Warcry - Stormcast Eternal discussion

azmarus

On 8/24/2019 at 9:55 PM, Wired4War said:

As others have said, the Onslaught double ability on Lonstrikes is disgusting. If enemies don't have enough terrain for cover, they will really not have a fun game. That said, they can easily outnumber you for objective control (at least for a turn).

This. A thousand times this.

I run Unmade and I played a game against SCE where the objective was kill each other's leaders. I lost on literally the first activation of the game. Onslaught on Longstrikes is absurd for any kind of "Kill specific model/detachment".

I know that the victory conditions are kind of unbalanced and really situational but what were they thinking allowing that much damage potential at such a range?

• Thanks 1

Had to shelf my SCE as they don't loose and my opponents don't have fun playing against them.

Toughness 5,with 20-35 wounds each,,attacking at range with a high volume of attacks,(or lower volume with insane damage for longstrikes) is simply not a balanced faction.

Some say that you need to add more LoS blocking terrain,,but in Warcry the terrain cards instruct how exactly to set up terrain so that's not an option.

Basically SCE can deal elite level damage at a range that is often half way across the board or more and have top tier defensive stats all for a rather moderate price.Many warbands only have 1-2 classes of fighters that can reliably deal damage on par with SCE but need to get into melee range to do so,,and even those fighters costs are on par with SCE Hurricane Raptors.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lior'Lec said:

@GlanceOnASix, they’re assuming both actions are being used to attack. With onslaught it grants +1 attack for the entire activation so if he has two actions to attack as opposed to having to move first it drastically improves his damage output. 

It dawned upon me like 30 seconds ago.. 2 activations dummy! ;) thanks!

1 hour ago, Erdemo86 said:

Guys i have tournament this Weekend.

is this List good like it Is or do you have any tips?

1 x Hunter Prime

1 x Hound

2 x Hurricane Crossbow

1 x Longstrike Crossbow

975 points

im thinking about cutting longstrike and adding another Hurrican and Bird.

Hurricanes seem to be a better choice in matched and tournament play. They are cheaper, simetric deployment usually means, that you will not need more than 15" range, as well as your opponents will get to you much faster, so lower minimum range is always better.

From the less obvious pros of a Hurricane over a longstrike, the base of the first one is smaller, so you will have less issues with positioning your deployment.

With onslaught, the"potential" damage of a Hurricane is greater, than that of a longstrike. Hurricane gets a total of 8/24 potential damage per action, compared to longstrikes 8/20. Yes, longstrike Has higher strength, but crits do the majority of ingame dmg and more dice, usually means more crits.

Another thing, without the longstrike, you will not have access to the faction specific quad, which means, that you will be less tempted to turn your Wild Dice for those quads a d can spend it elsewhere, usually for initiative, which will then allow you to activate your hurricanes before the opponent Has a chance to act and you will remove from the board models, which have not activated and decrease the opponents activation advantage. 

I took my SCE to a local tournent last week and placed first with this list:

1x Hunter Prime

2x Raptor with Hurricane Xbow

2x Gryph Hound

2x Aetherwing

Hope this helps a bit.

Edited by Ference89
Autocorrect...
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I took my SCE to a local tournent last week and placed first with this list:

1x Hunter Prime

2x Raptor with Hurricane Xbow

2x Gryph Hound

2x Aetherwing

@Ference89 How did you break them up Dagger/Hammer/Shield for your tourney?  I'm curious how that worked out for you as several of the scenarios seem to heavily favor having greater numbers, too.

If I remember correctly, it was:

Shield:

Hunter Prime

Raptor with Hurricane

Aetherwing

Dagger:

Raptor with Hurricane

Gryph-hound

Aetherwing

Hammer:

Gryph-hound

As for numbers, I prioritized activation of my hurricanes to pick off targets, which I could remove with one/two attack actions and did not activated this turn.  There are not many warbands, which go over nine models and it is easy enough to reduce that activation control.

• Like 1

Played last night with this

Longstrike Leader

1 Gryphound

1 Hurricane Raptor

2 Hunters

1 Aetherwing

1000pts even

Learned that gryph hounds pour out damage at 4 S4 attacks and 2/4 and the faction specific quad ability applies to melee attacks as well

Edited by Seraphclad

51 minutes ago, Ference89 said:

Seems, that due to the Onslaught errata, Longstrike Raptors are becoming a low tier unit. Any thoughts on that? 

I don't feel this way, the change actually makes me more interested in getting them on the table.   It didn't look intended, for example the reaver deepkin double, or fun to play with or against, and had me not excited to run stormcast.

I was going to do stormcast last because I knew this rule would change, and now that it has, I'm going to do them next, rather than last.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What do you guys think of this List, do you think its competetive enough for tournaments:

5 x Gryph Hound

1x Hurrican Prime

My current List is now:

3x Hurricans

1x Hunter Prime

1x Hound

1x Bird

Have an upcoming tournament on 5th october and reallly want to win that medal. ^^ so every help and/ or critic is welcome. I also have a fec warband but I think I will go with

i could also go the 3 hunter, 3 hound way....

Edited by Erdemo86

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:55 AM, Morsla said:

If you have Hurricane Crossbow parts left over from building your Longstrikes, it's very easy to convert the easy-build Castigators to have rapid fire crossbows. This is what I've done with mine: https://www.instagram.com/p/B0yFTosHWSy/

That's pretty creative.

Did you find you had to fill in gaps between the right shoulder and forearm (for the elbow)?

• 3 months later...

The Warrior Chamber profiles have amazing stat lines and some of the abilities seem really nice. They should be a lot of fun to play. 

Their only downside will be that you’ll be running lists with 4-5 models, max, so expect to be out-activated pretty much every time. Your guys are tough enough that shouldn’t be a huge problem, but some objective-based missions may be difficult, especially if you don’t take any Prosecutors (the flying guys). 

We keep posting our questions and lists for each of the three SCE chambers in this thread, right?

What units do you think will the Sacrosanct Chamber include? Sequitors, Castigators, Evocators and Knight-Incantors maybe? Evocators on Dracolines are probably overkill. 
So melee, casting / buffing and shooting in one warband. I hope this chamber won't become a generic "jack-of-all-trades, master of none" warband. Fortunately eBay is flooded with cheap Sacrosanct units, so I'll definitly scrape together some models and try them out.

We’ll see Sequitors for sure (they’re on the package cover), and almost certainly Castigators and Evocators too. Maybe Gryphounds, because the ETB Castigator box comes with one? I doubt there will be any cavalry models for SCE. Sacrosanct does feel a little light after Warrior Chamber, but the options so far should be:

Sequitor Mace

Sequitor Sword

Sequitor Great Mace

Leader option for each

Castigator

Leader option 

Evocator Sword and Staff

Evocator Grandstave

Leader option for each

That’s still 11 unit options (including leader options), which is pretty decent variety even with nothing else.

I expect they’ll be a slightly better, slightly more expensive version of the Warrior Chamber profiles with some different abilities. Here’s to hoping we can manage even a 5-man list with them! 

Edited by Vakarian
  • Like 1

I expect sequitors to be quite the same as Libeeators (stat and point wise).

I think the differences will be in the Faction abilities with Doubles/triples/quads.

Castigators will probably be a variant between Judicators and raptors.

Evocators: dunno, better (so more expensive) or same as paladins ?