Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Overread

General Hobby Chatter!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Currently thinking of converting some Idoneth with knotty hair like this:

742E8461-C6C9-4664-977F-4D7DED9D45FA.jpeg

Just as a little side project. Hopefully. 😅

 

Edited by Beastmaster
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I finished painting a batch of terrain at the weekend, and then some gaming mats I'd ordered a while back arrived. Since there was no way to put them to use in an actual game, I've instead been spending my lunch breaks this week setting up dioramas to send to people in my gaming group.

This is Port Ruin in the Windward Isles, beloved of pirates and freebooters of all varieties. It does have to fend with sea monsters though.

Port Ruin.JPG

IMG_2808.JPG

Here we see the Desert of Skulls. The small oasis settlement is important for travellers and traders, but lies in the shadow of some worrying ruins...

IMG_2794.JPG

IMG_2798.JPG

Finally these Jungle ruins are inhabited by ancient saurian creatures from the long lost past of the realms... (I did that one first, and didn't think to include minis until later. So it has a bit less going on.)

IMG_2792.JPG

Edited by EccentricCircle
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to get tabletop simulator to work, and have no clue how to. Anyone know of any resources to help me figure this out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently switching between projects from week to week

now up:

Quick n dirty FeC

8637AC0E-AD6A-4077-B2E3-A8B238B7885F.jpeg

7EA92548-3A1D-4563-A258-69085CEE4371.jpeg

992181A1-520F-43FF-924F-00A2C622E99B.jpeg

BF56A76C-D470-4D1C-99F4-15600FC03035.jpeg

9245703C-0D85-46CE-8957-52E6D453775D.jpeg

02369B70-BB0A-46DF-B7EC-C3EEE9296262.jpeg

7243A484-359D-4C31-A764-355DD5F21001.jpeg

CBCE3078-C3AD-447F-9703-9D372D2C37DB.jpeg

42E31474-A1A3-4D79-BBA0-F79DA41281D2.jpeg

03EC54BD-7642-4781-83CA-1226EBE87CB9.jpeg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JackStreicher, same here.  It currently on the table is a darkling sorceress, an aetherwing, two tyrants, two ironblasters, and a Skaven arch warlock. Just also build and magnetised a thundertusk/stonehorn. And just finished painting a stormcast warband. It’s just all over the place. 

I blame not having games to work towards. That always helps me push through finishing  projects, which is now lacking a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got myself into gear and got some bits painted, hoping to have 2 SC and a box of brutes painted by the end of May!

3AAB3978-4E37-4F17-A0AD-92BEFB613EAB.jpeg

05F1061F-8F0B-4EE3-9BE3-DE5D58F88DBD.jpeg

5A855C4B-8075-4586-86D8-3C7C9C2696FB.jpeg

C92A0562-0F37-4A30-9C55-FB5DABDE84B1.jpeg

7E805570-D55B-44F1-8C40-CA001305ADCF.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bayul said:

Did anyone ever played on those grass mats people use for model railroading?
https://www.noch.com/en/product-categories/model-landscaping/grass-meadows-fields/grass-mats.html

Are they an acceptable underground for wargaming?

Absolutely fine, these were the standard battlefield for years, GW used to sell their own. Quickly turns a dinner table into a battlefield and rolls away nice and neat too.

GWGrassMat.jpeg.22a41d3752c8a28a9afc0593746e16c5.jpeg

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bayul said:

Did anyone ever played on those grass mats people use for model railroading?
https://www.noch.com/en/product-categories/model-landscaping/grass-meadows-fields/grass-mats.html

Are they an acceptable underground for wargaming?

Absolutely. Weird Use for them is on terrain. Me and my dad build 6 1 by 1 foot panels for a gaming table. Set hills on them as well. And we just draped those grass mats over it and pulled it tight and glued them on. 

15 years later I’m using them again. And their still good. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Absolutely. Weird Use for them is on terrain. Me and my dad build 6 1 by 1 foot panels for a gaming table. Set hills on them as well. And we just draped those grass mats over it and pulled it tight and glued them on. 

15 years later I’m using them again. And their still good. 

got any pics for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

got any pics for it?

