General Hobby Chatter!

Overread

2 hours ago, Bayul said:

How much points would you recommend for playing on a 6'x3' sized mat? 1750?

For wide deployments you can play the 2K but you can’t get the distance and 12” deployment for both players. So that’s a struggle without the points. Maybe with 18” between deployment zones? 

So lengthwise battle plans seem to be the right battle plans. And then I would say 1,5K. But that’s partly because I really like that point size 😅

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got my little girl (4 yrs) interested in Warhammer. I let her choose the models she wanted. Alas , she failed to see the greatness of The Great Horned Rat... We glued two models and then she painted one. 

I haven't had this much pleasure in being a dad in quite some time. It was such a great bonding experience! 

IMG_20200617_170813.jpg

IMG_20200617_173425.jpg

received_2317100925253472.jpeg

Edited by gronnelg
  • Like 18

50 minutes ago, gronnelg said:

I got my little girl (4 yrs) interested in Warhammer. I let her choose the models she wanted. Alas , she failed to see the greatness of The Great Horned Rat... We glued two models and then she painted one. 

I haven't had this much pleasure in being a dad in quite some time. It was such a great bonding experience! 

IMG_20200617_170813.jpg

IMG_20200617_173425.jpg

Luckily she didn’t pick the most expensive and fragilly thin models in the range 😂

super jealous! Enjoy it my kid only paints walls and tables so far 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gronnelg said:

IMG_20200617_170813.jpg

IMG_20200617_173425.jpg

Awww!

She'll come and see the Dawi light sooner or later, she can practice on elves!

• 2 weeks later...

That's the best. :D

Also, Lumineth are finally landing on people's tables. The realm of light shines on their talent!

https://mobile.twitter.com/__Wintersoldier/status/1276823090979315718

"Managed to get my first test model finished this morning. The art of the book was what I was aiming for. Pretty pumped for working on more.

EbgvzaSWoAApxms?format=jpg&name=small

Also some outstanding Stormcast stuff as per their normal badassery. ;)

https://mobile.twitter.com/SirPercivael/status/1268862844398952456

"Mat Sir Percivael

Just finished my Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger! #WarhammerCommunity"
EZvnlwKXkAA-_Jh?format=jpg&name=small
EZvnlu-XYAAKJwK?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 1:36 PM, gronnelg said:

IMG_20200617_170813.jpg

IMG_20200617_173425.jpg

That’s fantastic! I’d love to get both of my kids (6 & 3) into the hobby one day. My oldest is interested but doesn’t have the patience yet for it.

• 1 month later...

Twitter never fails to have inspirations from across the mortal realms:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProPainted/status/1293486454237286404

"Struggling to find the motivation to paint at the moment, but finished a few touchups on my Kadgetzan Aether Khemist. Converted from GW parts & watch gubbinz #warhammercommunity #wipwednesday #warmingers"

EfNjEjnWkAEVyjh?format=jpg&name=small

https://mobile.twitter.com/TabledPodcast/status/1278251375617626117

"2 pain-trains pulling out of the station (except every second Tuesday and alternate Thursdays where a replacement pain-bus service will be offered instead) ... or chaos chariots for my chamonite slaves to darkness #Warhammercommunity #paintingwarhammer #paintingwarhammer2020"

Eb1C13bWoAIBdnc?format=jpg&name=360x360

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hiroki57788578/status/1280814212311207939

"In his heart, he struggles to choose between light side and dark side."

EcZdsEHUwAAcrDz?format=jpg&name=small

https://mobile.twitter.com/tension_surface/status/1279415630811275265

"Finished my #LiegeKavalos for my nature inspired #OssiarchBonereapers army. Painted in oils. The base reflects the narrative of my force so there are plenty of extra elements added. Hope you like it!

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone.

I'm a little behind with how much has changed the last year or two. Are the available two army sets like soul strike and its bigger brothers fairly current with the rules?

My wife likes the Nighthaunt army's aesthetics a lot and we enjoyed the 40k little starter set a lot.

5 hours ago, Akylas said:

Hey everyone.

I'm a little behind with how much has changed the last year or two. Are the available two army sets like soul strike and its bigger brothers fairly current with the rules?

My wife likes the Nighthaunt army's aesthetics a lot and we enjoyed the 40k little starter set a lot.

Yeah they are current in rules. Warscrolls can be found in the free part of the age of sigmar app as well. 
If you like both aesthetics go for it. That’s the most important part anyway. 

only downside, which is also an upside, is that they kicked off aos 2.0 with those two armies and now have relatively old books. Which means they might get new ones somewhere in the next two years. 
Two side to that coin. 

yhis will be the next starter set btw;

image.png.c0150d9c6b4b19d3105c991f80e2a1be.png

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/22/warhammer-preview-online-shadow-iron-broken-realms/

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Akylas said:

Hey everyone.

You should buy the biggest box if you want to start with nighthaunt, because of the heroes in it. Soul Strike only comes with the lord executioner, who does not support the other ghosts. And you need support in an nightaunt army. The other heroes are hard to find or expensive outside of the starter box.

• Like 1

I know there already has been a lot of discussion about the Teclis model. Don’t want to do that all over again, but must say with the photo in the recent article on WC, seen from a different angle, I actually quite like it. The way he floats above the ground looks so much better then when seen from the front. (missing depth.) pretty awesome if you ask me. Just to remind myself that you sometimes have to see the actual model before you say you like it or not. Looking forward to the first result from the people who bought it.

Still not sure about the face,  they obviously tried to give him the arrogant expression that fits his character, but there is something about it that makes me feel like he had a bad lunch or something. But like I said, better see how it looks in reality,, before dropping into conclusions s. Other than that I have no problems with it at all, not with the trousers, nor the stones

91603544-2D48-4B08-8BC0-F743A4E532DF.jpeg.278b06301d9f3a224e6e43ce37bb04a7.jpeg

Edited by Lowki
  • Like 2

When I saw the model the first time, I immediately thought of the Battle of Finuval Plain. To me it felt like this must have been the pose Teclis took when he struck Malekith. Because of this association, I always quite liked it (I'm aware though - I'm very much in the minority with that view, lol). But it does look better when you see the model in this way. 

I agree with the face though, you can see what they wanted to do, but at least for now  the expression looks more like he is grumpy or something. I'm really looking forward what people are going to do with Celennar. With a Lunarsphinx you can do so much more than just the pretty traditional scheme they went with. 

*The big problem in this picture are the dice! They made the perfect dice with their "Alarith Zen Dice", and then they use boring standard fare in their picture, outrageous! : )

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

*The big problem in this picture are the dice! They made the perfect dice with their "Alarith Zen Dice", and then they use boring standard fare in their picture, outrageous! : )

One of the red dice has a dot as One, the others have skulls as One. So they even mix cheap standard dice sets. Thats outrageous!  :)

• Haha 3

Well, having seen the individual unit prices I finally caved & grabbed a Lumineth box set before they were all gone.

Now whilst the ltd edition battletome is a lovely piece of work I really don’t know why I thought my brain would find this even vaguely tolerable...

EA807133-A6A1-40A3-ADB1-01250A549EC0.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3