Stormcast Height vs humans

The Cranky Dwarf

When they first came out I recall the stormcast were supposed to be significantly larger than humans. With the old free people models this bears true. However I just got a excelsior war priest and he is just about as tall and broad as a stormcast. What size lore wize are stormcast? Does the warpriest just happen to also be a giant among men?

Edited by The Cranky Dwarf
Grammer

1 hour ago, flemingmma said:

stormcast are fairly large, use either flagellants or freeguild guard to get a rough idea of how tall they're supposed to be

"Fairly large" is not what I would call 8-11 foot tall beings. "Freakishly large", "inhumanly tall" are things that spring to mind. And I'm Dutch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Yeah they do.

Furtermore, remember that these are the Freeguilders that were taken by Sigmar just before their death. Distinguishing themselves from other Freeguilders by dying instead of surviving. Not the hardiest stock for your supersoldiers.

(I know, they are also taken from other factions' soldiers that did not manage to survive in battle)

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Furtermore, remember that these are the Freeguilders that were taken by Sigmar just before their death. Distinguishing themselves from other Freeguilders by dying instead of surviving. Not the hardiest stock for your supersoldiers.

(I know, they are also taken from other factions' soldiers that did not manage to survive in battle)

You known there is a saying in my language : "Les meilleurs partent en premier". Meaning, the best ones always die first ;).

6 minutes ago, Maturin said:

You known there is a saying in my language : "Les meilleurs partent en premier". Meaning, the best ones always die first ;).

That's only because you can't speak ill of the dead. If they come back to tell you about a god, opinions would shift.

"The difference between a hero and an idiot is whether you survive" is another saying.

(You might have surmised I don't like Stormcast)

23 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

BOOM! Shots fired!

Nothing I like more than ripping on the giant, transhuman super-soldiers!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

That's only because you can't speak ill of the dead. If they come back to tell you about a god, opinions would shift.

"The difference between a hero and an idiot is whether you survive" is another saying.

(You might have surmised I don't like Stormcast)

Yeah well, it's just a game you know.

5 minutes ago, xking said:

This is incorrect,  there are plenty of soldiers that die and are not taken.

For someone to be chosen to be a stormcast, they had to go beyond the call of duty even if it cost them their lives, or Explain strength of character.

Such as, gardus steel-soul who was just a physician who ran a hospice for the poor and helpless. He was not a soldier at all, yet when his hospice was attacked by the forces of nurgle. He fought to the death to try to save his people, yet it was his faithfulness that are caused Sigmar to take him.

So they need to be poor at defending and be religious nuts?

(Just joshing with you, Stormcast have such a Mary Sue status in the lore that every chance to poke fun at them is warranted)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

So they need to be poor at defending and be religious nuts?

(Just joshing with you, Stormcast have such a Mary Sue status in the lore that every chance to poke fun at them is warranted)

No they don’t. you just haven’t read the latest set of stories it seems 😂 

at least that’s how it comes across to me after reading most, of not all the AoS books.

they are grim, seem always to be killing innocents for the greater good, turning into automatons, fearful of reforging, constantly not only sacrificing themselves but also their soldiers and all in all pretty much being human but with a failsave for death. 

Maybe you should pick on someone your own size...* 😏

* see what I did there 

• Like 2

Just now, xking said:

Being obnoxious is not warranted. And what makes the Mary Sue's? That they trained for hundreds of years to be good at what they do? 

Ray is considered a Mary Sue in Star Wars because she literally picked up a lightsaber and was good enough to fight people who've been training be Jedi for years.  This is not the case with stormcast, they trained and suffered and continue to suffer, yes they were giving weapons forged by a dwarf God, but what good is such a weapon if you don't know how to use it? They had to work.

They do usually come in and save the day after everyone has failed and blah blah religious zealots. Sort of like jedis, and I have never liked the space paladins either. I do agree the lore has given them sort of immortality and longer time to train, in exchange for part of their soul (sort of like Chaos Warriors).

If there's a chance to poke fun at the Shoulderpad Squad, I will take it. This seemed an appropriate topic for that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kramer said:

No they don’t. you just haven’t read the latest set of stories it seems 😂 

at least that’s how it comes across to me after reading most, of not all the AoS books.

they are grim, seem always to be killing innocents for the greater good, turning into automatons, fearful of reforging, constantly not only sacrificing themselves but also their soldiers and all in all pretty much being human but with a failsave for death. 

Maybe you should pick on someone your own size...* 😏

* see what I did there 

I have not read much of the lore, because I dislike Sigmar and his marines  Stormcast. I can't get through that and prefer sniffing glue or paint fumes while working on models to reading AoS lore (more productive too).

Edited by zilberfrid

45 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I have not read much of the lore, because I dislike Sigmar and his marines  Stormcast. I can't get through that and prefer sniffing glue or paint fumes while working on models to reading AoS lore (more productive too).

That’s how I feel about your comments ;) 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2