ChatBatFun

Hi guys, so I’ve been contemplating on how I should convert my boingrot bounderz and squig herds, so far I’ve decided to add more mushrooms to the squig bodies and give one a litttle mushroom hat, any other ideas would be appreciated and we can just chat conversions in here!

• 4 weeks later...

For my Gitz I've opted to give all my shootas and stabbas the helms from the Boingrot kit. I also gave each shoota a quiver (I believe they were from Tomb Kings) and a small sheathed knife on their side. (From Grave Guard kit) very WYSIWYG. 

Both unit leaders are using the Boingrot leader helms and I've replced the bad moom icon bearers with sporesplatta fanatic shroom tops. 

I've also taken the armored lance arms from the Boingrots, sliced and filed down the lance to the pokin spear size, cut the spear tip off and glued on the lances.

So with the helmets and one armored arm my stabbas have a really different look and feel while maintaining the initial design. Very happy with results. 

Some more plans involve using Tyranid Harpy wings on 20 hoppers minus riders and making 2 Squig Lobbas from the Mangler kits. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

For my Gitz I've opted to give all my shootas and stabbas the helms from the Boingrot kit. I also gave each shoota a quiver (I believe they were from Tomb Kings) and a small sheathed knife on their side. (From Grave Guard kit) very WYSIWYG. 

Both unit leaders are using the Boingrot leader helms and I've replced the bad moom icon bearers with sporesplatta fanatic shroom tops. 

I've also taken the armored lance arms from the Boingrots, sliced and filed down the lance to the pokin spear size, cut the spear tip off and glued on the lances.

So with the helmets and one armored arm my stabbas have a really different look and feel while maintaining the initial design. Very happy with results. 

Some more plans involve using Tyranid Harpy wings on 20 hoppers minus riders and making 2 Squig Lobbas from the Mangler kits. 

I would love to see some pictures of those grots

• Like 1

I am toying with building a second Spiderfang army. Making grot driders using chain rasp body’s with grot heads attached to the spiders centaur style. I think I would also need to remodel the legs to make it work. 

I made a skuttleboss out of a pusgoyle blightlord’s mount and the plastic Gitmob shaman. 

• Like 1

@Fisher KIng

Looks great! What's the body? I've seen a sweet conversion using the Skaven underworld warband body and the older goblin heads that's neato as well. 

I originally went with a heavy rusted and dirty look on my metals but as I'm using those tones across the cloth it started to just all blend together so opted for steel instead. 

I may go back after all is done and spiffy them up with little bits of rust after I've got them to an acceptablly playable level in my eyes.

Soooo... many ... grots... heh. Starting with 40x each of shootas and pokin spears. 

I'm still on the fence about changing the shields... have to find one i like and make a stamp for green stuff or something.  There's a bumpy one in the skeleton warriors kit I'm liking the look of. Or maybe use some of the old Gitmob shields that look like they're made of wicker with a spike in the middle. Those are wicked!!