Warcry- Splintered Fangs

Acid_Nine

So this lovely warband have been announced, and I gotta say it looks as good as the untamed beasts! I would be excited to play them in the future for sure, and when I have some extra money I believe this is going to be my first non starter set warband I pick up.

Yeah, they've won me over with their gladiatorial look.  I didn't care for them much when they got originally revealed.

I'll probably pre-order the Splintered Fang and the Corvus Cabal next week. Then I'd end up with 4 Warbands counting the 2 from the Starter set, and I have Stormcast and Nighthaunt armies I could make Warbands to play with if I get the cards. 

• 2 weeks later...

So we have a good taste for these guy's abilities, and people are already saying they're not that good? I took a look through them and I can't see that criticism. Playing a few games already, making it so you can wound easier seems like it would be good on almost anyone on the warband, helping to take guys down faster

6 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

So we have a good taste for these guy's abilities, and people are already saying they're not that good? I took a look through them and I can't see that criticism. Playing a few games already, making it so you can wound easier seems like it would be good on almost anyone on the warband, helping to take guys down faster

You have the fighter's stat? Mind sharing?

nvm I found it. Turn out the 85 points fighter is the best fighter in the game atm. For 5 points more than thrall you get +2 Wound which is great, along with their double they can deal very consistent damage.. Too bad building them can be costly as each box only give you one unit.

X39B7JG.jpg

Edited by RaiderX
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Tankman said:

I'm excited for this warband.  I think people are underestimating the strength of causing enemies with 1 inch range being unable to move while you can hit them with 2 inch range attacks

That's The Unamade's style more than Splintered Fang. Splintered Fang focus more on consistent damage and flexibility with some utilities.

8 hours ago, RaiderX said:

You have the fighter's stat? Mind sharing?

Honestly I was just taking it from the leaked abilities without fighter stats. I'm super happy you found them though!

and oh man they look even better than I first thought. The elf with whip just looks mean, and the spear pure blood looks like they can do some damage. My only worry is running out of doubles during the game, but even using them on str 4 warriors could have a big impact of giving more damage out on a target quickly. I gotta start saving up for these guys.

40 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

really? how so?

He is expensive, can (potentially) deal lots of damage with buckler, but can also (potentially) drop quickly with only 10 W, especially in a mirror match with another Splintered Fang . He's expensive for his potential of both being tanky and killy, but for me I prefer something a bit more consistent at 135 points.

I think I should reevaluate my statement, he is expensive and his usefulness heavily depend on the matchup. an overall risky choice but  I think bringing 1 is fine for the most parts. For Tank/Tarpit role I think bring 2 clearblood is a better Idea.

Edited by RaiderX

23 minutes ago, Dew said:

So it looks like the Venombloods come with whip build options? Oh man, decision time.

I'm assuming the elf gets the same stats x2 with dual swords as opposed to the sword/whip?

looks like just one extra attack over the whip. I may be crazy but one extra attack does seem pretty good versus the whip (would need to try it first)

I really need to get these guys someday, they seem like a really good all around faction

37 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

looks like just one extra attack over the whip. I may be crazy but one extra attack does seem pretty good versus the whip (would need to try it first)

I really need to get these guys someday, they seem like a really good all around faction

Oh yeah, there isn't enough room to have another hidden row of weapon stats under there huh? Whip on the elf seems like a no brainer for the same cost then.

The other spear / whip guy not so much. My guts says spear for superior damage but that's a decent sized cost difference

Edited by Dew

so far my list for when I eventually get the box is basically 

1x true blood

1x Pureblood

1x venomblood with spear and shield

1x venomblood with sword and whip

1x serpent caller

1x serpent 

3x two weapon clearbloods

1x clearblood with shield

at least till I get the second box 

1 hour ago, Acid_Nine said:

honestly, you could probably get some witch elves for that?

You mean 40k Wyches? Then it wouldn't be as fun for me.

Actually I think I might end up with just 1 box tho. I like the Serpent Caller and the Pureblood, rest just look meh and uninspiring. Especially the Dual blade Venomblood, who look like Nosferatu.

Edited by RaiderX

Right now I'm the same as everyone and plan a list with only 1 box.

The list is:

1 Trueblood,

1 Serpent caller

1 Serpent

2 Truebloods

1 Venomblood with dual blades

1 Clearblood with dual blades

3 Clearbloods with shield

You end up with exactly 1000 points.

I didn't expect the clearbloods to look this good IRL when I saw them on the box art. I'm not a fan of the venomblood with dual blades/whip because I love those gladiator helmets.

Edited by spenson

42 minutes ago, spenson said:

Right now I'm the same as everyone and plan a list with only 1 box.

The list is:

1 Trueblood,

1 Serpent caller

1 Serpent

2 Truebloods

1 Venomblood with dual blades

1 Clearblood with dual blades

3 Clearbloods with shield

You end up with exactly 1000 points.

I didn't expect the clearbloods to look this good IRL when I saw them on the box art. I'm not a fan of the venomblood with dual blades/whip because I love those gladiator helmets.

You mean pure blood? You only get 1. And you miss the Venomblood with shield, also you only got 1 clearblood with shield I think.

Edited by RaiderX

Yes sorry I meant Pureblood. With a bit of conversion it wasn't that hard to make the venomblood with shield look like a second Pureblood (especially since the sculpt was already closer to a Pureblood than to the other venomblood).

It's the same for the clearbloods with shield. It even gives you a weapon for the trueblood. You can use a tzangoor shield and replace the tzeentch mark with something that looks like the splintered fangs shield.

Edited by spenson

Well a lot of the damages come from critical hits so an extra toughness doesn't change as much as you'd think. A clearblood with blades has 4 attacks vs 2 for the shield (who can use the double). However I intend to put 3 clearbloods with shield in my hammer so they will often only need to take an objective and not use a lot of attack actions.

Edited by spenson

1 hour ago, spenson said:

Well a lot of the damages come from critical hits so an extra toughness doesn't change as much as you'd think. A clearblood with blades has 4 attacks vs 2 for the shield (who can use the double). However I intend to put 3 clearbloods with shield in my hammer so they will often only need to take an objective and not use a lot of attack actions.

Yeah I suppose more attacks equals more critical chances huh.

In this case, double the chances