Saxon/Viking/Normal alternative models

I’ve been waiting for these new Fireforge models to be released for a while and they’re right around the corner now (but I’m waiting on the zombies myself). The northern kingdoms line have a definite Anglo-Saxon vibe to them and scale very well as you can see from the photo. While the fireforge guys don’t have a very wide selection for load out (spear, sword and shield, or bows if I remember right) the scale seems close enough that any free guild bits you want to use should work.

While I haven’t tried them myself Perry Miniatures are making many 28mm historical and fantasy miniatures, and seeing how they did sculpt for GW for years I would assume they scale fairly well. 

CFA7D7DA-BCEB-45ED-8C8A-C691481A9791.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lior'Lec said:

While I haven’t tried them myself Perry Miniatures are making many 28mm historical and fantasy miniatures, and seeing how they did sculpt for GW for years I would assume they scale fairly well.

Well Perry makes historicals which have much more reasonable sized proportions, which do tend to look a tad small for warhammer. Though it's much less noticeable if you don't mix in.

Though they don't have Dark Age/Early Medieval minis anyways so thats moot for the OP. That'd be the likes of Victrix (they have some really nice looking vikings), Warlord, Conquest, or Gripping Beast for plastics. Then theres dozens of metal makers. Though most as mentioned won't be as chunky/heroic as warhammer.

I suppose if you don't mind monopose, Blood Rage board game minis might work. I think someone on TGA uses them.