Warcry - Bonesplitterz Discussion

soak314

I've had two games with my boyz now, and both have been good, fun, balanced games and both have been wins.

I'm using a Morboy boss, a totem, a big stabba, 2 of the guys with toof shivs, and 3 bows. Loving the balance.

@Dew I'm looking forward to hearing how a tournament is run to make a fair experience. At present, straight out of the box, I'm not seeing how this awesome game can translate into a fair tournament game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dew said:

All my boyz are built and ready. 

Have a tournament coming up and I want to give them a shot. Here's my thoughts? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully I can get a few games in before.

Arrow boss

Big Stabba

2 totems

2 arrow boys

3 shield choppas

I know for sure there will be nighthaunt and two different mostly squig warbands there at least

I'd drop some bodies to make room for another stabba. I've found a totem and a stabba in your dagger and shield each can really help give you the punch you need vs tougher warbands.

Arrow boys are a tempting grab but I'd drop em for the aforementioned stabba or more shield choppas.

Agreed that arrowboss is the way to go for tryharding, dead cheap 25 wounds at 4T. You could stick him in a battle group next to a stabba to give that stabba either alpha strike/catchup capability depending on situation. Turning an early high value double into a triple and chucking your stabba right into your opponent's most important model on your first activation does a number on their morale.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got myself a box of Savage Orruks, and I must say I am really happy I can make every Warband model and still have enough to make a full unit of Arrowboys to ally with my Gitz in regular AoS!

Next Wednesday I am playing my first games with:

Arrowboss

2 Totems

2 Big Stabbas

Arrowboy

Chompa/Shiv Boy

Chompa/Shield Boy

The contrast paint Ork Flesh on Grey Seer primer is really nice and leafy green, like healthy photosynthetic fungoid dudes should be!   

I had a campaign game too but was 'kill all the shield guys', and if any of our shield guys were within 4" of the edge after the end of the fourth round they died.  I narrowly lost, leaving 1 wound on a puny Cabal spear dude, and his allied Slaughterpriest came in to finish off my arrowboy.  Soooo close!  

I found the arrowboss and arrowboy to not do too much overall, but for finishing off those last wounds of some enemies they are quite valuable.  I'm thinking maybe trade the arrowboss for a moar-boss, and get another arrow boy in there.  Not sure if I need 2 totems, but 2 big stabbas were good to have.  Tough to time the totem effect well.   I need MOAR practice :D