3 players Triumph & Treachery deployments

pseudonyme

Let’s say I had « some time » at work, and I decided to transpose the Triumph and treachery deployments for 3 players. I had to relearn how to do trigonometry 😅

So here they are, if anyone has any photo shop skills, it might look cool with the proper iconography.

Triangle is Dagger, Rectangle is Hammer and Octogon is Shield

EBSPyWgXsAAydgj?format=png&name=900x900

EBSQ0g3WkAEFEs4?format=png&name=900x900

EBSRbhCXUAE0SgY?format=jpg&name=medium

My original tweet where I give at least 2 information 🙄

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Think this is pretty close to the real thing. Lacks the fancy trim / correct font / textures / and 1-to-1 symbols they use on the real cards. Also had no idea what dramatic name to call it, so it got a placeholder.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to mention this is for the first deployment only. If folks are interested in having the others mocked up like this I can do it.

46459777_WarcryDeployment1.png.ff1aed7bc7381515680d8653663c92d3.png

Edited by Skyeline
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Skyeline said:

Think this is pretty close to the real thing. Lacks the fancy trim / correct font / textures / and 1-to-1 symbols they use on the real cards. Also had no idea what dramatic name to call it, so it got a placeholder.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to mention this is for the first deployment only. If folks are interested in having the others mocked up like this I can do it.

46459777_WarcryDeployment1.png.ff1aed7bc7381515680d8653663c92d3.png

I would!

Stuff like this is much appreciated.

On 8/15/2019 at 6:43 AM, Skyeline said:

All three finished, now with 50% less silly placeholder titles and 100% more accurate shields in the first deployment.
1909468619_Warcry3PD1.png.60e126bb3fbc577e2ec9b831c51b6f5b.png

1068518344_Warcry3PD2.png.82be57b6e4cbe0a5d1ecd9fe49229577.png

1160673737_Warcry3PD3.png.17cb6017a374981b454ee389900fd328.png

Bloody hell someone did it !!! (thought you were following your own topics by default).

Thanks mate, they look so much better now thanks to you 👍

As I said in my original Twitter thread, maybe change the first one to 9 inches instead of 9.3 😅

Anyway, this community is so cool.

• Like 1

@pseudonyme

To be fair, the 9.3" doesn't stand out as so egregious when things like 8.6" and 2.3" are in these deployments too ;). I definitely contemplated fudging the labels to simply round down or up as needed (9", 8.5", 2.5"). In the grand scheme of things this isn't cutting edge matched play stuff anyways and differences of .3 of an inch at most are hardly much to worry about.

Much to my delight I actually ended up playing some three player games this weekend without even planning to do so, so I actually got to use these. I've also got to throw some thanks/credit right back to you since I wouldn't have had anything to make pretty if you hadn't put in the initial legwork to draft up 3 player deployments in the first place. 👍

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jam said:

@pseudonyme: you're making it difficult not to plunge into the game for god's sake...

Curious about how any 3 players games went too.

I don't know what you're talking about 😇

Will try to trick the wife into playing so that will be able to see by ourselves

They were great. It was treated in a pretty standard fashion:

• Everyone determines their dagger/shield/hammer
  • Draw a terrain card
  • Roll a d3 to determine which of the 3-player deployments we use instead of drawing a card
  • Draw a victory condition (we needed to redraw a couple times as some just don't play nicely with 3 players)
  • Draw a twist
  • Start killing each other

The first victory condition we settled on was bloodmarked, which simply meant everybody picks a model from their first wave and if that model dies, they lose. We also opted to allow the first player to "lose" to stay in the game and continue playing until the end. Since we were using Deployment 3, Bloodmarked models were generally in a really scary position by turn 3. The arrival of daggers on the flanks of your initial starting positions put the two remaining bloodmarked models in very dangerous positions.

The second victory condition I can't recall the name of, but it was if you lose half or more of your warband, you lose. Same deal as the first game, the first player to get knocked out still gets to continue fighting until the game is over. This one I imagine could become unfun if you have a player who refuses to leave a "corner" so to speak so they don't lose models excessively or get ganged up on, but we were all sporting about it and picking fights with each other. Nobody camped a corner and everybody was happy.

• LOVE IT! 2

I think getting some small stickers with a fancy or runic looking “3” on them and placing them in the corners of appropriate victory condition cards would be helpful. I think using victory conditions such as grab the treasure type missions might be the most fun for three players. 

12 hours ago, pseudonyme said:

Are you saying that we even should work on specific 3 players victory conditions ? 🕵️‍♂️

I don't have access to my cards at the moment, but I'd hazard a guess and say that the following would be generally true:

1. Conditions involving killing X thing (Group, Chosen Fighter, Leader, etc.) will work just fine for 3 players
  2. Conditions involving placement and control of objectives will need tweaks on the # placed and the restrictions around where they can be placed
  3. Conditions involving an attacker and defender would be very difficult to make salvageable for 3 players

This reflects my experience of trying to pull several Victory Condition cards during the games this last weekend and trying to figure out if we can use them or not without putting a lot of thought into it. 

Given however that I haven't sat down to actually peruse all of the victory conditions while keeping 3 players on the brain, I could very well be off base. It sounds like a fun thought exercise though, so I'll probably give that a shot when I have some free time.

It seems with a little bit of modification even the attacker vs defender type battle-plans would work with three players.

Each player is defending against one player (to your left), and attacking the other (your right). You’d have to use a deployment that placed two of your groups on the map on turn one and you have to signify which is the attack and which is the defender. The groups themselves don’t have to be symmetrical, player A can use dagger/hammer while player B uses hammer/shield and player C uses shield/dagger. For battleplans such as the one where the defender has to guard objectives while the attacker destroys them each player has two objectives they need to defend from their aggressor.