Battallion, as like you said, the shrieker is unreliable and at least the helm can help out. Slap on the god bone armour on the 2nd boneshaper and have the soul mason a bit further back just buffing, hopefully keeping out of the way of of harms way but able to get the spells off. I've gone for Empower blades, Empower Shields and drain vitality. The others seem pretty good but these seem the strongest, and especially so considering that I would like to get that mortal wound protection as well. 

Another thing I am a bit worried, and like you said with the buffing, is that the RDP points can get used up quickly with more units. May try lumping the Morghast together perhaps to save up on points, and I imagine seeing a 24 wound flying unit would create a bit of a distraction carnifex. Still two units of them taking out important heroes or stopping varanguard and chaos knight charges would be my initial idea for them. 

I definitely expect this game to be a bit out of whack with all the things moving, but it will feel good to see all my models on the table at least :D

• Like 1

Considering starting Bonereapers and we tend to play at 1250pts, so put this together as a starting point. Feedback would be welcomed, not purchased anything yet!

Legion: Petrifex Elite

Leaders
Liege-Kavalos (200)
- General
Mortisan Soulmason (140)
- Lore of Mortisans: Arcane Command

Battleline
20 x Mortek Guard (260)
5 x Kavalos Deathriders (180)

Units
6 x Necropolis Stalkers (400)
- Spirit Blades

Endless Spells
Bone-tither Shrieker (30)

Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1250 / 1250

Feels to me like the units of 20 guard and 6 Stalkers could be broken down into 2 units if required, otherwise unit count might be an issue.

One Bonereaper list went 5-0 into the top 8. Alexander Gonzalez's list includes Katakros, Arkhan, 2x20 Mortek, 1x10 Mortek, 2 Gothizzar Harvesters, and bone bird and geminids. Doesn't seem like much but you got two deathstars basically, two of the best characters for buffing them, and so few units you're fine with the 6 RDP a turn you get. Seems pretty simple and clean.

• Thanks 1

Tzeentch is quickly overtaking Petrifex elite for the spot of most hated army, but there is so many games being played this weekend, we’ll have some good data on if Petrifex is really as bad as people think. Like, I know it’s powerful but I think the initial win rates are slightly inflated due to being a completely new army, but people have had time to practice against OBR in general now.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Arcian said:
2 hours ago, Neinball said:

Tzeentch is quickly overtaking Petrifex elite for the spot of most hated army, but there is so many games being played this weekend, we’ll have some good data on if Petrifex is really as bad as people think. Like, I know it’s powerful but I think the initial win rates are slightly inflated due to being a completely new army, but people have had time to practice against OBR in general now.

I've tried arguing the point that stats are going to be slightly inflated for them as they are a completely new army, yes Petrifex is powerful but it's far from unbeatable. Just trying to establish if we will see some big nerfs to them or not