Warcry - Gloomspite Gitz discussion

JackdawGin

Shockingly there was no thread for everyone's favorite madmen.  So, this is now the official thread for the light of the Bad Moon to shine bright!

So here's what we know so far:

Gloomspite  Gitz  Leaders

- Boingrot Boss

- Squig Hopper Boss

- Moonclan Boss

Gloomspite Gitz Fighters

- Boingrot Bounder

- Squig Hopper

- Cave Squig

- Squig Herder

- Stabba with Pokin' Spear

- Stabba with Barbed Net

- Shoota

- Stabba

So while we have a great variety of fighters, the only one we know anything about is the Squig Hopper (from the card previews).  These have a solid attack, higher wounds, high movement and access to different types of tactics, but are priced like cavalry at a few hundred points.  Still they give us an idea what the rest of the warband will be: expensive but fast (and extra bouncy) squig riders, cheaper stabba/shootas, slighly tougher squigs, and mighty (yet cowardly) leaders.

Post more as we hear it and I'll do my best to fill out this section into a kind of guide.

Happy Bouncing everyone!

Card leaks on the subreddit!

Going off their statlines, I think gitz will be extremely flexible, good at playing objectives, and somewhat killy. Given their numbers, excellent skillset, cheapo T4 grunts, and punchy, mobile mounts, I predict they'll do phenomenally well both in matched and campaign play.

All we need to get our games in is now out in the wild, so I'm looking forward to people actually rolling some dice! 

• Like 1

So, Zarbag's Gitz (from Underworlds) come to 715 points if you count Zarbag as a Moonclan Boss, and drop the Fanatic. It looks like 1-2 Squig riders will give you some options for a 1k list...

The Boinggrot Boss is a bit of a monster, with T5, fast movement and 2" reach on those attacks. Adding one to the Zarbag box (and demoting Zarbag to another Herder) takes you to 875 points. You could swap a goblin out for another Squig, keeping the number of models to purchase pretty low.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Morsla said:

So, Zarbag's Gitz (from Underworlds) come to 715 points if you count Zarbag as a Moonclan Boss, and drop the Fanatic. It looks like 1-2 Squig riders will give you some options for a 1k list...

The Boinggrot Boss is a bit of a monster, with T5, fast movement and 2" reach on those attacks. Adding one to the Zarbag box (and demoting Zarbag to another Herder) takes you to 875 points. You could swap a goblin out for another Squig, keeping the number of models to purchase pretty low.

hmm.. 
Zarbags Gitz:
Zarbag - A wizard... um i guess you can count as the moonclan Boss
Herder - Fits
Squigs - Fit
Netter - Fits
3 Shootas - Do not fit. Awkward to play as stabbas or splittas, very confusing for your opponent because they have a bow
Fanatic - Does not fit. 

If I were interested in playing GSG in Warcry and did not already have any grots, I would probably skip Zarbags Gitz, and instead pick up 1 box of Hoppers and 1 box of grots. This lets you play 8 of the 11 warscrolls WYSIWYG, and you have 30 models.  You can probably dump half the models on ebay as "Warcry Warband" and get half your money back. (after fees and shipping even) 

2 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

hmm.. 
Zarbags Gitz:
Zarbag - A wizard... um i guess you can count as the moonclan Boss
Herder - Fits
Squigs - Fit
Netter - Fits
3 Shootas - Do not fit. Awkward to play as stabbas or splittas, very confusing for your opponent because they have a bow
Fanatic - Does not fit. 

If I were interested in playing GSG in Warcry and did not already have any grots, I would probably skip Zarbags Gitz, and instead pick up 1 box of Hoppers and 1 box of grots. This lets you play 8 of the 11 warscrolls WYSIWYG, and you have 30 models.  You can probably dump half the models on ebay as "Warcry Warband" and get half your money back. (after fees and shipping even) 

Why there is a card for bows in Warcry

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AsraiR said:

Why there is a card for bows in Warcry

sorry I missed it! you are right.  So really it's just the fanatic.  Still think a box of grots will give you more options and is almost the same price as Zarbag's gitz. 

