Squatting Watch: Alerts for Discontinued Models

56 minutes ago, Ashendant said:

You should be able to play them until the next GHB, since they have both points and warscrolls.

I am same as you.  I lost two of my three AoS armies.  For my old stuff , I am thinking of either playing WHFB again or (more realistically) play AoS Legends using points from GHB19.  

• LOVE IT! 1

I have made a list:
High aevles: loremaster/white lion chariot/archmage/chariots/dragon noble/dragon blades/swordmasters/white lions/dragon lord/archmage on dragon/skycutter
Wood aevles:
spellweaver/waywatcher/wayfinder/glade guard/waystrider
The humans:
gunmaster/warrior priest/freeguild archers/volkmar the grim on the war altar of sigmar/freeguild general/witch hunter/warrior priest on warhorse
The dispossed:
unforged/thunderer/quarreller/warrior/organ gun/cannon
The dark aelves: None

Well, actually only dispossed and high aevles suffers a lot from this deletion.

While it sucks so many units/factions are going, I don’t find it too surprising.

Swifthawk going made sense with SoD getting axed. 

Order Draconis and Edlritch council while cool, weren’t really super intriguing in terms of getting expanded. 

I can see Wanderers and Phoenix Tenple getting spun off and that is supported by this I think. 

Wow, I am just... just surprised they are wiping out this much. I don't want to panic just yet  as they may have a massive model release for cities (doubt it) but the sheer number of unique faction units that can and should give all these cities extra dimensions just being wiped out?

the thing that hurts the most is the arch mage. I just made a converted model for my idoneth Deepkin to have a Mage that can keep up with my all eel list, so having it be deleted before I could even play a 2000 point game just.... ouch.

and now what will I make my blood knights out of?!

Edited by Acid_Nine
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Well, actually only dispossed and high aevles suffers a lot from this deletion.

Wanderers are basically unplayable if all of these deletions are permanent. 

Overall though I'd caution people to wait and see what GW announces before going and quitting the hobby or selling off your collection.

• Like 1

Just now, swarmofseals said:

Wanderers are basically unplayable if all of these deletions are permanent. 

Overall though I'd caution people to wait and see what GW announces before going and quitting the hobby or selling off your collection.

I am not sure whether all HQ are gone, but most of the infantry/calvary are still there, only glade guard is gone.

43 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

It's about official support, TK and bret are still in AOS but they will probably never get updated. Those deleted one probably will be the same.

I know. I'm just saying it's not quite time to throw your models away just yet. At the very least you will get 11 more months when they are considered up to date, especially in the case of mercenary companies. Also a lack of updates doesn't bother me too much. It is gw saying in the latest faq that models not in the ghb are not allowed that makes me a bit angry. 

Due to a lack of synergies and army abilities , old minis will never be super competitive. Why not let people take them to tournaments if they want?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

Wow, I am just... just surprised they are wiping out this much. I don't want to panic just yet  as they may have a massive model release for cities (doubt it) but the sheer number of unique faction units that can and should give all these cities extra dimensions just being wiped out?

the thing that hurts the most is the arch mage. I just made a converted model for my idoneth Deepkin to have a Mage that can keep up with my all eel list, so having it be deleted before I could even play a 2000 point game just.... ouch.

and now what will I make my blood knights out of?!

I'll say this again. If a model doesn't get a new warscroll in the cities book, the old warscroll and points will still be valid until the next ghb comes out. So you can use that arch mage for another 11 months at least. Discontinued does not mean removed from the rules. It just means no more updates.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'll say this again. If a model doesn't get a new warscroll in the cities book, the old warscroll and points will still be valid until the next ghb comes out. So you can use that arch mage for another 11 months at least. Discontinued does not mean removed from the rules. It just means no more updates.

And that doesnt mean much considering we never had suport to begin with! That is the whole point!

People with classic armies have been waiting 4 years for support, get the book  anounced  and finally..... their models removed.

One more year of broken up subfactions with no traits, artifacts and proper rules isnt a perk, it only means you wont be supported for another year before beeing dumped.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Dont panic,im sure this dont meaning nothing.

It is 100% imposible that dragonlord is being reboxed or deleted but the black dragon isnt being or the phoenyx. Those 3 models were released at the same time and have similar price,plastic etc so if they changue\delete the dragonlord then they gonna do the same with the black dragon and phoenyx

• Confused 1

Glade Guard, Dispossessed Warriors, Quarrelers, and Thunderers might be gone because of the 16 unit size instead of 10, but it's weird to see the first two considering they got repackaged (and recently too)

I feel for the High Elf players though, they have to be livid that their collection just got nuked from orbit.