Warcry - Stormcast Eternal discussion

azmarus

On 8/4/2019 at 1:51 PM, Grimnir said:

Boring, Lazy team. Lot of Wound in T5, your enemy will hate you in endgame. Today i played 3 times and have 3 win. Roster: 3 Hunters, 3 Hounds.

Could you elaborate on what your Stormcast Eternals are taking weapon wise? No Vanguard champ?

1 hour ago, Gruknor said:

Не могли бы вы рассказать о том, что ваши Вечные Штормового Покрова принимают в отношении оружия? Нет авангардного чемпиона?

My team - 1 Hunter champion. 2 Simple Hunters. 3 Hounds.

My clubmate playing another roster. Hurricane Raptor Prime. 1 Hurricane Raptor. 2 Hunter. 1 Hound. 2 Birds. It's so Heavy shooting. You can stay and shoot 2/3 times. 8-10+ damage per hurricane activation. Also easy way to win. But...we dont play versus chaos bands. Maybe it see more balansed. 

On 8/8/2019 at 8:09 AM, azmarus said:

long raptor can be good with  [double] Onslaught+1 atk : 4 dice 4-10 dmg and 20 range.  MWP my band damage dealer + rr 1 for bird cry amazing

My best team after 10+ fight

Hunter prime

Hunter

hunter

Shortraptor

Long Raptor

Bird

too expensive by 5 points

• Haha 2

On 8/3/2019 at 2:18 PM, Kramer said:

What were you/ your opponent fielding? Because even with extra attacks it seems unlikely the hunters would take out 1-2 fighters a turn? 

The big guys more likely but that’s max 4 models? 

The raptor prime easily removes two 8-10 wound models per activation. All he needs is onslaught. If, heaven forbid, he gets a quad, it becomes far crazier. On quad sixes I’ve seen him pump out over fifty wounds of damage in a 2 activations, killing any model in the game from 20 inches away. Each vanguard model hits as hard as a champion from 8 inches away. Get onslaught off on them and they will also remove an 8-10 wound enemy model per activation, sometimes 2 if they roll hot. Stormcast exterminate the enemy warband while aetherwings snatch the objectives. In a pinch a double five or six makes stormcast movement 7, which means they’re actuallly very hard to lock down.

Edited by Nullius

I'm trying out 

1x prime

3x vanguard

1x longstrike

1x bird

So far I've learned that even the basic guys hit like trucks and with t5  and 20 wounds they survive for a long time. The bows give them tons of versatility sniping targets that need finishing or forcing the enemy to come to you, all of which are tactically excellent. And they can still go toe to toe with most of even the tighter models. Just spamming the basic guys seems like it may be the way to go. The crossbow was too easy to tie up with some random chaff and then either needs help killing it to shoot again or waste time running away.

Having only 1 bird was fine. It never survived Even 1 round of combat but with a 12 inch move it could easily jump in, warning cry, and jump out. And with that move it could always hide in some corner if needed.

The plus 1 toughness aura was surprisingly useless considering we are already t5. There is very little str 5 or 6 in many lists. Might be worth considering a dog list to take advantage of triples though.

I used almost exclusively doubles for onslaught, warning cry and tireless hunters.

Almost considering

1x prime

4x vanguard

2x birds

You may want to try a hurricane in the place of a longstrike. Given that they have a minimum range of 3 you can shoot after a full 3" disengage which means they're much tougher to die down than a longstrike. Rapid Fire on a high triple also edges out onslaught, which can give a use for your triples.

I've definitely 1-rounded several leaders with a hurricane who uses Rapid fire for 6 shots on his first action, then follows up with another 3 shots on his second action.

On 8/13/2019 at 6:18 PM, simakover said:

can i make some decent team with shadespire warband? 

On 8/14/2019 at 7:23 PM, FrostWolf1023 said:

add in 3 gryph hounds and you have a really solid warband

This suggestion came up in my Warhammer Store as well, and I saw you guys mentioning a 3 Gryphhounds, 2 Hunters, 1 Prime combo in the previous page.  They're such great models with the added benefit that I might use the Farstriders in an actual game of Shadespire as well.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 5:09 AM, azmarus said:

long raptor can be good with  [double] Onslaught+1 atk : 4 dice 4-10 dmg and 20 range.  MWP my band damage dealer + rr 1 for bird cry amazing

My best team after 10+ fight

Hunter prime

Hunter

hunter

Shortraptor

Long Raptor

Bird

Take out a Hunter and add in a Hound and that's been my starting list..haven't played much but won my first game and tied in a multiplayer game so far.More games later this week.

