Warcry - how are you preparing for the launch!

Overread

So we are at the half way point with pre-orders for Warcry! Just one more week until we start seeing parcels shipping and arriving in peoples hands (assuming many stores tend to get pre-orders out before the Saturday and thus models can start landing at any point after around Thursday through to the Monday). So what are you doing as we build up to the formal launch of the game and what have you got on order to start off your warbands?!

Myself I'm pledged to completing my current backlog of Slaanesh plastic models before I can add any more through warcry. It's gone well over the last week and I now only have to work on finishing off building one last Exalted Chariot and then my plastic stock of Slaanesh is completed. After that I've technically got some metal models to work on (mortal on mount and old metal demon which is going to be a prince); however as they require conversions and materials I'm not including them in this work count. I'd like to get a mawlock and trygon finished up too just to keep beating back the backlog before Warcry arrives and overloads me with more plastic. 

Warcry wise I've go the main box on order and the cards for Daughter's of Khaine; giving me 2 warbands, rules for my DoK army and also the beasts and terrain from the set as well as all the cards and rules. I'm half tempted to consider exchanging the Iron Golems for more Untamed Beasts, but I'm not sure if I'll bother going through with it as I don't detest the Iron Golems asthetic - I just would rather make a larger force of Untamed Beasts to play with in warbands and take in an eventual Slaves to Darkness army. 

I'm also likely going to haunt ebay for a while and see how much the beasts from the set end up reselling for as I'm sure broken up sets will be selling well on ebay. I'd love to get a few more furies; great looking models and a very solid addition to Chaos in having a  little harassment unit.

• Like 2

My friend has the Starter Set on pre-order, so I'm going to do the sensible thing and just pick up the rulebook and DoK cards.

I got some Blood Sisters and Witch Aelves awaiting a lick of paint, so I think I should be covered for at least the starting 1000pts for a warband. :)

Later down the line I'll probably go for either the Iron Golem and / or Cypher Lords, but can't justify either until I've got those Khainites painted up first!

Edited by Circus of Paint

Worked through some backlog by finishing up two underworlds warbands and some kill team models. Also picked up a contrast paint to test out for the iron golems red-metallic scheme. I'll work on finishing up my 2k slaanesh list this week, bit I don't think I'll get everything done there.

Banging out my bonesplitterz in a particular order, so that I get a good spread of units done first, giving me a nice selection of all the Warcry-legal ones for next week. Once I finish I'll do up some retro squig hoppers for my gitz.

Not sure how big a deal the preset terrain loadouts are for Warcry, but my first few games are going to be on whatever's available at the store.

1 hour ago, soak314 said:

Banging out my bonesplitterz in a particular order, so that I get a good spread of units done first, giving me a nice selection of all the Warcry-legal ones for next week. Once I finish I'll do up some retro squig hoppers for my gitz.

Not sure how big a deal the preset terrain loadouts are for Warcry, but my first few games are going to be on whatever's available at the store.

The random card feature of terrain and objectives its neat, but not mandatory. I see it like the random spell picks and item picks in most battletomes - its a nice ish feature, but by and large you don't have to do it that way to have fun. Considering that terrain and missions are split you can easily setup your own terrain and just random pick the missions or even make your own without any worries . The terrain sets with cards is jsut there to help give impartial terrain setups and to jump start and get people into games fast. Why bother spending 20 mins debating the terrain when you can pick a card and set it up in under a minute. 

• Like 4

Waiting on a paycheck before I can order, so it's a bit touch and go. Can't wait to pick up the starter set. I already have skeletons and A bunch of eels from my AoS projects to play with, and planning on getting the untamed beasts ready along with splintered fangs when they drop. Can't wait to start a campaign thing either!

I just saw the starter box contents at my store and it’s testing my resolve. The minis are really beautiful!

So plan A is to just buy the book, battleplan cards and nighthaunt + stormcast cards, and play the miniatures I already have with some proxies (I have sacrosanct stormcasts but no vanguard).

Plan B is to buy the starter box if I can find buyers for the minis and maybe the terrain, so I get to keep all the counters etc (maybe even the terrain)

Plan C is to just buy the starter box and hoard everything in a big pile like a nerdy dragon 😂

• Haha 1

I’ve been working on the extra Azyrite Ruins you get with the townscape set for most of my hobby time this week. I have also just finished a Freeguild warband for Skirmish. I wasn’t initially planning on getting the starter set but it is such a good deal. I think the Iron Golems might be my favourite warband too. Only reason I am thinking of just buying the book on its own is I now have a good collection of ruins. Although, I love how thematic the ruins are from the Warcry set - dilemmas!

I am finishing up some stuff that has been hanging around for a while - thinks like basing on 10 Dryads, finishing up a couple of Underworlds warbands, minor things like that.

Also converting up and painting a Flesh Eater Court warband. First 5 models:

EAhMVrKU0AAAXk-.jpg.6cceafc7436e2ef79d60fa1bb042e46f.jpg

Getting the core box, couple of card packs, and will pick up at least the Corvus Cabal, maybe the Splintered Fang as well...

• Like 2

I'm going to run a small band of Blood Knights as "counts as" Idoneth eel riders.  I've already got them painted up so I'm just waiting for the rules at this point.

If you're wondering, Soulblight can have flying Blood Knights so yes, it fits perfectly!

Edited by TMS

Unfortunately I blew a ton of money on my other projects a month or two ago and now i'm hurting to afford the starter box. I'm scrambling to sell off any unused stuff or cobble together funds so I can get it. 150+ bucks for a new game is a lot of money for me right now. If I hadn't have blown a similar amount of money on blood bowl I would be in a better spot. 

GW is releasing so much new stuff all the time I just can't keep up with it, some stuff is going to have to go.