Warcry- Idoneth Deepkin

Acid_Nine

So what has been the preferred leader for your warband? I started out liking the ishlaen, but now I think I like the morrsarr guard a bit more. I like the reach of the spear quite a lot, and it made my leader pretty survivable when I make people waste activations getting to him.

11 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

So what has been the preferred leader for your warband? I started out liking the ishlaen, but now I think I like the morrsarr guard a bit more. I like the reach of the spear quite a lot, and it made my leader pretty survivable when I make people waste activations getting to him.

In my experience it is a trade off, however the Morrsarr leader,  is slightly better in most cases.

Edited by Nerdkingdan

• 4 weeks later...

This is what my Warband currently looks like; 

1 Ishlean Prince

1 Ishlean Guard

1 Tidecaster Merc

3 Thralls

3 Reavers

I’m a few games into the campaign so soon I’ll be able to add another thrall. I’ve also played with the Soulscryer and his triple is amazing if you roll well...

64B2913A-9E89-4FF9-931D-A19EC8CBEFAF.jpeg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 7 months later...

Got a SC Idoneth from my girlfriend so she can play warcry with me (and as such it's her fault I will end up buying Catacombs 😂)

She loves the eels and the Soulrender. So I'm thinking 

Morrsarr Prince 260
Soulrender 150
Ishlean Eel 200 
Morrsarr Eel 195
2x Thrall 160
Total 965

Is that playable? Or just too little bodies? 
(she loves to dive, so no surprise she ended up like the fish elves the most )

And if so, in your opinion, should I just bite the bullet for some reavers? Or just go for more thralls, play a few games and when we get around to actually campaign play add the reavers?

12 hours ago, Kramer said:

Got a SC Idoneth from my girlfriend so she can play warcry with me (and as such it's her fault I will end up buying Catacombs 😂)

She loves the eels and the Soulrender. So I'm thinking 

Morrsarr Prince 260
Soulrender 150
Ishlean Eel 200 
Morrsarr Eel 195
2x Thrall 160
Total 965

Is that playable? Or just too little bodies? 
(she loves to dive, so no surprise she ended up like the fish elves the most )

And if so, in your opinion, should I just bite the bullet for some reavers? Or just go for more thralls, play a few games and when we get around to actually campaign play add the reavers?

I don't know much about Idoneth, but just a few points.

From the leaks of the new Warcry books, it looks like all the hero/mercenaries will be converted into leaders of warbands instead. So in future it looks like you'll be unable to run the Morsarr Prince and the Soulrender (ofc, you can just say the Prince is a regular one and I'm sure that's fine). So your line-up might change in future.

I personally like playing warbands (and armies) which have a bit of everything, so I think certainly the Reavers would add an interesting dynamic to the warband. That being said, if you're unsure how long her interest will last, or tight on budget, I think that it's fine to start off without them. The army already has enough interesting bits as you've got flying speedy eels and some cheaper guys to fight with.

Besides, if you're worried about bodies you can always drop one of your other Eels and put in more Thralls to increase your body count. And you don't need to buy the Reavers boxed set to do that, so you've already got a bit of flexibility in what you can run.

6 hours ago, someone2040 said:

I don't know much about Idoneth, but just a few points.

From the leaks of the new Warcry books, it looks like all the hero/mercenaries will be converted into leaders of warbands instead. So in future it looks like you'll be unable to run the Morsarr Prince and the Soulrender (ofc, you can just say the Prince is a regular one and I'm sure that's fine). So your line-up might change in future.

I personally like playing warbands (and armies) which have a bit of everything, so I think certainly the Reavers would add an interesting dynamic to the warband. That being said, if you're unsure how long her interest will last, or tight on budget, I think that it's fine to start off without them. The army already has enough interesting bits as you've got flying speedy eels and some cheaper guys to fight with.

Besides, if you're worried about bodies you can always drop one of your other Eels and put in more Thralls to increase your body count. And you don't need to buy the Reavers boxed set to do that, so you've already got a bit of flexibility in what you can run.

Yeah that’s true. Plenty of option. 
didnt know about the allies turning into leaders. 

my main ‘worry’ is that the first match up cypher lords (just the one box) vs the idoneth turns into a non match in some way. Kinda understood the aos army warbands were a bit overpowered vs the Warcry warbands (but a second box helps in that respect.) 

but so far nobody has responded saying their is no way that the cypher lords can kill the eel or something. So I’m happy. And I’ll likely paint op 2 eels, 1 of each, the soulrender and 5 thralls. 
that way I can later let her decide on the last eel. And paint that together with a box of reavers and lothan. (Which hasn’t got rules but the pointy finger dudes rules match close enough, the shoal quad being a nice representation of the octopus going loco)