Chaos Marauder Special Models

Dreadmund

Question

Just bought a couple boxes of Chaos Marauders and was surprised that they had enough parts to construct 5 drummers, 5 bannermen and 5 leaders per 20 because of the way the sprues work. Judging by the warscroll you can only have 1 leader, but there doesn't seem to be anything preventing you from taking multiple drummers and bannermen, or from having both types of bannermen in your unit. But that means that you could conceivably have more special models in your unit than regular models which seems totally wrong to me.

Is there an FAQ or something I should be aware of before deciding how many special models to construct? Can I have both banners? Are my models likely to be invalidated by a new battletome if they get one?

Edit: Thanks for the replies! I'm going to play it safe and build 1 command group per 20 to keep them future-proof.

Edited by Dreadmund

2 answers to this question

In Chaos Marauders and many other units who started out in WFB's case you can have as many banners and drummers as you can fit in the unit.

Be warned though, that units many of this nature with recently updated warscrolls, like Daemonettes and Clanrats are now only able to make 1 in 10, or 1 in 20 models standard bearer and musician, so you might want to future proof yourself and only build one command group per unit!

Unless the rules still specifically call out how many of each kind of model you are allowed to take them all and as many and any combination . For the moment.

A lot of the command models like icon bearers and banners have been restricted to 1 in 10/20 depending on the size of the units starting numbers in more recent battletomes.