The Painting Contract - August 2019

kaaras

I haven't seen this before, this is a neat idea!

So far this month I've painted one leman russ (not AOS, sorry!) and my plan for the rest of the month is two more russes, my converted Bloodthirster, and either a fourth Leman Russ or some Wrathmongers. Hopefully none of that should be too hard (all my Khorne stuff is basically all Contrast).

z1I9CvX.png

The previous russ (7/11) for evidence.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Only one week left, only did 4 more chainrasp so far...so 10 done, 10 to go. Not much chance I will finish the other 10 as planned...just lets see how far I get.

At least I think this 4 are already slightly better than the first 6. I used zenithal priming on three of them now, and I feel I got a better result on the hoods and faces because of that.

ChainRasp201.jpg.d163ec6dfcc03b2f78716b2cfe529bce.jpg

• Like 11

On 8/3/2019 at 1:05 PM, zilberfrid said:

I'm into it!

First up will be my Excelsior Warpriest and a bunch of Gryphon/gryph creatures, without riders for the moment (need the warscrolls for that).

August is a rather busy month, so I'll limit myself a bit.

Finished so far:

Gryphon from empire general

Tiny gryph hound from Excelsior Warpriest + rider

Gryph hound

Magewrath throne

Three gryph conversions from horses

Awaiting washes:

Empire general skewering a Stormcast

Three demigryphs

High elf griphon

Deathclaw

Lost after priming:

Gryph charger from lord Arcanum

No idea where the last guy is.

On 8/3/2019 at 4:05 PM, Fairbanks said:

This month’s Pledge: Paint a model 😅

I didn’t get anything painted for AoS last month. I spent the first weekend at the office, the second weekend helping my in-laws move, and during the third week we found out that the wife is pregnant with twins, so I’ve been going through my Magic cards to find things to sell (and then promptly had a payment issue with the company I was trying to sell to).

He was mostly basecoated and just in need of some shading/highlights. But I freehanded the lightning bolt on the left pauldron and... I don't recall ever doing any Freehand before this point, so I think that might be a new trick for me.

IMG_6807.JPG.16963007cad5b6b5b27e14c2e39d6285.JPGIMG_6809.JPG.622dcd363f6afea124581fb415b86911.JPGIMG_6808.JPG.9900dfc42c4e8ba37520c75d2a635d8c.JPG

Other than that, I'm moved out of the old room, just looking to better set up the new room.

Happy Painting!

• Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 1

Oooof I'm a little late here but I have painted 5 tree remnants and one out of 3 kurnoth hunters just yesterday so if you'll excuse my basing (it and flock will be added after the whole army is tabletop colored when I'll add some extra shades and dry brushes) I should be able to commit to painting 5 tree revs, 3 hunters, and 1 treelord ancient ready to post by Wednesday!

I just noticed I used the wrong primer. They are both grey and stored in the same place (until now that is), but this is the cheap one I use for wood, because it does not stick well to plastic. My paint chips off alarmingly fast.

Hoping the varnish will keep it together, otherwise a quick stripping might be needed.

On 8/7/2019 at 8:57 AM, Maxi99 said:

First pledge for me:

Finish 40 Kairic Acolytes

Finish 3 Skyfires

Stretch - make a start on Corvus Cabal warband

Just a little bit optimistic for my first pledge. Got the acolytes to a point of just needing highlights and basing, but I’m pleased with how they’re going! 

image.jpg

14B2CABF-2080-4997-B81B-1395F96085AC.jpeg

• Like 9