Tzeentch - Summon Units & Heroes – Choose Additional Spell ?

kleinemade

Question

Hi again,

In Tzeentch you have the possibility to choose one extra Spell out of the two Lore for each Magical Hero / Unit.

Is this also valid if I summon this unit during the game ?

For example if a summon a Herold of Tzeentch during the game can I choose a Spell out of Spell Lore’s afterwards?  

Thanks

4 answers to this question

The spell lore rules say a Tzeentch sorcerer in a Tzeentch army may take a spell from the appropriate lore depending on its other keywords (mortal/arcanite or demon).

Even though the Herald of Tzeentch is summoned, he still meets all the criteria. He is a Tzeentch wizard. He is in a Tzeentch army. Therefore he can select a spell (specifically from the Demon lore). Similarly, he can make use of Destiny Dice (which again only effect Tzeenthc models in Tzeentch armies).

This is one that I don’t know if GW has FAQd or not. Far as I know there has been some debate on things but as written you choose your spells for wizards in your roster before the battle so any wizards setup after probably only have their base warscroll spells and endless spells.  It’s not like the guys summoned had time to choose a spell before they pop up into the battlefield 

But does that override that you choose all your allegiance abilities before the battle? Which include spell lore, command traits, artifacts, etc.

I don’t see where knowing a spell lore means you get to choose one for summoning something to the table that didn’t get to choose with everything else before he battle started. May know isn’t an absolute, nor does it say “on setup a tzeentch wizard may choose...”

Edited by King Taloren