Most powerful factions after GHB2019 & FAQs

Enoby

19 hours ago, Karragon said:

Why would anyone drop the Gaunt Summoner? Even without the familiars he is a monster at clearing hordes

I still plan on fielding him personally, but that 8 on Infernal Flames becomes REALLY steep without the +1 from the familiars. Now he needs a ton of support (LOC, arcane sacrfice, etc) to get casts off reliably and with 4 less wounds he is much easier to snipe. 

In a meta full of hordes its quite an impactful change. 

Fyreslayers are the top book right now.  Nothing even comes close.

The reason we don't see them that much is because most people find them boring to play 😛 But no other tome comes even close to them in sheer power. Maybe ever in the history of the game. 

Edited by Chickenbits
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, Chickenbits said:

The reason we don't see them that much is because most people find them boring to play 😛 But no other tome comes even close to them in sheer power. Maybe ever in the history of the game. 

I agree they are the top book but they're not unbeatable and they are not oppressively strong and meta-warping like FEC and Skaven a few months ago.

Armies with good ranged damage, re/deployment abilities, and ways to abuse their poor movement can reliably beat them. This is why I place Stormcast and Seraphon in the same tier as FS, since they have the tools needed to reliably beat the "top army".

16 minutes ago, Chickenbits said:

Are you serious? I don't see how they can auto-win a 6 or 8 objective game against every other fraction.

Edited by HammerOfSigmar
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

I haven't fought the Daughters yet, but I always see some at the top tables this year.  I fought against Fyreslayers last year at Adepticon in the Vanguard event and WOW they were a tough nut to crack with that beard-save.  Do they still have that in the new book?  Why are they so powerful these days?  I'd love to pound them with my Azgorh war engine army, which would lose on objectives probably but I would hope to get many kill points against my ginger cousins.

On 7/31/2019 at 11:48 PM, HammerOfSigmar said:

NH suffers from the increase of grimghast. LON suffers from several point increase, including nagash, arkhan, grimghast. grimghast increase is a pretty great blow since the 90 grimghast list might just be not possible anymore.

Who in their right mind buys 90 grimghast reapers? Who in their right mind buys 90 of any one particular model?

Have zero sympathy for people who power game like this and then find their net list is no longer top tier.

Not saying you're one of these people but I really dislike it when people spam one unit just because it happens to be good at a particular point in time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, 123lac said:

Who in their right mind buys 90 grimghast reapers? Who in their right mind buys 90 of any one particular model?

Have zero sympathy for people who power game like this and then find their net list is no longer top tier.

Not saying you're one of these people but I really dislike it when people spam one unit just because it happens to be good at a particular point in time.

May I introduce you to the glory that is clanrats/goblins? 

Edited by Mayple
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, 123lac said:

Filth is filth. Min Maxing is part of the competitive scene. and expected

Take for instance FeC, outside of their GG/BK lists they are prolly bottom teir. Idoneth outside eels,  non WE DoK. The only army in the game imo which can be successful multiple ways is Skaven. Every other army requires streamlining combinations.

On 8/1/2019 at 11:44 PM, 123lac said:

I have 120 models of clanrats and it's not because I'm netdecking or unit spamming. I just like the look of massive hordes of them and they help accentuate my larger setpiece skaven models. Also, painting the ****** has turned out to be rather therapeutic 

• Like 2

On 8/1/2019 at 11:44 PM, 123lac said:

I bought 60 Reapers just because I love the look of them. I play Nighthaunt, not LoN, and was running them in a battalion. They're a great unit, look really cool (I don't put in their heads), are battleline, and fit the lore of my army. 

I get that power gaming is not cool, but there's reasons why someone might buy a lot of a certain unit. 

5 hours ago, DatHomieSilverSurfer said:

I have 120 models of clanrats and it's not because I'm netdecking or unit spamming. I just like the look of massive hordes of them and they help accentuate my larger setpiece skaven models. Also, painting the ****** has turned out to be rather therapeutic 

Same.

there where times when I basically just dropped 300++ of them on the table, just because it was fun on both sides.

I didn’t loose my whole army turn one and my opponent had enough to slaughter every turn.

I think most of my friends enjoyed playing against it ones, which is basically what happened.

too many body’s to move, without any movement-traces, was ok at first but got very tiresome later.

I brought it like too a few battles against some friends of mine who laughed, because they never thought it to be possible to ever face something like that.

although there was one player who disliked the game, but that was more because he was trying to kill me of turn 1 and chewing through 300++ meatshields isn’t really that easy, especially at turn one.

The thing that pissed him most of is that he lost the game😂.

it was  a very unpleasant game, but his reaction was hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/31/2019 at 3:38 AM, Chikout said:

Under Slaanesh, skaven, DoK, KO, FeC, shootcast, Ironjawz, Fyreslayers legion of grief and Khorne all have solid chances of getting a podium.

Is this statment for pre- or post-FAQ Legion of Grief?  

On 8/1/2019 at 2:58 PM, Lord Krungharr said:

I haven't fought the Daughters yet, but I always see some at the top tables this year.  I fought against Fyreslayers last year at Adepticon in the Vanguard event and WOW they were a tough nut to crack with that beard-save.  Do they still have that in the new book?  Why are they so powerful these days?  I'd love to pound them with my Azgorh war engine army, which would lose on objectives probably but I would hope to get many kill points against my ginger cousins.

Yes and no...Hearthguard Berzerkers have their 4+ ignore everything but only if they are near a hero. Vulkites lost theirs but theirs was dependent on unit size. Now with 2w each they are actually more tanky then before. And Auric Hearthguard, the shooty ones for you non Slayers, can absorb wounds from foot heroes. Their overall tankiness has dramatically increased while their damage output has increased as well.

• Thanks 1