LoN’s ability

frostfire

Question

The gravesites have the ability to resurrect models in friendly units. Can I bring back models in allied summonable units in this manner as long as they are friendly units though not a part of my allegiance?

I know the core rules suggest that allegiance abilities cannot benefit allied units but the Faq says when an allegiance ability contradicts the core rules, the allegiance ability takes precedence over the core rules.

The same question about the Endless Legion command ability as well.

How do you guys work these out?

5 answers to this question

Q: The core/matched play rules say that allies cannot use
or benefit from allegiance abilities. There seems to be quite a number of situations where the question of what ‘benefit from’ means. Could you explain please?
A: Certainly. It means that battle traits do not apply to and cannot be used by allied units. In addition, it means that allied units cannot receive allegiance abilities that you choose (or roll for) for certain types of unit in your army, such as command traits, artefacts of power or spells from spell lores. Note that, in the second case, allied units can be affected by such allegiance abilities when they are used (or would otherwise take effect) during the battle, as long as no other restrictions apply. For example, you could not choose an allied Wizard to know a spell from a spell lore, but an allied unit could be affected by the spell if it was cast. In addition, any scenery rules for faction-specific terrain features apply to allied units during the battle.

1 hour ago, Sedraxis said:

In this case yes, a LoN general can revive an allied SUMMONABLE unit. Gravesites can also heal/resurrect allied SUMMONABLE units.

So the argument for gravesites working on allied units was that the allegiance ability is granted to the gravesites themselves, rather than your units.

However there is this bit in the Legions FAQ:
Q: Can I use the Deathless Minions, Endless Legions and Invigorating Aura battle traits for allies in a Legions of Nagash army?
A: No. However, note that several Nighthaunt units can now be taken as part of a Legions of Nagash army, and you can use those battle traits for those units (see the Legions of Nagash errata).

So the answer is NO you cannot.

8 hours ago, frostfire said:

I know the core rules suggest that allegiance abilities cannot benefit allied units but the Faq says when an allegiance ability contradicts the core rules, the allegiance ability takes precedence over the core rules.

7 hours ago, Tankman said:

No allied units don't benefit from allegiance abilities

Are you serious?