Monsters and Mercenaries!!!

Wraith01

To be fair to Batistotti (who did some great work on the new furies) he might have only known part of the truth. Honestly the way that GW has released rules for all the forces so far and not just Chaos as well as the terrain packs suggests to me that it is Killteam in all but name. It might be that only chaos was getting unique models for it (though even they are clearly designed to perfectly fit into Slaves to Darkness in the future tome); though overall I think that its going to be a chaos themed Killteam. The terrain packs for it are pretty neutral - barring the core set most could be from anywhere in the Realms. 

It might have stared out chaos only and then evolved as other elements got brought in; esp once the other races got a foodhold with rules. 

Does anyone have a working link with the listing ?

Seems the one posted here is no longer viable. As someone who got the Untamed Beasts cards, in order to use my Beastmen (you can pretty much proxy every single model from Untamed Beasts for an existing BoC model, even  without converting. If you do convert there is literally no unit from that warband you cant make), I`d be more than happy to get me the proper BoC ones instead of those human Beastmen wannabees :D

Also - I`d love to add a Tzaangor to my Corvus Cabal, painted in their warbands colors. ^ ^

• Like 1

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Boxed-Games?N=1339748208+4111265109&Nr=AND(sku.siteId%3AUS_gw%2Cproduct.locale%3Aen_US_gw)&Nrs=collection()%2Frecord[product.startDate+<%3D+1568188920000+and+product.endDate+>%3D+1568188920000]

You can go on the GW site and search war-cry and filter allies. Here is the list. it will only show the characters that can be purchased individually. There are a few like the FEC Abhorrent Ghoul King which won't show up here because that model comes with the zombie dragon. I'm sure there are a couple others in the same situation I can't think of right now

• Thanks 1

Mercenaries

Stormcast Eternals:

Knight-Heraldor

Knight-Questor

Knight-Vexillor

Lord-Celestant

Lord-Veritant

Lord-Castellant

Idoneth Deepkin:

Isharann Tidecaster

Isharann Soulscryer

Isharann Soulrender

Daughter of Khaine:

Slaughter Queen

Hag Queen

Nighthaunt:

Lord-Executioner

Knight of Shrouds

Spirit Torment

Legions of Nagash:

Wight King

Tomb Banshee

Cairn Wraith

Necromancer

Flesh-eater Courts:

Abhorrant Ghoul King

Gloomspite Gitz:

Fungoid Cave-Shaman

Gobbapalooza (probably counts as 5)

Ironjawz:

Megaboss

Weirdnob Shaman

Warchanter

Bonesplitters:

Savage Big Boss

Khorne:

Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear

Exalted Deathbringer with Ruinous Axe

Skullgrinder

Aspiring Deathbringer with Goreaxe and Skullhammer

Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrath-hammer

Slaughterpriest

Nurgle:

Lord of Plagues

Lord of Blights

Tzeentch:

Gaunt Summoner

Gaunt Summoner on Disc of Tzeentch

Ogroid Thaumaturge

Tzaangor Shaman

Magister

Slaves to Darkness:

Chaos Sorcerer Lord

Chaos Lord

Darkoath Chieftain

Darkoath Warqueen

Beasts of Chaos:

Great Bray-Shaman

Skaven:

Grey Seer

Clawlord

Monsters:

Chaos Gargant

Ghorgon

Cygor

Skitterstrand Arachnaroks

War Hydras

Kharibdysses

Terrorgheists

Zombie Dragons

Chimera

Chaos Beasts:

Chaos Spawns

Chaos Warhounds

Razorgors

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Wait do you mean Varanguard? Because, unless I'm mixing up the terms, all the stormcast are from the Vanguard.

Except for the heroes list in the mercenary expansion of course.

The Stormcast Runemark in the Allies section is for Warrior Chambers, not Vanguard Stormcast. So RAW they can't include any allies.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ReubenM said:

The Stormcast Runemark in the Allies section is for Warrior Chambers, not Vanguard Stormcast. So RAW they can't include any allies.

I don't believe that the rules split them between factions, just grand alliances. So you'd be able to use the stormcast hero allies with any order warband.  Unless I'm totally missing something.

5 minutes ago, BarfAtTheMoon said:

I don't believe that the rules split them between factions, just grand alliances. So you'd be able to use the stormcast hero allies with any order warband.  Unless I'm totally missing something.

The Grand alliances section tells you what Runemarks can take what. No Vanguard icon is present.

I haven't seen the actual rules yet, just the quick glimpse of that page on the GMG preview.  I'll have to go back and attempt to zoom in to make sure I understand where that rule is stated.  Do you have the book already?  Is there somewhere else where you're seeing those rules explained the way you're stating them?

1 minute ago, BarfAtTheMoon said:

I haven't seen the actual rules yet, just the quick glimpse of that page on the GMG preview.  I'll have to go back and attempt to zoom in to make sure I understand where that rule is stated.  Do you have the book already?  Is there somewhere else where you're seeing those rules explained the way you're stating them?

Well they mentioned this in the GMG review but yes. The Ally page doesn't actually mention Grand Alliances at all, although the groupings are very obviously by AoS Grand Alliance. The Vanguard symbol is absent, as it is from the Monster allegiances as well, where the grand alliance names are mentioned but only in reference to the Monsters, not the Warbands.

4 minutes ago, ReubenM said:

Well they mentioned this in the GMG review but yes. The Ally page doesn't actually mention Grand Alliances at all, although the groupings are very obviously by AoS Grand Alliance. The Vanguard symbol is absent, as it is from the Monster allegiances as well, where the grand alliance names are mentioned but only in reference to the Monsters, not the Warbands.

Didnt watch the review (yet) but I get your point now. Thanks for the heads up. 

There are some bonkers abilities for the allies too, such that it makes me question how carefully they were written. The Darkoath Chieftan ability lets you add the Value to the Damage of each hit and crit for a DOUBLE. As he has 5 attacks, if you've got a double 6 (not a particularly difficult bar to pass) you can potentially do 55 points of damage on a single attack, and probably pretty reliably do 24.

3 hours ago, ReubenM said:

There are some bonkers abilities for the allies too, such that it makes me question how carefully they were written. The Darkoath Chieftan ability lets you add the Value to the Damage of each hit and crit for a DOUBLE. As he has 5 attacks, if you've got a double 6 (not a particularly difficult bar to pass) you can potentially do 55 points of damage on a single attack, and probably pretty reliably do 24.

yea, that can get out of hand I think. I wish it was more like the aspiring death bringer's. It's a higher cost, and uses only half of the ability value.

1 hour ago, Acid_Nine said:

yea, that can get out of hand I think. I wish it was more like the aspiring death bringer's. It's a higher cost, and uses only half of the ability value.

But the aspiring deathbringer affects all friendlies within 8, potentially way more devastating than a single model's attacks.

I wonder about the Tzaangor shaman. Any leaks on the abilities  ?

Also and this is a important question - does he come on the Disc ? There is no foot version of this guy, and unlike the other tzaangors, his body and the disc are not separate entities you can magnetize, rather his body is partially casted together with the disc. 

Not impossible to convert, but a pain in the a*ss nonetheless, plus you are running the risk of damaging a not exactly cheap miniature.

Overall though, as far as I see the use of this book, will be mostly campaign one for me. And occasional scenarios with its units/rules added. It seems to me the balance is all over the place, and I dont care for people super cheesing a small format game like this...

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1