Walking Death command Trait on Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon question

BaylorCorvette

Question

If I were to give my Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon the Walking Death command trait (from Legion of Blood), does that apply to the Vampire Lords Sword/Lance rolls AND the Zombie Dragons rolls or only the Vampire Lord?

The exact wording is: "If the hit roll for an attack made with one of this general's melee weapons is a 6+, do not roll to wound. Instead, the target suffers a number of mortal wounds equal to the Damage characteristic of that weapon."

I'm assuming since it says "one of the general's weapons" it is only the Vampire Lord. However the reason I ask, is that I have seen other similar rules state you need to pick specifically ONE of the Commanders weapons for the "buff" to apply to.

2 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

If I were to give my Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon the Walking Death command trait (from Legion of Blood), does that apply to the Vampire Lords Sword/Lance rolls AND the Zombie Dragons rolls or only the Vampire Lord?

The exact wording is: "If the hit roll for an attack made with one of this general's melee weapons is a 6+, do not roll to wound. Instead, the target suffers a number of mortal wounds equal to the Damage characteristic of that weapon."

I'm assuming since it says "one of the general's weapons" it is only the Vampire Lord. However the reason I ask, is that I have seen other similar rules state you need to pick specifically ONE of the Commanders weapons for the "buff" to apply to.

It is a command trait and all command traits that don't say that it affected the Mount as all don't affect mounts thanks to the corerules:

COMMAND TRAITS
Whether cunning strategist or
berserk butcher, every general has
a unique style of command. If your
general is a Hero and the allegiance
abilities for your army include any
command traits, you can choose or
roll for one for your general. If, for
any reason, you must select a new
general during a battle, immediately
choose or roll for a trait for them.
Command traits have no effect on
attacks made by a general’s mount
unless noted otherwise.

If it wasn't a Command Trait or Artefact it could have affected Mounts as we.

Edited by EMMachine