Warcry - Legions of Nagash discussion

Fisherdwarf

I've found that the Danse Macabre can be really overwhelming for an elite opponent.  Using onslaught on the Necromancer also makes his ranged attack pretty scary as long as you have the doubles for it.  

I personally like the board control I get out of the skeleton horde list, I've been playing with Necro, 2 Seneschals, 2 Champs, 2 WG with Shield, and 4 sword skellies and I'm 2-0 so far.  I know that's not a lot of battlefield experience, but I felt like I had the upper hand even losing a few skeletons here and there.  Tying people up in combat with 2 Seneschals and then using Danse Macabre was a death sentence to a leader/elite both games. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Erdemo86 said:

So you get only 1 Senechal in a Box? Or is there a way to Build more of them?

and i think you Could use the bring back a Unit ability, wait and do it again.

You actually get 2 in each graveguard box. For even more seneshals I used the bodies of the grave guard box and just bought more seneshal heads and weapons from a bitseller ;)

I think most people would be cool with some different kitbashes as Warcry's storytelling incourages different looking fighters. Just make sure they are different enough to not confuse them with the normal grave guard with greatweapon :)

Edited by B.C.D.

On 9/14/2019 at 7:18 AM, B.C.D. said:

Soo which ally should we go for? I think the wight king with his power attack ability or the ghoul king with the area buff of 1 to attack characteristics for friendly fighters might be nice :)

I'm using the Wight King (to justify using Krell backing up my Kemmler necromancer), but I think the Spirit Torment is also seems worthwhile, buffing the lackluster strength of Wights with hand weapons and skeletons of all flavors.

• 1 month later...

Im late to the game here and recently started to build my LoN. 
Going for an list with Nec, 2 senechals, 3 GG w GW and 1 with shield, then 4 skellies. 

However the campaign we are about to start gonna use the allies aswell. 
So i wonder if you guys have any more input on them? 

The Knight of Shrouds looks really tempting and i can see benefits with both the Banshee and the Executioner. But i cant wrap my head around if i can use them?

Also, which ones are you using? Got any advice on who i should get? 

• 1 month later...

I've tried both the Banshee and the Knight and I vastly prefer using the Knight.

The Banshee is good for having a highly maneuverable range unit (may be the answer to Stormcast dogs/birds) but the Knight is an absolute beast. He hits hard, lots of attacks which you can buff a bit with the universal abilities and he can heal for whatever damage he does. My record so far is healing for 22. His healing ability also makes him a really good tarpit. Throw him at an Ogre, or a group of enemies you want to stay where they are and he can stick around for a while.

Everyone I play is scared of that model and avoids it if they can, but he is fairly speedy especially for undead. Oh and the Necromancer can bring him back to life if he actually manages to get himself killed.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/3/2021 at 4:33 PM, Gorthaur said:

Any thoughts on the vampire lord as a leader? Since the new 4 warhammer underworlds vampires got previewed I figured they would be fantastic to use in this game.  

Vamp lord looks good but i feel like he's still outshined by the Necromancer and even a Wight King at this stage.  I think I'm more excited about the vargheists, they are serious beatsticks and so fast too - run a horde of zombies with a necromancer as leader, and i think it'll be tough for your opponent to deal with your large number of activations AND a high damage output, high wound beast flying around the table...that you can revive for a triple.