Painted Non-Chaos Warbands - Please Post

Lure Of The Gods

Thought it would be nice to get a gallery of everyone's painting progress and warbands. 

Now that we have an idea of what the non chaos warbands will be made up of who here already has some warbands ready to go?

I'm currently finishing up my Stormcast and Idoneth warbands so will post them when finished.

But here's the start of my nighthaunt which I did pretty quickly from their half of the Soulwars starter box I had still lying around. I'll probably add some more chainrasps and a spirit host at some point if I play through a campaign with them. 

DSC_1175.JPG

Edited by Lure Of The Gods
  • Like 5

Very good idea! I'll add some pictures later! I have 5 vanguard hunters and Neave (count as hunter leader) already painted and 3 raptors + 3 aetherwings ready to build. I'm also looking at the start collecting to get some Gryph hounds and 5 more hunters to convert. 
I also just got an old Grimgor Ironhide and Ironskull's Boys. As soon as I get through this i'll add a box of brutes. 

• Like 1

I had several of these guys painted up for use in board games, but was just dying to play with the chameleon paints I got in. So I picked out a few to give a quick primer coat over the robes followed by some fresh paint on top. Have a few glavewraiths I could add to bring it above 12 models but I’m stumped for what I could do differently to make them not blend in too much. They may just get the same treatment anyways...

1E58E427-4860-4A6C-8CF8-F786B580A892.jpeg

Edited by Lior'Lec
Grammar
  • Like 4

Greetings! Ive been lurking for about a year now, this is my first post and im a bit of a technophobe so apologies if i stuff it up! Haha this will be my gloomspite band. Ill probably swap out the netter at some point...abilities on a 3+isnt very reliable. Bounderz seem strong.

Ill be diving in to warcry pretty hard, untamed beasts, splintered fang, and i want to convert an ironjawz band using some of the old warhammer orc special characters. Ill be posting most of it on my instagram account - odyssey_painting if you want to check it out!

Happy gaming!

20190803_000207.jpg

• Like 5

I'd decided to start playing Age of Sigmar about a week before the new Orruk book was announced, so I'm excited that Warcry gives me an opportunity to use the couple kits I already bought while waiting to see what kind of changes are coming to AOS before buying a full army.

Here's my beginner warband, Da Thikkboyz.

WC_warband_1.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

My Nighthaunt Warband.  Too many Spirit Hosts, I know.  One of them is a weird conversion of a Cairn Wraith with a Khorne Berserker's helmet & axe, an homage to one of my closest Warhammer friend's Chaos Warlord.

IMG_20191015_162938.jpg

He's my Warband Leader and his backstory directly ties to the official Season of War campaign years ago.  My-then Death army, lead by a Vampire Countess, faced off against my friend's Chaos army, lead by a Khorne Warlord.  Each week's battle in this official campaign had its own special scenario which was secret until we showed up to play.  Ours involved a sacred duel.

That dueling scenario involved the opposing armies each choosing a champion to face off in one-on-one mortal combat in the centre of the battlefield as the rest of the armies waged war around them; this duel cannot be disturbed according to the ancient forgotten gods that had once consecrated this land.  Whichever side's champion wins provides a huge buff to the rest of his army.

The Khorne Warlord, the Chosen of the Blood God, obviously nominated himself.  The Vampire Countess stepped forward...and declared an unwitting Tomb Banshee represent her, for she was not about to sully her own hands.  Game mechanics-wise, the duel required Heroes, my friend only had the one as he's a tourney 40k player that preferred minimal Characters for maximum Troops, whereas I had like 4 cheap Heroes at my disposal...and I chose to sacrifice my Banshee.

The Khorne Warlord and the poor Tomb Banshee dueled, the unstoppable force against the immovable object.  Meanwhile, the Vampire Countess directed the rest of the army to swarm around the battlefield and wipe out the preoccupied Chaos Leader's forces, who were bereft of his leadership and quickly cut down.  Over time, the Khorne Warlord slew the Tomb Banshee, demanding the forgotten gods of the place to bless his army as the special scenario decreed, only to realise there was no one left alive to receive that boon.

Instead, that Khorne Warlord was beset by all sides by the Vampire Countess's legion; he fought defiantly, but could not escape Death, for it was all around him.  As with all those worship Chaos, his soul was now forfeit to his god, Khorne, who cares not from where the blood flows.  However, the Vampire Countess was so impressed by the duel that, using her necromantic magic, bound his spirit to her will instead, rescuing him from that fate.

In undeath, as in life, this champion serves one who thirsts for blood, though a different mistress than his original master.  And centuries later, he still doesn't know if he was truly saved, or had just exchanged one damnation for another.  Now she has dispatched him with a warband to what is considered a foreign land for the armies of Shyish, the Eightpoints, but this former warrior of Chaos knows it by another name: home.

(It's a very minor conversion, but something I really wanted to do out of remembrance for that very narrative-driven battle.  I made it out of a Cairn Wraith, an easy-to-build Khorne Bloodreaver, and sheer respect for my friend.  But to this day every time he sees it he gets very bitter about it...which just makes the experience all the sweeter for me.)

Edited by N1SB
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Lichemaster's first warband for an upcoming Narrative Campaign.

Doing a Legions,  a converted "Deathcast" Wight force loyal to Kemmler and a Flesh Eater Court ( for their shared hatred of Nagash and the ironic humor Heinrich would find in allying with these Cannibals that echo his hated foes in the Old World.)1536605189_IMG_20190916_1835542.jpg.b1ebbafef4824100b7c4d0185f1d6c8c.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...