Edited by sorokyl

Boingrot or Squig Hopper Boss? The Moonclan boss seems a bit too pricy (+80 points when compared to a Stabba), and extra wounds on the heavy hitter will always be useful.

Squig Hopper Boss: 250 points, 5 S5 attacks.

Boingrot Boss: 265 poins, +2 Wounds, +1 Toughness. Drop one attack, but gain 2" reach and more critical damage.

The Boingrot version seems a clear winner for an extra 15 points (probably worth it just for T5), but I've seen a lot of lists using the Squig Hopper version. Which do you prefer?

I'm really getting excited by this and the gitz will defo be my starting warband but how do you guys think we will play? what's our strategy for the win? I though we would be the cheap body faction but the unmade are able to spam 60 point bodies ours are 65 at the cheapest.  

Netters and Herders are both 45, which lets you bring a lot of extra bodies.

I'm interested to see how different types of list will work - there's a lot of variety, from elite Squid-riders to hordes of cheap goblins. In Kill Team, Tyranids are hard to second-guess when list building, as they have such a wide range of unit types (gaunt swarms, elite lictors etc) - Gloomspite Gitz seem a bit similar, with lots of flexibility available in their roster.

• Thanks 1

Had a few games with my gitz!

Stab Em Good + Backstabbing Mob is a lovely little synergy combo, that can get a little terrifying when you toss some squigs into the mix.

I was running the on-foot grotboss, and offensively he's about as good as most of the other faction's bosses,  just there's practically no room for positioning error with the 16 health. The limited mobility really hurts too.

The mounted bosses are much more mobile better buff vectors, much better at staying alive, and way meaner in melee. It's up to you if you feel you can spare the ~100pts, but I'm feeling confident in seeing waaaay more of the bounder/hopper boss fielded.

Also maybe prep yourselves for moaning about grot hordes being OP, cuz we kinda do have a massive edge in objective battleplans, especially in matched play. It's basically the "19 gaunts and a Warrior" issue you see in Kill Team.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Fisher KIng said:

do you see shootas making it in to your lists?

Ranged support is good *against* us, as it lets people try and pick off our low T models at a distance without commiting to a more expensive attack.

I think they'll  have some siuatuonal uses ie sniping the stormcast hawks and other mobile chaff, but I wouldn't build a list around em. Maybe 3 of em tops? 

• Thanks 1

Played first game today. My gitz beat nh. My warband was 1 leader, 3 nettas, 10 stabbas.

Even though the warband is just the spare grots i had on the shelf i have high hopes. 3dmg crits on stabbas is amazing fkr 70pts. My 10 stabbas with spammable buffs put out so many atttacks that the crits beat out the rez's of NH. 

Nets are great. 45 points and a Double can lock down a high value target a long time. Just park a nettas 3" away and spam net. I got lucky to spam net on a reaper to avoid Reap Like Corn most of the game. Although it hit me once, killng 4 grots and dealing big dmg to my leader.

Overall having more models won the game. Getting an extra 5 models to activate every round helps a lot.

• Like 1

I'm liking Zarbag's Gitz as a core force,

3 x Shootas

1 x Herda

1 x Netta

2 x Squigs

Add to that a Boingrotz Boss and it feels like a "knight" and his hunting party, leaving another 170 points free, for a couple of Stabbas or a 3rd squig.

Played against Gitz yesterday and can say that their Quad ability on the Boingrot Boss is utterly broken. It's able to plausibly do 30 points of damage on average rolls against T5, starting from up to 10 inches away (and flying) and 40 points against T4. If it's a softer target they can still do enough damage activating 18 or 26" away.

The first time your opponent rolls a high triple means your leader or other high value target is dead and there is absolutely jack ****** you can do about it.