Absolutly! But don’t have a full table shot though. Only from a narrative game and the isolation campaign. 
this is one of two totally flat ones.
3872AF39-6ECE-4B72-BF1A-0633AF0024EA.jpeg.b7d1e632efd5067cb9e998a95df5b778.jpeg


in the lower corner below you can see one of the hills. Would be happy to get you some close ups if that helps? 
E3FD8DB7-8E31-487C-B365-989E261C7249.jpeg.a96fbe8c0dd5ecbad83b779fecce30ae.jpeg

I don’t know if you ever skated. But it’s exactly the same as putting on grip tape. Tightly fold it over the edge and then cut and ‘sand’ it there and it will last you hundreds of games. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Absolutly! But don’t have a full table shot though. Only from a narrative game and the isolation campaign. 
this is one of two totally flat ones.
3872AF39-6ECE-4B72-BF1A-0633AF0024EA.jpeg.b7d1e632efd5067cb9e998a95df5b778.jpeg


in the lower corner below you can see one of the hills. Would be happy to get you some close ups if that helps? 
E3FD8DB7-8E31-487C-B365-989E261C7249.jpeg.a96fbe8c0dd5ecbad83b779fecce30ae.jpeg

I don’t know if you ever skated. But it’s exactly the same as putting on grip tape. Tightly fold it over the edge and then cut and ‘sand’ it there and it will last you hundreds of games. 

That's neat. I've done something similar on the fly, by putting the hexagonal stacks from Heroscape under my grass mat. doing it that way is not as secure as what you've got, but is more flexible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EccentricCircle said:

That's neat. I've done something similar on the fly, by putting the hexagonal stacks from Heroscape under my grass mat. doing it that way is not as secure as what you've got, but is more flexible.

Yeah, storage is a ******. 4 pieces have hills one corner. All with one long and one short side. So there are plenty of ways to fit all the pieces together. And with some glue clamps underneath the tiles can have a bit of overhang.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird times... moving houses while being in a global pandemic was interessting for sure, but the good thing is that in my new place i've got a dedicated office which i use after work for my own hobby hole.

But not being able to get some furniture makes finding a place for hobby quite interessting. Nevertheless the lockdown got me quite some time to paint, so here is my first finished lockdown project, my desert themed loonshrine for my desert grotties!

loonshinre.jpg

  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit of a random one but when the whole lockdown thing started I wanted to support some smaller companies, taken a few weeks but the first things I ordered just turned up, so that’s a giant capybara, some beavers, a rabbit riding a flying bomb and some pistol and cup of tea wielding WW2 women from Bad Squiddoo Games.

the capybara’s in resin but the others are all metal, will be the first metal minis I’ve painted for about 30 years. No idea what I’m going to do with them but I can’t wait to get them done, already trying to think of some Warcry rules for the animals...

29D1CA0F-7863-436E-A8FA-E79945D1D69C.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Support a good cause (the NHS) and own a completely original portrait of yourself by John Blanche!

Deep pockets required though...

Also I’ll admit I’m actually a bit gutted because I originally thought the art being auctioned was the kitten, if he painted a portrait of me it’d just look like any of his other disgusting mutants...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Personalised-John-Blanche-Warhammer-40k-style-portrait-100-proceeds-to-the-NHS-/174259718281

 

41A42274-83CB-4344-8605-80888004FB48.jpeg

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JPjr said:

Support a good cause (the NHS) and own a completely original portrait of yourself by John Blanche!

Deep pockets required though...

Also I’ll admit I’m actually a bit gutted because I originally thought the art being auctioned was the kitten, if he painted a portrait of me it’d just look like any of his other disgusting mutants...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Personalised-John-Blanche-Warhammer-40k-style-portrait-100-proceeds-to-the-NHS-/174259718281

 

41A42274-83CB-4344-8605-80888004FB48.jpeg

Well damn, looks like I’ll have to resort to making self portraits 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I need some help brainstorming a project.

I need a Soulscream Bridge for my Cities army.  I don't have Forbidden Power, and have no desire to spend 90 bucks on one single Endless Spell (I don't want or need the other stuff in the set).  So with that in mind, I plan on making my own version of the Soulscream.

So, with that in mind, I am looking for some ideas of exactly what to build.

My Cities army has a definite Steampunk vibe.  Maybe I make a Bridge out of magical cogs and gears?  Or maybe I make sort of a Steampunk Stargate looking thing?  Or something else entirely?

I appreciate all suggestions - I am an experienced modeler and amateur sculptor, so I feel that I can make most things with this idea happen, with a little work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrimDork said:

Eorek’s blog

Not sure if you’ve seen this in the P&M section. A great take on the soul scream bridge.

Nice idea - I like it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New adventures of the best Gryph-Hound in the Mortal Realms!

B_3oeW4_t_5U6aN_-665x665.jpg

Nhillus, you forgot about goatee. All evil counterparts wear them, it's fashion...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, michu said:

New adventures of the best Gryph-Hound in the Mortal Realms!

B_3oeW4_t_5U6aN_-665x665.jpg

Nhillus, you forgot about goatee. All evil counterparts wear them, it's fashion...

I alsp wondered why he didn't have a goatee as the most "obvious" way to make him evil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...