The Painting Contract - September 2019

TheOtherJosh

On 9/9/2019 at 4:04 PM, RandyRyan said:

I failed miserably last month - but to be fair to me I was counting on Cities of Sigmar news to help motivate me to paint my human infantry but nothing came out yet.

This month I am working on:

10 Bloodletters

10 Bloodreavers with axes

And maybe, at a stretch, a Warshrine.

10 Bloodletters done! Pictured with their daddies...

20190911_145729.jpg

20190911_150214.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/2/2019 at 4:01 PM, XReN said:

Hmmm, as I'm taking some minies with me on vacation might as well make a pledge:

I'll paint a Cogsmith and to try figure out Greywater Fastness paint scheme with the help of 6 brave Hellstorm Battery crew members - DONE

I'll also at least start painting Garrek's Reavers

So, my vacation is over so I probably won't start Reavers, but Cogsmith with artillery crew are done!

9 more days left in the month? (Until the end of the contract on the 25th) How’s everyone doing?

I ended up side-tracked by WHQ “future reality” edition ... (But they all got assembled! And I managed to get through one mini adventure... it’s a blast! Working on the assembly of the expansion boxes... which don’t officially count towards my Sigmar stuff ...)

I’m still on track for the assembly of the Warhammer Underworld bands... but the grey seer primer hasn’t been back in stock for ages.

Edited by TheOtherJosh

On 9/10/2019 at 5:29 PM, TristanGray said:

Trying to finish this beast for the release of Warcry Monsters! It’s a fun conversion using the out of print Necrosphinx kit. 

68244FFE-D3C3-474A-9CA3-26275CDBF9A4.png

All done. 😎😎😎

Going to run it as a wild Chaos Gargant in Warcry. Excited for it to start taking heads.

—————————

A dry wind sweeps low on the bloodwind spoils. 
Skin cracks and mouths become parched. 
Something brings an old death to the Eightpoints. 

Something big.

8DDAE885-E0FA-45C4-A1E4-4FCC6553D963.jpeg

Edited by TristanGray
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 2

19 hours ago, TristanGray said:

All done. 😎😎😎

Going to run it as a wild Chaos Gargant in Warcry. Excited for it to start taking heads.

—————————

A dry wind sweeps low on the bloodwind spoils. 
Skin cracks and mouths become parched. 
Something brings an old death to the Eightpoints. 

Something big.

8DDAE885-E0FA-45C4-A1E4-4FCC6553D963.jpeg

Airbrushed? Also the colors are amazing, I like the bright colors usually when I see this guy (some locals have the bone gaint?) its usually dusty and kind of muted. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IronCog said:

Airbrushed? Also the colors are amazing, I like the bright colors usually when I see this guy (some locals have the bone gaint?) its usually dusty and kind of muted. 

Definitely not Air-Brushed. I’m too cheap 😂 

mill take that as a high compliment though!

and thanks! One of my goals with my TK is to make them bright and punchy. Rad Surfer Skeletons or Bust was my starting point. 

• Haha 1

I have done nothing yet. CoS has had no update except the removal of wizards, and I am awaiting at least pictures of round based infantry before I start on them. I am extremely sceptical of GW, and consider removal of more of my models a distinct possibility. I have also been very, very busy.

I could build and prime some demis though.

On 8/29/2019 at 12:52 AM, Fisren said:

Army WIP (finished assembling and priming a couple weeks ago, finished airbrushing my morsarr and namarti skin last night). 

S__16506907.jpg.8396a43e2fdcb0a0fa3be2e02c7d664f.jpgS__16310323.jpg.00cc02948cfb24f4ede6a06ea97dce81.jpg

Absolutely loving this! Been thinking how to paint my eels for a little while now... might have to try using an airbrush!!

Great work!

Also, really cool stuff in this thread :). Will have to participate next month!

On 8/28/2019 at 5:29 PM, Maxi99 said:

Away on holiday for half the month so just Kairic acolytes and skyfires leftover from last month. Hopefully they’ll finally be finished!

Not AoS but also build and magnetise a Balrog for a friend

I’ve managed to finish the acolytes! Note to self, don’t try and batch paint 40 models at once again... 

Half of the unit of 6 skyfires are finished along with the other 3 discs. Just the remaining 3 tzaangors to finish off. Pics of the 3 completed as well.

E13D85EE-C435-4AD0-8E55-44EAE58D637C.jpeg

8FA3D5B5-9F93-450B-B26D-38E6865DEB9F.jpeg

8AB55B30-3F2B-4352-9D3A-D8EFAF4E7E6B.jpeg

E9F0BBD7-8FD5-4368-BB98-BDCF245850D7.jpeg

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 8/29/2019 at 1:52 PM, Fisren said:

Getting ready for the local annual AoS tourney this month (deadline sept 21st!) 
I have had a bit of a head start, but aiming to finish my Idoneth Deepkin army before the tourney, or at least as much as I can!

Army consists of:

2x 10 namarti thralls

2x10 namarti reavers

2 x9 akhelian morsarr guards

1 x tidecaster

1x soulscryer

1x soulrender

2 x gloomtide shipwrecks

Extras (in case I want to switch lists):

2 x 3 ishlaenn guards

1 x 20 eternal guards (models arriving this week)

1 x akhelian king

Army WIP (finished assembling and priming a couple weeks ago, finished airbrushing my morsarr and namarti skin last night). 

Progress update!

(Been playing a bit too much monster hunter since it came out, so progress has been slow).

Ended up getting everything battleready for local tourney, used wood glue to glue the infantry to bases, so will be removing them (hopefully doesn't peel off paint), to do more basing work as well as more detailed colors. Currently looks like I won't get them all completed to standard by the end of the month, but it's coming together! 

IMG_3316.JPG.d29bb7324467a2f0e41d5094acf3ff37.JPG

(Pic of army before battle! Sorry for potato pic, will try to upload better one later)

IMG_3331.JPG.3f0f16cc20c7c6c6e52013365b982a8f.JPG

(Not sure why this pic keeps rotating, but pic of army in action! funnily enough, reavers did the most damage to morathi) 

• Like 1

And the end of the month is upon us! In some places we’ve reached the 28th (hi international date line!)

So post up your results and come join in on October!

I managed to build two warbands (and a cabinet to put all my board games and miniatures in!)

But didn’t succeed in the painting aspect ... (silly lack of primer...)

But there’s next month! (And I finally got something done ... so there is that ... totally been unmotivated ... and side tracked)

A bit late, and I was not as productive as I hoped for, but finished the last 10 Chainrasp of the total of 20. I like them a bit better than the first 10, so improving all the way.

First full unit I finish in like 25 years I think, I am really happy with that :)

ChainRasp-last10.jpg.a6b025ceab77e9c3e72391f9a7087a0a.jpgChainRasp-full.jpg.2d4698d95c248fefff1521c2aa7c11f3.jpg

• Like 3