Warcry- The Unmade discussion

RaiderX

I'm surprised no one make this yet.

7gqo21m3ypb31.jpg

They probably had the best double among the Chaos warband. With a pole weapon you can safely poke other and there're nothing they can do about that unless they had a range weapon

Edited by RaiderX
  • Like 2

Wishlisting item: expand these crazed freaks into a full Slaaneshi Mortal faction! Then add their “beauty/pleasure” counterparts as well. Lore says the Cypher Lords follow Tzeentch but aesthetically they could also make a nice Slaaneshi cult. 

1 hour ago, Lior'Lec said:

Wishlisting item: expand these crazed freaks into a full Slaaneshi Mortal faction! Then add their “beauty/pleasure” counterparts as well. Lore says the Cypher Lords follow Tzeentch but aesthetically they could also make a nice Slaaneshi cult. 

As far as I know the Cypher Lords don’t follow Tzeentch, none of them follow any god in particular. 

None are story scripted to follow a specific god as such, but they do worship gods of their own who are likely demons in the guise of their god. Now some are going to lean toward one god or two more than the others. For example the Untamed Beasts are less likely to lean toward Tzeentch, but more likely to err toward Khorne. However most could easily lean toward Slaanesh, whilst some might err toward Nurgle.

So they are a bit like the wild tribes in War Queen Novella; they might worship one god for a while, and then either the greater demon behind the scenes gets outed by another in the Chaos Realms and it steals the worship; or they find another patron god who is stronger who offers them greater benefit. Or even a facet of their single god. So their god remains the same, but instead of worshipping the excess of bloodlust they start to worship and focus on the harvesting of skulls instead. A subtle change to their society and method of worship that, in the background, has huge impacts on what greater demon is getting the worship and supporting them

Remembering that Chaos Gods rarely get involved at this level. Mortals might talk of worship of the God, but in actuality they generally deal with Greater Demons for the most part. Even the Great Horned One has only appeared to his Skaven a few times, whilst the rest of the time its hte Vermin Lords.

I love these models and want to paint them up as a Mardi Gras krewe! That carnival aspect plays nicely with their "blissful" and "joyous" personality.  I can even paint their face-buckles like colorful masks!

Edited by Zamik

I remember reading somewhere the cypher lords worshipping tzeentch, but just went back and re-read their intro on community page and guess I must have imagined it. Still the unmade would be perfect for the basis of a Slaaneshi mortal army and hence... EXPAND!

12 hours ago, Lior'Lec said:

I remember reading somewhere the cypher lords worshipping tzeentch, but just went back and re-read their intro on community page and guess I must have imagined it. Still the unmade would be perfect for the basis of a Slaaneshi mortal army and hence... EXPAND!

Ok so I wasn't alone. I'm pretty sure I also read somewhere that they worship tzeentch.

Hmmmm I smell some warp shenanigans.

1 hour ago, spenson said:

Ok so I wasn't alone. I'm pretty sure I also read somewhere that they worship tzeentch.

Hmmmm I smell some warp shenanigans.

It said something like ‘they’re more insane than the most fervent Tzeentch worshippers’ but didn’t actually say they worshipped Tzeentch. 

Fluff question regarding the Unmade:

I haven't read what the Warcry rulebook says about them (if anything), as I'm still wondering whether Warcry is something for me... But I've read their description on the GW store page and it seems they originated in Shyish? But, if so, then... how come? I read the lore in main AoS rulebook this weekend and what I got of Shyish is that it's a realm made of underworlds, full of ghosts etc. Do normal (well... relatively) people actually live there?

23 minutes ago, PiotrW said:

Fluff question regarding the Unmade:

I haven't read what the Warcry rulebook says about them (if anything), as I'm still wondering whether Warcry is something for me... But I've read their description on the GW store page and it seems they originated in Shyish? But, if so, then... how come? I read the lore in main AoS rulebook this weekend and what I got of Shyish is that it's a realm made of underworlds, full of ghosts etc. Do normal (well... relatively) people actually live there?

The book says that they ruled a city near the Shyish Nadir. Their leader, who came to be known as The Flayed Prince, turned to Chaos to protect his people from the constant attacks of the  undead. Their hook for being in the Bloodwind Spoil is that they believe the Flayed Prince is there and they want to find him.

4 minutes ago, Zamik said:

The book says that they ruled a city near the Shyish Nadir. Their leader, who came to be known as The Flayed Prince, turned to Chaos to protect his people from the constant attacks of the  undead. Their hook for being in the Bloodwind Spoil is that they believe the Flayed Prince is there and they want to find him.

Interesting! I didn't think that there could be any kind of living civilization in Shyish... I thought that Nagash would wipe such living communities as fast as possible?

On the other hand, Shadespire also was Shyish, so maybe I'm getting a wrong impression of what that realm is like...

Shyish is indeed the land of the dead, but it also relies heavily on the living. Don't forget alongside your ghouls and ghosts you've got vampires who need mortals to feed from and all those undead, well, they have to be alive first to then become dead and then advance on to be undead. It's not like the realms of the dead in other settings, where it would only have the dead. For AoS the realm was forged by the Winds of Magic for death powers, but it doesnt' preclude the living being there. 

You've got cities, traders, peoples, farmers etc... It's a thriving realm akin to many of the others; save that it also features many of the departed ghosting the lands. There will also clearly be some regions so infested with the dead that few to none of the living can survive, and likely the reverse; regions where the dead are few in number and a rarity whilst teh living outnumber them greater. These sites will likely be near powerful Realm Gates that tie them to other realms and will be important points of trade, commerce and travel. 

Also it should be noted that whilst every race lives everywhere, there are clearly favourites and races that live in one realm far more than any other; whilst some realms might have hardly any of a particular people. At the extreme the Warbands for Warcry appear to be tied to very specific realms. The Unmade are creatures of Shyish and are basically only tied to that realm as the home of their peoples; where their powerbase and centre is located. It doesn't mean they can't appear in other realms and that a band of them might found a settlement in another realm; just that the bulk of their story is going to be focused on being based from Shyish. 

Thanks for all the input regarding Shyish :)

I also have a tiny (and silly) question regarding the Blissful One: that skull. Is it supposed to be this guy's (gal's?) head - which would me this person has really freakish neck? Or is it just a fancy hat and the real head is below it?

I know, a silly thing, but I can't help thinking of it ever since I saw this warband... ;)

4 minutes ago, PiotrW said:

Thanks for all the input regarding Shyish :)

I also have a tiny (and silly) question regarding the Blissful One: that skull. Is it supposed to be this guy's (gal's?) head - which would me this person has really freakish neck? Or is it just a fancy hat and the real head is below it?

I know, a silly thing, but I can't help thinking of it ever since I saw this warband... ;)

You can see an eye slit in the veil where the real head is!