Warcry- Splintered Fangs

Acid_Nine

I think our quad has a very niche use. You will usually use either a triple or the universal quad.

The more attacks you have, the more damage you will deal with the quad but the damage will be lower than an additional attack with a low quad (too lazy to do the maths for each unit). I think you shouldn't use it on the Trueblood since you already have the double.

I'd probably use it on the serpent caller or a pureblood that is already in close combat. It is more effective on the snake but it's unlikely that it will manage to survive a round in combat.

Edited by spenson

2 hours ago, spenson said:

The whip is really underwhelming so I'd do the same. It's absolutely trash on the one with the shield but it can be okay on the one with a blade since you trade 1 attack for 3 small attacks at 3". You never know when you may need it.

That's what I'm doing.

One with spear and shield and the other with whip and blade for those reasons. They're the same cost for more attacks as well

Thoughts on:

Option 1:

• Leader
  • Caller
  • Serpents
  • Pure
  • Venom Spear Shield
  • Venom Spear Shield
  • Venom Blades
  • Clear Blades
  • Clear Blades

Option 2:

• Leader
  • Caller
  • Serpents
  • Pure
  • Venom Spear Shield
  • Venom Blades
  • Clear Blades
  • Clear Blades
  • Clear Blades
  • Clear Blades

Option 3:

• Leader
  • Caller
  • Serpents
  • Pure
  • Venom Spear Shield
  • Venom Blades
  • Venom Blades
  • Venom Blades
  • Venom Blades

Assume enough models for #2.

Thanks for the opinions.

I played my first game with these guys yesterday. We got a match up of killing a specific unit, since we were strapped for time, we both chose our leaders. He was IDK and ran up his eel right away in range of 3 guys. My 3 activations caused 38 damage and dropped him. Spikes dice and all of that. I'll have to wait till next saturday to try another game agianst my friend with the starter and untamed beasts. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 3:50 PM, Kilofix said:

Thoughts on:

Option 1:

• Leader
  • Caller
  • Serpents
  • Pure
  • Venom Spear Shield
  • Venom Spear Shield
  • Venom Blades
  • Clear Blades
  • Clear Blades

Option 2:

• Leader
  • Caller
  • Serpents
  • Pure
  • Venom Spear Shield
  • Venom Blades
  • Clear Blades
  • Clear Blades
  • Clear Blades
  • Clear Blades

Option 3:

• Leader
  • Caller
  • Serpents
  • Pure
  • Venom Spear Shield
  • Venom Blades
  • Venom Blades
  • Venom Blades
  • Venom Blades

Assume enough models for #2.

Thanks for the opinions.

Are we allowed only one serpents, caller or pure?

@Dew, No, the only fighter(s) you’re restricted on are the leaders. You may only have a single leader in your roster. For the unique chaos teams this means just the one leader who comes in the box. Other than this your warband must have: 3 fighters minimum, 15 maximum warband size, 1k points maximum value.

Your roster can exceed the 1k point limit in order to customize your warband for the opponent but has a hard limit of 20 fighters on the roster. Note you select your warband and break them into the dagger, hammer, and shield before you draw from the battleplan decks so you’re only adjusting for the enemy faction not the game scenario itself.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dew said:

Played my first few games and so far the Caller and Serpents have been my key players. Definably going to need more Serpents, that extra attack action is vicious

green stuff noodles on a 32mm base it is then!

but how did you use them? any tips?

26 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

green stuff noodles on a 32mm base it is then!

but how did you use them? any tips?

that's exactly what I am planning on doing haha. I'm going to try and make a mold of the original and cast a few of them in resin. They are pretty delicate though so if that doesn't work then little green stuff squigly's for sure!

I was bringing in the caller and snakes turn two since they are by far our fastest unit. Using them for objective grabbing or opponent chasing if they were running away with treasure. They don't take much of a punch but they dish out a decent amount of good attacks with nice crits. They are also low and can hide behind terrain. Small enough that people seem to underestimate them but when the caller gives them a bonus attack action they can rack up the damage.

The pureblood hasn't done anything for me yet. Haven't really figured that guy out

5 hours ago, Tankman said:

Any word on if/when they will have AoS rules?

5 hours ago, Dew said:

GW has said on their Facebook page that they will have rules for AOS. I would imagine they will be free downloads but when I have no idea

All of the Warcry Warbands have had their AoS rules available as free downloads since they went up for pre-order. It's in the "Downloads" section of their store page, as with all AoS units.

Splintfangaos.png

Edited by KoalaSnok
  • Like 1

Hello all, what do you think about this list? I fell in love with this models, but i find them to be a bit hard to build, but i came to this.

