Rotbringer trait - Bloated with corruption

Bigjawz

Question

I played a game over the weekend with a friend who was playing a rotbringer army with the Lord of plagues as his general. He gave his Lord of plagues the rotbringer trait 'Bloated with corruption' which causes a mortal wound to be reflected back to the attacker on a 4+ for each unsaved wound his lord of plagues suffered. My question is if I inflicted 20 wounds on to the Lord of plagues with a single unit in one round of combat does my friend now roll 20 dice for the 4+ mortal wound, or after his model has suffered 7 wounds and is slain, do the remaining 13 wounds become irrelevant?

I hope that makes sense. 

FYI we played that he could only roll for the first 7 wounds, but he seemed a bit hard done by. 

Boo nurgle shenanigans! 

2 answers to this question

It is for each unsaved wound suffered. When you take damage you suffer each wound one at a time until the model/unit dies so he can only potentially deal 7 wounds and then he dies. And the rest of the unsaved wounds are wasted as overkill and don’t do anything for either player.

Most people just tend to quick resolve things by doing all the damage simultaneously so it occasionally this misconception tends to spring up.

Edited by King Taloren

Thanks for the response. This was my understanding of allocating wounds, and the point I made at the time - just wanted to get an unbiased opinion. I just really wanted that Lord of Plagues dead, but sadly he took two heroic brutes with him ⚰️⚰️