• Like 1

I've played with the following list:

1x long raptor prime

3x long raptors

1x bird

The bird has done nothing at all, maybe due to scenarios drawn from the deck. I've rolled cold with shooting but pretty hot in melee, so I've been beating the untamed beasts warband by the skin of my teeth. My problem is as follows: I don't feel like spending 50€ for the hunter box but don't like the push fit aspect of the farstriders for converting purposes. I still need three more raptors for AoS gameplay but I'd prefer to build them as the long strikes seeing as they are more useful on AoS. Warcry, though, suits the rapid fire guys better.

I guess what I'm trying to say amongst this rambling is if anyone has ideas for proxies/cool conversion ideas for SCE for Warcry, especially considering the right base size for both the games. So far my best bet is to greenstuff some fur embellishments for sequitors and call them hunters for Warcry.

So I was building a band and I'm thinking

1 longstrike to use with onslaught or a quad or both. 

1 hurricane raptor for their triple ability

1 hunter prime because I need a prime 

1 hunter 

So that leaves 205 points

Can't do another long strike and don't real want it because getting all the good stuff on 2 of them won't happen. A 2nd hurricane won't be very likely to get a 2nd triple either.

So I'm doubting about

1. another hunter for a all ranged team with 3 decent melee guys, all high T and high W. But slow.. possibly too slow to play all victory conditions ?

2. Hound and bird. Less range, aboit equal melee but more speed and potential warning cry.

3. 4 aetherwings to play objectives but seems a bit to fragile and trading too much T and D for speed.

Ive yet to play my first game with stormcast so hard to judge the options. How do you guys feel about these options

On 8/11/2019 at 10:27 PM, Nullius said:

That’s true. That’s why I don’t hate it. It makes good narrative sense,  but it might be tricky to run a tournament.

It's not tricky, if they are as OP as everyone claims they'll just get banned from tournaments. However I'm not sure we have enough info to go on to make a judgement like that, It could be that they are a low skill cap warband that will just get dumped on when people get more experience and net lists start appearing. If GW does have to take action I wonder how they will do it, seems they kind painted themselves in a corner by printing points on the cards. They should have gone all in on varinscribe, which would have made balance adjustments easy, but that ship has sailed (probably). 

3 hours ago, Wired4War said:

As others have said, the Onslaught double ability on Lonstrikes is disgusting. If enemies don't have enough terrain for cover, they will really not have a fun game. That said, they can easily outnumber you for objective control (at least for a turn).

LS are powerful but far from OP: if you’re within 6“ you can’t shoot. With terrain, and fast troops you can lower their efficiency. Hurricanes are way more dangerous IMHO...

Also, SCE tend to have a low model count, so it can be tricky for objective games.

And in the end, it’s fairly normal that a bunch of ragtag wannabe maurauders struggle against Sigmar’s finest 😁

I’ve only played a couple of games (1 hunter prime, 2 hunters, 3 gryphs) but my main worry with SCE is that they might be too tanky. 30 wounds (and 20 on the gryphs) feels like a lot and I’m worried that most warbands will struggle to put fighters down... now of course they’re disavantaged on objective play but it doesn’t make for a fun game if your opponent can’t kill your dudes (it’s a fighting game for sigmar’s sake :p). But I still need to play more games to make up my mind.

I’m thinking of trying some more unorthodox lists ( like max gryphs or max aetherwings ) ; does anyone know good stand-in minis for the aetherwings? 

18 hours ago, grimgold said:

It's not tricky, if they are as OP as everyone claims they'll just get banned from tournaments. However I'm not sure we have enough info to go on to make a judgement like that, It could be that they are a low skill cap warband that will just get dumped on when people get more experience and net lists start appearing. If GW does have to take action I wonder how they will do it, seems they kind painted themselves in a corner by printing points on the cards. They should have gone all in on varinscribe, which would have made balance adjustments easy, but that ship has sailed (probably). 

Nah onslaught would soiner become melee only like a lot if the items I think...which would make the longstrike a bit to high in points tbh.

12 hours ago, Moldek said:

I’ve only played a couple of games (1 hunter prime, 2 hunters, 3 gryphs) but my main worry with SCE is that they might be too tanky. 30 wounds (and 20 on the gryphs) feels like a lot and I’m worried that most warbands will struggle to put fighters down... now of course they’re disavantaged on objective play but it doesn’t make for a fun game if your opponent can’t kill your dudes (it’s a fighting game for sigmar’s sake :p). But I still need to play more games to make up my mind.

I’m thinking of trying some more unorthodox lists ( like max gryphs or max aetherwings ) ; does anyone know good stand-in minis for the aetherwings? 

30 is only on leaders who are 1 max as you know.. rest is 20.

• Like 1

Hey guys, are hurricanes better than longstrikes? Im Having Trouble making a good competetive stormcast Team. Have an upcoming tournament. That the List i was thinking about. Do you think its good like that?

1 Hunter Prime

1 Hunter

1 Hound

1 Longstrike

1 Hurricane

1 Bird

Edited by Erdemo86