True Blood

Caller

Serpent

Clear Blood

Clearblood

Clearblood with Shield

Clearblood with Shield

Venom Blood with Duelling Blades

Venomblood with Duelling Blades

1000pts 

The idea is to have a large amount of attack and the strengh of number, two things I think to be really important in a skirmish game. 

Thanks!

(and excuse my english, i'm french ^^)

So getting my first game in today, I feel pretty good, my stats are middling, but I have good abilities on doubles, triples, and quads and have learned from the mistakes of many a youtuber on ho to divide my forces. This is the list I'm running,

Dagger

• Caller
  • Serpent
  • Serpent

Shield

• TrueBlood
  • Venomblood blade & Whip
  • clear blood w/shield
  • clear blood

Hammer

• Pureblood
  • VenomBlood Spear and shield
  • Clear blood

That way I have a hitter and expenda-bros in each area, the theory being that I've seen many a bat rep go south for a faction when their weakest detachment is the focus of the mission, so keeping them in relative parity means I remove a lot of luck from the equation. I'll let you know how it goes, wish me luck :) 

*edit* got a game in against Idoneth deepkin, I inflicted more damage, but he basically won in determining the objective, I had to sneak half my warband off of a single table edge, and with low tide and two eels he was way faster than I was. He played smart gaked my clearbloods and venom bloods, which was pretty easy with how fast he was. I had a bit of bad luck, both of his eels survived with a single hit point, but dice, what can you do.  I felt like if it was a straight tumble I would have beat him pretty handily.

The double strat paid off pretty well every time I used it, but paralyzing venom whiffed pretty mighty. More thoughts after I put the munchin down.

Edited by grimgold
added update

1 hour ago, Kilofix said:

Is there some kind of trick to the Caller’s Ranged Attack? It seems pointless even with abilities.

The only thing that will make it approach useful is onslaught and a double attack, in which case it's a little worse than a single attack of his 2" weapon. That could keep him safe and contributing when you don't want to get close (or are standing on an objective). The other consideration is that he will be running with a base or two of snakes, who are faster than him. So if they have a long way to go, he'll fall behind and his ranged attack gives him someway to contribute, along with his triple. I don't think it will ever be clutch, but it can get some chip in occasionally.

6 hours ago, grimgold said:

The only thing that will make it approach useful is onslaught and a double attack, in which case it's a little worse than a single attack of his 2" weapon. That could keep him safe and contributing when you don't want to get close (or are standing on an objective). The other consideration is that he will be running with a base or two of snakes, who are faster than him. So if they have a long way to go, he'll fall behind and his ranged attack gives him someway to contribute, along with his triple. I don't think it will ever be clutch, but it can get some chip in occasionally.

I don’t know, I feel like even then a Move - Move would be preferable to a Move - Super Weak Ranged Attack.

If their Quad didn’t just apply to Crits, I could see the Quad plus the Caller’s Ranged being super useful but not as it is. Not even with Onslaught. 

General thoughts on this warband.

For abilities, our triples seem absolutely trash. The Caller making the snakes attack again for a triple when untamed beasts can do that on a double for a unit that puts out a lot of damage. The other triple to let the guy who isn't out leader fight again if he killed somebody also doesn't feel great for being on a 12 wound model. 

Our doubles are great. Always wound on 3's for a fighter makes someone like the Venom blood with 2 swords already in combat absolutely terrifying. The bladed buckler attack is alright, but a good way to make the clearblood with shield be able to do something when he's close whereas the venomblood with shield really wants to be <1" away to not be retalited as hard as whoever he fights, has to move in to strike.

Quad seems great. It combines our leader's double with a way to do lots of damage with a good ability dice. It can make our little mooks on combat do a lot of damage if you spike the dice. 

Unit wise, I'm not as much in love with the callers dart ability, as our only really ranged fighter, you'd almost always rather double move, or move and strike if you could. I spent a double to give him 4 attacks overall as I wanted to make my opponent come to me, and... I did like 2 damage. It was literally all he was going to do as I needed to wait for a model of his to come on the board, but I might've been better off pushing to the board edge he had to come on to lock him down.
The clearbloods are fine, they have their place, and I like both venom bloods even if spear lad isn't that great. The Pureblood is an alright fighter, though I wish he had a little more hp. Leader's great, his range and ability makes him a great fighter. A game I played with him, had him move up, net another fighter who hadn't activated, and he stabbed another model. It made him look an activation and use a quad that he was going to use on that unit, on a weaker unit. 

I don't know what to do with the snakes. I end up using them for some objectives, but I have to keep them away from fighting because rarely do they do anything. Only against other mooks/chaff do they survive because any fighter who does a flat 2 damage at least ruins the snakes. Any suggestion on how to utilize them more, especially because I see people running multiple snakes.